Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Digitama

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This ending has adorable visuals.
And the episode has some decent teamwork for the group and nice interaction.
Looking forward to the next.

I wonder what's DarkKnightmon thinks about and how MoonMillenniummon would appear.

Ricardolindo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this episode was good, albeit weird. The dialogue at the start was interesting. I wonder what happened to Leomon and the others. Did they die or were they just teleported elsewhere? The Tortomon trying to eat the characters and then, ironically, being, themselves, eaten by Groundramon was dark. The fight against Groundramon was cool. It was nice to see the others saving Ikkakumon from being eaten. Taichi and MetalGreymon were brave in opening Groundramon's mouth so he could be defeated. Seeing AxeKnigthmon show up at the end and Patamon evolving to fight him was nice.

Momentai

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm disappointed to see Patamon evolving without any suspense, but whatever... I still think that the characters of this reboot lack of personality, but maybe it's just me. Glad to see a menacing Groundramon in action, anyway.

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice episode! Lemon and co will obsviously be back. I didn't expect Groundramon to be so powerful! It did take a good buch of teamwork so as to stop it. I was surprised and feared what will happen with Togemon and Ikkakumon.

Also DarkKnightmon was unexpected! Patamon was already Angemon and had his memories so what suspense would have by evolving? I think it was good that Angemon came and was the last one/hope that could stand against DarkKnightmon. Loved so much that Angemon is ready for battle!! Liked the visuals too.

Eitaroutarouman

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Question: are real world maps typically weird in Digimon, or should we be concerned that Brazil has seemingly been wiped off the map.

DragonicEmperor

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Patamon evolves into Angemon. Okay. But what was the point of the de-evolution then if it was only for 2 episodes.

Leomon appears and then disappears. Again. For fuck's sake.

Digimon can now evolve on their own. Huh.

I appreciate Groundramon though. Always thought it was a cool mon. Never thought it was that big though. Seeing how it ate those poor Tortomon was pretty gruesome. Now, since it 'died', like Devimon before, I expect it's data to be revived through Milleniummon shenanigans and evolve into Breakdramon. (Which is kinda fitting? I believe Milleniummon was created out of a dead (Or was it on the verge of dying?) Mugendramon and Chimaeramon so it's power being able to do grant the same ability to others is pretty cool.)

Since we also saw Blue Coredramon before, perhaps we'll see Wingdramon and Slayerdramon too? I'd think that'd be dope Slayerdramon is in my top 5 favourite Digimon. If they go Examon it be even crazier considering the sheer size and power of that thing. (Which at the same time, I don't want them to do since these kids together can take down anything no matter how big and strong without too much trouble. I wouldn't want Examon to meet the same destiny.)

I must say that I do like the Shadow Wing attack effect. Looks really cool. The Agumon and Hikari introduction was pretty cute too. It's been a long time since I've seen Agumon actually converse like a sentient being on something without just following Taichi's lead or food being involved.

Also, what I find funny is that, despite the Digital World being survival of the fittest like Tamers, in Tamers it was made evident that it's not just pure data absorption (And therefore energy storage) that causes you to evolve like we saw with Renamon to Kyuubimon. (Even Impmon needed to essentially sell his soul on top of it.) I'm not sure if it means anything but I think it's a neat difference.

Big bonus points to the Alterous Mode gun being used in a clever way. Was cool to see.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't understand why some people think Angemon needed to be crippled for a longer period of time. His Baby forms still had enough power to be relavant for the kids, intentionally (preventing Agumon from fully dark evolving) or not (castle exploding holy birth). So his downgrade was not as severe as in original Adventure, where it was even a bit exaggerated, imo*. Here he has more experience and power, it would be really weird for him to not evolve in this sittuation.

I think the main point of keepig him out of Angemon form was to delay the plot explanation until Tailmon and Hikari are partnered.

*He was already back to Patamon in Vamdemon's castle, why he didn't evolve to help fight the Devidramon and co. attack is beyond me.

zerorynga

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was a fun episode to watch, like the portrayal of survival of the fittest aspect of Digimon, the team-up once again.

However, it was preposterous at some point, more so than ever, and unlike most, this time it's not something that one can come up with excuses.

How Leomon and crews became "lightning rods"? What kind of sorcery is this?
And good grief, black lightning brought about black whirlpool, what a bad way to get rid of Leomon and crews. And poor Eldoradimon.
No dramatic parting scene, so I bet they survive this and will come back to surprise us again "by riding their evolution form".

And they actually evolved to Perfect-level when confronting a Perfect-level in this episode, well done with that, they came back to their senses, unlike the previous episode, Greymon and Taichi "chose" to be trampled by the Perfect-level WaruSeadramon, MegaSeadramon, no matter how struggling they were, they just didn't evolve to Perfect-level.

And while Groundramon taking barrage of attacks into its mouth, it's implausible to see MetalGreymon Alteros Mode and Taichi got unscathed for being so close to Groundramon.

As it goes, this reboot, the only merit is, the animation improvement, the fighting scenes, albeit the deliberate yet it's getting illogical, "reckless" human partner involvement.
The inconsistency, the rushed yet irregular pacing, and lack of proper explanation of things are starting to get out of hand.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, at least almost everyone is here. Though the Leomon group are gone for now. And hey, Grounddramon. Cool. Plus we got Angemon. So that's one thing good.

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I guess I could call this a reasonably average episode, in that nothing outright bad happened. Though I can't honestly say I found anything outstandingly good either.

The beginning was presumably meant as a much needed bit of downtime to allow the kids a chance to catch up with each other, but ends up being more of a fairly bland and awkward formality.
Hikari's introduction to the rest of the group is about as ho-hum as her reaction to everything in general. In fact I'm actually more surprised Taichi was surprised she didn't freak out at meeting the Partner Digimon, since that's not exactly been a unique case.
This moment also serves as an excuse for Koushiro to give everyone a free upgrade, which he presumably knocked together during one of those split seconds something wasn't going on.

The plot then decides it currently has no use for Leomon and his 'army', and so conjures up some black lightning that is attracted to clenched fists in order to split them up before they reach the new continent. Where as expected there is yet another powerful/mindless Digimon waiting to provide an obligatory big fight, that this time requires more then two Perfects to handle.
Naturally Taichi is the one to finally come up with the solution (possibly inspired by his trip through Donedevimon) as well as insisting to be right in the thick of it. As he and Metalgreymon successfully avoid a barrage of attacks fired down Groundramon's throat. It's passed the point of ludicrousness, but it's also passed the point where we expect no less from him. This show likes to remind us whenever possible just how amazing, fearless and clever Taichi is.

Darknightmon finally pops in to prevent this episode from being totally written off as glorified filler, by exploiting the often underutilized strategy of waiting until the protagonists have blown their fight budget on someone else.
But never fear, Holy-ex-machina is here! As it turns out Patamon could have evolved at any point to help, but they needed something for the cliff-hanger.
Angemon returns, in a manner where the intended epicenes gets cancelled out significantly by it's borderline comical abruptness.