Digimon Adventure: Episode 28- The Children's Fight for Survival

Infinity Master

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Deckerdramon munching on fried Cyberdramon X while Izzy and Tentomon hide. That was a bit of a funny part. Seeing both is what I kinda enjoy.

I was hoping it was Sukamon and Chuumon chasing after Mimi instead of Golemon. That will be awsome.

The Monochromon surrounding Matt and Garurumon is spot on.

I do not get the Flymon around Sora and Biyomon.

Joe and Gomamon in a hot spring and then had to face Nanimon. That is going to be interested.

TK and Patamon in a field with nothing. It was cute trying to watch Patamon fly. Wonder if this is going to be the part for TK to get to Primary Village and meet with Elecmon.

The battle with MetalGreymon and Volcdramon is a bit intense. I was hoping they slow it down some, but you get what you get.

Kari agreeing to go with SkullKnightmon is a cliffhanger. I can not wait tell the next episode.
That's NOT "Cyberdramon X", that's Cyberdramon (Fusion) from season 6 Digimon anime (aka Digimon Xros Wars).

Source 1: https://digimon.fandom.com/wiki/Cyberdramon_(Fusion)

Source 2: https://digimon.fandom.com/wiki/Cyberdramon_X

Im kinda wondering if Skullknightmon's Steed Maildramon is our Tailmon? o.o

lol Sora vs bug digimon again (hoping to see Tropiamon lines or something)
Yeah I was wondering that too from the first time they showed him because REGULAR Maildramon is an Armor digivolution of Tailmon (but DarkMaildramon is classified as a "Champion" level, not an "Armor" level, so I really don't know how that would work).

But then again, since that DarkMaildramon has been silent for the most part and didn't have any major role so far (like SkullKnightmon), it would be KINDA anti-climactic if that DarkMaildramon turns out to be a fallen Tailmon at the end.

Last edited:

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Deckerdramon munching on fried Cyberdramon X while Izzy and Tentomon hide. That was a bit of a funny part. Seeing both is what I kinda enjoy.

I was hoping it was Sukamon and Chuumon chasing after Mimi instead of Golemon. That will be awsome.

The Monochromon surrounding Matt and Garurumon is spot on.

I do not get the Flymon around Sora and Biyomon.

Joe and Gomamon in a hot spring and then had to face Nanimon. That is going to be interested.

TK and Patamon in a field with nothing. It was cute trying to watch Patamon fly. Wonder if this is going to be the part for TK to get to Primary Village and meet with Elecmon.

The battle with MetalGreymon and Volcdramon is a bit intense. I was hoping they slow it down some, but you get what you get.

Kari agreeing to go with SkullKnightmon is a cliffhanger. I can not wait tell the next episode.
That's NOT "Cyberdramon X", that's Cyberdramon (Fusion) from season 6 Digmon anime (aka Digimon Xros Wars).

Source 1: https://digimon.fandom.com/wiki/Cyberdramon_(Fusion)

Source 2: https://digimon.fandom.com/wiki/Cyberdramon_X
I know. It was too late for me to edit the post when I see what I post.

Naal

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That was indeed a strange one.

Angemon vs DarkKnightmon was as short as expected. I thought that he would revert back to egg for a second before they showed Patamon's silhouette.

Still don't like that they have been separated again, but at least they seem to handle it better than the previous one. It kind of like the first separation (the Perfect arc). Let's see where it goes.

MetalGreymon vs Volcdramon was okay, they didn't manage to win immediately by force. Although I'm not a fan of WarGreymon's spirit's reappearance, so I have a mixed feeling about that. Also I kind of expect WarGreymon would revert back to Koromon, but I guess we won't go that low in level anymore.

The only thing I found interesting (i.e. might be plot relevant) is Hikari willingly went with SkullKnightmon. Considering what Taichi revealed not long before, it might mean that Tailmon is near SkullKnightmon. Maybe it really is DarkMaildramon, or maybe Tailmon was just being captured by Milleniummon like Angemon was by Devimon.

Rockapheller

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This series has the least amount of storytelling, and the whole thing is all about evolving, shooting things around, chasing and running with little to no texture in the core. 1/3 of each episode consists of stock images anyway. I continue to watch for the sake of having watched so far, but I can't say it has a big impact on me whatsoever...

arisniko1

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Again, empty. I love Digimon but what is that series supposed to be? I feel like there is no character development AT ALL and we are supposedly midway through the series right? I know it's unfair to compare with the OG but it's inevitable. I was rewatching LEK the other day and the moment where Omegamon is forming and then disolve because of the separation starting to happen. It's epic. It makes you care. What am I supposed to care about in this show? We all beat down Tri. but even that one... they tried and tried to save Meikoomon and then they all had to kill her to save her. That scene where Omegamon MM has to strike her down hit right in the feels. Or Wizarmon sacrificing himself to save Hikari and Tailmon?
I think about all these moments and in 28 epis, I dont believe we got any of that here. I know and I'll admit that I'm being negative right now and I'm sorry. I wont leave this show, ever but it's just Sunday's entertainment at this point. Nothing more. Of course all this IMHO.

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mimi would have once again stolen the spotlight this week, if not for Tentomon-holding-digivice.

I'm enjoying the idea that fake news/conspiracy theories generate net traffic that is used for evil purposes in the Digital world. Maybe it will have an impact on the kids watching the show.

I like to believe that Milleniumon or another evil being is the one calling Hikari. Ever since we first saw the opening, some people noted Hikari looked like a villain.

And I'm hoping Nanimon is an ally who will help the kids. Can you imagine him being a Gennai-type of character that makes the kids say "Nani!?" everytime he explains something?

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Phew, a lot went on in that episode. So many Digimon made appearances it was hard to count but special mention goes to my old favourite Deckerdramon who ate a bunch of Xros Wars Cyberdramon.

