Digimon Adventure: Episode 31- A New Darkness, Millenniumon

Soluble Toast

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode really made me think that Devimon was once SlashAngemon and Dknightmon was once ClavisAngemon..

gambitprime

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do you think we will see the previous digidestined that fought in the ancient war ?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I doubt it. There’s been no mention of previous Chosen Children in this series.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, this was fun. We have MetalPhantomon and Gokumon. ...Who Wargreymon stabbed in the chest then Rasengan'd point blank. That's bad. But anyway, Lopmon as a holymon plus Ophanimon(we can tell who it is right? That's not a spoiler?). ...That makes sense really.

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This time we get some exposition from someone other then Koushiro for a change. As Lopmon is prompted to remind both the cast and viewers, that among all the consecutive one-sided fight sequences and Joe fanservice, this show does have an actual plot.

Although a fair chunk of what is provided is really more of a recap then anything, with the only real major revelation being that Angewomon/Ophanimon is a seemingly a thing.
The Ancient War itself still very much coming across as a slight tweak of the one from Frontier. Though whereas that had additional elements such as the division between the three Great Angels and human/beast Digimon in it's backstory. This is more of a clear cut straightforward good/light versus evil/dark scenario. With Millenniummon heavily indicated to be (yet another) mindless personification of rampaging chaos...yay...

Ultimately it's bare bones additional insight, and sadly doesn't delve further into things like the prior relationship between Angemon and Devimon. But it does at least serve to get things back on track a bit, and spare us a few extra minutes free from another round of Metalgreymon abuse.

Speaking of which, there is of course the actual 'highlight' of this episode for me. Namely one of my favourite Digimon of all time finally making it into the anime a good twenty years later then I would have initially wanted.
Was he wasted here? Absolutely! 100% royally done dirty (Not that I was expecting anything better mind you). But on the plus side it does mean I can finally update my Avatar.

...Oh yeah, Wargreymon was in this episode as well. Though I very much tuned out around that point. Choosing instead to focus more on the excavation of the *insert collective noun* of Komondomon. Or as I have taken to calling them, Mecha-Dougal.