Digimon Adventure: Episode 29- Escape the Burning Jungle

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If a Holy Digimon intervention is "necessary" to reach Ultiamte, I'd prefer Lopmon to help Garudamon, as MetalGreymon already "Blast evolved" twice with holy boosts and it would feel natural for him to achieve a proper evolution by himself.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol Glad Sora was the one to help
The others arent really helping

Matt looking for TK
Tk stayed in the same place
Izzy just gathering info about whats happening in the real world...hahah he didnt even offer to help Tai find Kari, but was like good luck
Joe just stayed in the hot springs (to be a man??? Nanimon and its "otoko" vibes)
Mimi gathering stones (Wished Golemon was shown at least)

They were kinda brutal though that Tankdramon anihlated the Budmon
Also thought that Woodmon who spoke was gonna live lol

Lopmon didnt even have a voice....i kept thinking it was gonna do something
Like some of the others think...i think it may somehow help Metalgreymon >Wargreymon

Ravelt

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll echo the same sentiment of some here, I really like the way they're portraying the digital world, that it is alive and a breathing world, that it exists even prior to the chosen children's adventure, the seadramon episode, this one etc., that the digimon are just living in their own habitat and that the chosen children just so happen to be their food.

I also like the contrast of the digidestined, Tai, Matt, Sora and Koushiro being the more serious and focused children while Mimi and Joe, the two who are easily distracted, they are children afterall I guess. It makes sense that Sora will be the one to find Taichi, not only does she have the fastest transportation, she seems to be the closest to his location anyway, Matt might find Takeru next, It would be funny though if he finds Joe or Mimi doing their own businesses. I'm also intrigued by Lopmon, will he be important to the plot, he seems to be focused a lot in this episode even without any important role at the moment.

Anyway, good episode, while the focus is on Taichi, the other children also got their time especially Sora, I always find Garudamon one of the strongest Perfect in the team anyway, I like that Shadow Wing can actually disperse forest fire. Anyway, if lopmon is indeed a holy digimon, I also won't mind if it is through his intervention rather than kari/tk, that MetalGreymon will digivolve, if their (holy digimon) power is really needed to go Mega.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure it was, really. His Digimon is still mostly out of it, and the place seems safe, so it would be kind of risky to move from it already.

Eitaroutarouman

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He could put Patamon on the ground and let him rest a bit. Or at least move him to an area that isn't out in the open in case an enemy does show up.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This definitely had some of my favorite aspects of the new series, namely the sense of the Digital World as an actual "place", whether it be locales, or in this case just more of the pseudo-Darwinism they've shown for a few episodes now. It was very nice to see Sora come to the rescue.

I wasn't quite sure what was going on with Lopmon though? It never spoke, and lagged behind a lot. Maybe it'll show up in future episodes.

Snorki McBolderbast

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At first I was worried about the cliff-hanger; how will our heroes ever beat a bunch of MegaDramon?? But then I remembered that Garudamon just killed one with one single punch. <phew!> Now I have no reason to worry - the stakes are so low!
And if the writers decide that Garudamon isn't up for the job, I'm sure the music will kick in as another one of the children arrives from nowhere to save the day - just in time too!

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seeing Tankdramon kill that poor innocent Budmon was so sad.

Brubarb

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While the Tankdramon fight was cool for the most part, it really bothered me with they USED THE SAME FOOTAGE for MetalGreymon Alteros Mode's "Positron Blaster" attack to end the battle.

I really wish they stop re-using the same attack animations over and over again for future fights.
I mean if they're using the same attack, can't they use the same attack animation? I feel like this is the same with any other show.

Atbara

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm curious to see if the gems that Mimi and Palmon are carrying around will have any significance to the story. Is there anything in Digimon lore that has colored gems connected to anything - evolutions etc?
Maybe they are Blastmon

Brubarb

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm curious to see if the gems that Mimi and Palmon are carrying around will have any significance to the story. Is there anything in Digimon lore that has colored gems connected to anything - evolutions etc?
Maybe they are Blastmon
Honestly thinking they're just regular old gems and Mimi just likes shiny things

Infinity Master

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While the Tankdramon fight was cool for the most part, it really bothered me with they USED THE SAME FOOTAGE for MetalGreymon Alteros Mode's "Positron Blaster" attack to end the battle.

I really wish they stop re-using the same attack animations over and over again for future fights.
I mean if they're using the same attack, can't they use the same attack animation? I feel like this is the same with any other show.
The original Positron Blaster attack animation already had bad animation (especially at the beginning when MetalGreymon flies before charging the shot). Also, the "angle" of his attack looked very weird in this episode because it looked like MetalGreymon was aiming upwards (which he did against Splashmon, but NOT against Tankdramon because both were on the ground and the attack should've been "horizontally aimed", not diagonally).

I think they were just too lazy to make a slightly different but more fitting attack to finish the fight and THAT kinda ruined the whole Tankdramon fight for me tbh.
(Sorry if you still disagree, but that's how I feel about it and that's that)

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Following right on from last time, Hikari has gone off joyriding with Skullknightmon. Naturally Taichi is very concerned.

So concerned in fact, that he and Agumon stop to help some random Digimon on the way. Both inevitably find themselves in a position of mortal peril (for umpteenth time) which inevitably means
either a power-up, an evolution, or someone comes along at the very last moment to bail them out.

This time it's option three in the form of Sora and Garudamon. Possibly so they can utilize their taxi service once this side-quest is over, but at least it gives Sora something meaningful to do besides standing
around looking concerned the majority of the time. At this point you take what you can with this reboot.

Again, this is one of those episodes that is pretty thin on content for me. The Woodmon/Budmon and a mute Lopmon (whose placement here smells suspiciously of future plot device) provide a refreshing break from the snarling wild Digimon the kids typically bump into, but ultimately are just there to serve as a distraction from the primary plot, and an excuse to have another big battle for the sake of having a big battle in order to pad things out. With this one serving to set up the big battle for the following episode.
All the other kids besides Sora are essentially where we left them last time. Mr Exposition goes without saying, Yamato is riding Garurumon, Takeru is standing around (presumably waiting for a voice in his head to tell him what to do), and Mimi and Joe are being themselves.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was a fighty episode. But while Joe is still funny, at least two of them are back together. Plus it looks like we'll getting some new stuff in the next set of episodes.