I said it before but this definitely feels like the Sephirothmon portion of Frontier where the kids get split up and go through the next stage of character development as they fight on their own. The ghost of WarGreymon future appearing once again solidifies my belief in that - presumably the Megas will be achieved very soon.

Hikari deciding to go with SkullKnightmon was interesting. Considering Takeru was called by Angemon, wouldn't it be an interesting subversion of expectations if Millenniummon was the one to call Hikari and not Tailmon? I'm very interested to see how this plotline unfolds...

DragonicEmperor

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder what made them decide to go for the Xros Wars Cyberdramon instead of the regular one. We already use nothing else than a bunch of Xros War Digimon. Did we really need another one. (Not to mention one that looks worse than the original one.)

Again, empty. I love Digimon but what is that series supposed to be? I feel like there is no character development AT ALL and we are supposedly midway through the series right? I know it's unfair to compare with the OG but it's inevitable. I was rewatching LEK the other day and the moment where Omegamon is forming and then disolve because of the separation starting to happen. It's epic. It makes you care. What am I supposed to care about in this show? We all beat down Tri. but even that one... they tried and tried to save Meikoomon and then they all had to kill her to save her. That scene where Omegamon MM has to strike her down hit right in the feels. Or Wizarmon sacrificing himself to save Hikari and Tailmon?
I think about all these moments and in 28 epis, I dont believe we got any of that here. I know and I'll admit that I'm being negative right now and I'm sorry. I wont leave this show, ever but it's just Sunday's entertainment at this point. Nothing more. Of course all this IMHO.
It gets even worse when you look at the other shows as well.

Around this point in the other shows up until this point, we've had:

Adventures: They are about to chase Vamdemon to Tokyo
02: Daisuke and Ken achieved Jogress.
Tamers: The group is already in the Digital World
Frontier: Kouji learned that Duskmon weirdly enough looks like him.
Savers: DATS HQ went boom
Xros Wars: Shoutman X4S
Appmon: Yuujin had just joined the Applidrivers.

Meanwhile, realistically, what have we really achieved here? Pretty much nothing except beating enemies.

Momentai

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That scene of Deckerdramon eating all those Cyberdramon felt really awkward. It could make sense, given that Angemon is clearly stronger than other perfect Digimon, but he is still the Holy Digimon. Why did they make Deckerdramon an Adult on purpose, then?

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think they're showing us WarGreymon because that evolution doesn't mean much in this universe. We know that it isn't the final evolution of Greymon (there is still Omegamon, and most likely something even stronger like BlitzGreymon), so the authors don't really want to surprise us with WarGreymon.

About DarkMaildramon, I kinda think that at some point SkullKnightmon or DarkKnightmon might jogress with DarkMaildramon into something interesting.

I see they're portraying Hikari as a weird and odd child again. Poor Hikari, she can't escape her fate...

MFbM

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What really irks me about their separation is that they're barely together. In the original series, they started out as strangers to each other but get whisked from the real world and had to go together in the strange land they were in. And in times of their "adventure" (more worthy of the title, TBH) in many episodes, they may gain trust and friendship along the way, and when they're seperated, we cared and hoped that they finally be together again.

In the new series however, they are strangers to each other, met one by one, and when they're finally together, they split up the next episode so no real "bonding" between some of them. When they finally together again, briefly
, they're seperated again. Met again, seperated again, the recycling of this plot is getting more ridiculous.

Ricardolindo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just like the previous one, this episode felt strange. I must admit I don't like them being separated yet again. The battles between Angemon and SkullKnightmon and between MetalGreymon and Vulcdramon were cool, though. The way SkullKnightmon kidnapped Hikari was pretty strange, just like the episode, as a whole.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode gave me some ideas on Angemon.

About Hikari going "willing" with SkullKnightmon, besides not having much way of escaping, I think it was more an intuition(or Angewomon whispering in her ear) that she would get closer to her destined partner by letting things happen.

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Liked the short fight between Angemon and Amped DarkKnightmon. Angemon looked so awesome. Heaven's knucle was so good. Also, the episode splits into parts and seems more balanced. I want to learn more and I think the children will develop more. They will come together to face a bigger threat after some episodes and I beleive Angewomo will paly a role.

This episode gave me some ideas on Angemon.

About Hikari going "willing" with SkullKnightmon, besides not having much way of escaping, I think it was more an intuition(or Angewomon whispering in her ear) that she would get closer to her destined partner by letting things happen.
Like that being a Holy Digimon makes Angemon more special. Also, Dark Maildramon could be Tailmon guys.

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn’t know Volcdramon can use a fire shield.

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like Golemon wasnt after Mimi and Palmon so much as following them out of curiosity. IDK just kinda the vibes the golemon gave off. And im hoping nanimon ends up being friendly and is just testing Joe in some weird way to see if he is like "Manly enough" or something

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think that DarkMaildramon is Hikari's Tailmon. Tailmon is meant to be a Holy Digimon. I don't think that Milenniumon (or the one that's currently in charge) would downgrade a Holy Digimon to be a mount of a sidekick character...

perorimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think that DarkMaildramon is Hikari's Tailmon. Tailmon is meant to be a Holy Digimon. I don't think that Milenniumon (or the one that's currently in charge) would downgrade a Holy Digimon to be a mount of a sidekick character...
He maybe wouldn't, but the writers sure would xD
It remains to be seen.

perorimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's the art of Taichi in front of Blitz Greymon and Yamato in front of Cres Garurumon, can't remember whether it's the box art or something.

Blitzgreymon thing sounds like a reasonable theory. He kinda looks like Wargreymon absorbed Chaosdramon powers.
At least to me.
Cresgarurumons armor blades kinda remind me of the Weregarurumon's wings.