Digimon Adventure: Episode 32- Soaring Hope

Naal

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sora is always fine after Garudamon's Shadow Wing, but she shuld be burned, so it is nothing special.
Sure. We got this kind of thing since at least when Koushiro rode AtlurKabuterimon while it used Horn Buster in episode 11(?), but it's still funny for me nonetheless.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really love the episode. Especially Pegasmon part.

It's like Bandai and Toei wanted to tell the anime only fans, especially Adv 02, that armor evolution is not that rigid, the rule is not that exclusive.
Like, we know that Ponchomon is the Death Evolution of Togemon. At the same time, it can evolve from Patamon.
We know that Sagittarimon is the evolution of Centalmon. At the same time, it can evolve from V-mon.
We know that Gargomon is the purified Devidramon and at the same time it can evolve from V-mon.

The armor evolution rule is not that rigid or strict. Never was. The digimentals are just the method in certain in-universe lore. Just like tags, cards, etc.

One more thing I love about Pegasmon is that Pegasmon CAN be the connection to Adventure 02 reboot.

Infinity Master

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What people seem to forget is that "Armor Level" Digimon's power level varies greatly across different Armor Digimon.

For example, Flamedramon (to me) has always felt like a "Champion Level" Digimon strength-wise, while on the other hand someone like "Magnamon" has always been treated as a "Mega Level" Digimon strength-wise on par with the other Royal Knights (which are all Mega level Digimon as far as I'm concerned).

So while Pegasusmon also felt like an Armor Level Digimon with "Champion Level" strength back in Digimon Adventure 02, since "Holy Digimon" in this anime seem to depicted as stronger Digimon than the typical non-holy Digimon (hence why Angemon 'Champion' was able to draw with DarkKnightmon 'Ultimate'), seeing Pagasusmon being able to handle Cerberumon shouldn't be all that surprising to be honest.

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another decent Episode. Things maybe looking up!

The explination for Patamon not being able to evolve to Angemon was good enough, although I didn't think we would have Lopmon with us again so soon.
So, has Takeru actually met Patamon before. My gut says, likely. Since we still don't have any real clues whey this lot were 'chosen'.
Also, was Black Seraphimon 'this actually happened' or could have happened. Clarification would have been rather nice.

I don't think it was a shock we got Pegasmon at all and the fact he was able to battle was a nice thing. I don't mind the fact we even got Pegasmon. Does this set up other alternative Evolutions I wonder.

Also pleased that we saw Fangmon lol.

DragonicEmperor

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope that Pegasmon means Patamon gets a fully new line so we don't end up with Seraphimon as its Ultimate again.

Luckily, I know better than that and know it won't happen. I'm just sick and tired of these angels as much as I am of the Royal Knights. The biggest pests in this franchise.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, that episode has got to be one of my favourites so far. Fangmon made his animated debut iirc here. Patamon actually lost the ability to go up the Angemon line (he'll probably get it back eventually though), the shot of all the Holy Digimon reinforces my theory that Devimon was formerly one too...and lastly, the writers actually went and had Patamon evolve into Pegasmon. I know the title of the episode kinda gave it away but I refused to believe it until it actually started happening.

I guess they don't plan on rebooting 02 then lol. :ROFLMAO:

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pegasusmon without Digimental in anime? That's curious. I wonder what is the idea behind a second evolution. Maybe he lacks holy powers, but still has hope?
I think that since the show has put such a significance on the appearance of Angemon and the Holy Digimon, even more so than the original, this was a way to involve Patamon in the action without having to make it such a big deal.

I had mixed feelings on the way they were using Angemon up to this point, but the way they've used that precedent to have a cool character moment about self-expectations and personal growth, while also having a cool surprise digivolution was really well executed.

Last edited:

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wasn't expecting Pegasusmon to appear in the show. Does this mean Nefertimon will appear in the show too?

DazzleDream

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm fine if they treat Pegasmon as a Perfect-level, cuz he makes a nice bridge to Goddramon :)

However, Pegasmon didn't beat Cerberumon on his own, it's a team effort just like how HolyAngemon defeated Piemon with the help of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon.
Yeah that would be great! I was wondering this time if they might give Patamon Goddramon and Gatomon Ophanimon as a kind of reverse! (Yes I know this Patamon was probably seraphimon as well, but it would be nice to see this as his alternative 'main' line.

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The green beams that shoot out of Cerberumon's mouth is that it Hellfire/Emerald Blaze or something new.

Ricardolindo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this episode was awesome. The Fangmon and Cerberumon were really dark and exciting enemies. The scene of Patamon and Lopmon in a psychic communication was interesting. Patamon's new digievolution to Pegasusmon was nice.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The green beams that shoot out of Cerberumon's mouth is that it Hellfire/Emerald Blaze or something new.
It’s Hellfire. The eye lasers were new, though.

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Takeru and Patamon get the nice animation again. This was the same animation style we saw when MetalGreymon dark evolved when fighting DoneDevimon, right?

Nice too see the room inside Komondomon.

I absolutely loved Fangmon. It has such a cool design, and the nice animation made it look more threatening than Cerberumon.

Since we can now be certain about who will get new evolutions/forms because of the Digivice:, I'm a little worried about Sora, Koushirou, Mimi and Jou... They didn't get new Perfect forms, and it looks like they won't get other Mega forms.

Eitaroutarouman

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Given...everything else about this show, that shouldn't come off as a surprise.

Lilimonblooms

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Takeru and Patamon get the nice animation again. This was the same animation style we saw when MetalGreymon dark evolved when fighting DoneDevimon, right?

Nice too see the room inside Komondomon.

I absolutely loved Fangmon. It has such a cool design, and the nice animation made it look more threatening than Cerberumon.

Since we can now be certain about who will get new evolutions/forms because of the Digivice:, I'm a little worried about Sora, Koushirou, Mimi and Jou... They didn't get new Perfect forms, and it looks like they won't get other Mega forms.
Im worried just like you...
However we can still be surprised, they are not treated badly if you ask me given how much Sora and garudamon are appearing.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Their Mega forms were showed us in the previous episode with only WarGreymon not being a silhouette meaning the rest of them have a fair chance of appearing too.

About the episode it was actually nice. It had some small issues like Takeru sitting on Pegasusmon each time differently in a matter of a few seconds, but overall the episode was watchable. Kinda hoped that Takeru will end up as Fangmon's food Cerberumon will change form into his werewolf one, but what it showed us was pretty amazing too.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wasn't expecting Pegasusmon, so that's a welcome surprise! Certainly throws a new element to the mix. Plus there was a micro-glimpse of ShadowSeraphimon, so I wonder if that's foreshadowing or just an additional mechanic for worldbuilding.

I also love the idea that Mimi's just having crazy adventures while we watch everybody else. Matt's been running for a few episodes now though, so maybe it's time to give him something to do...

taz111

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not a huge fan of Pegasusmon, but I think they presented him very well here and his attacks that made him interesting. I do hope that this is temp, because I love me some Angemon and the Angel duo hehe, but it would be cool if they presented new evolution forms for Pegasusmon and when I say new, I mean new forms that are newly created and never seen in digimon lore. It would be interesting if they played more on greek mythology with his forms, like a humanoid god like Zeus like character.

Youkomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, they are doing multiple evolutions this time around? Does this mean we will still have a chance to see Holydramon?