Digimon Adventure: Episode 26- Break Through the Sea Monster Barricade

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the episode discussion thread for Episode 26, Break Through the Sea Monster Barricade

An extended version of the episode preview from the end of episode 25.

Episode 26 airs Sunday, November 29th, 9am in Japan.

The simulcast for Crunchyroll is shortly after at:
Saturday, November 28th, 6:30pm in California (Pacific)
Saturday, November 28th, 9:30pm in New York (Eastern)
Sunday, November 29th, 2:30am in the UK

If your time isn't included in the short list above this link will take you to an easy to use time converter so you check yours.

The show can be watched on the following:
(Most countries) Crunchyroll Series Page
(US only) VRV Series Page
(AU only) Anime Lab Series Page
(US only) Hulu Series Page

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before the episode is commonly available for most people at the simulcast times listed above (if you are posting about the episode trending on social media in Japan, feel free to post about that.) You can discuss any next episode previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the episode.

Attachments

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was... a bit slower? Not as slowed down as they really need for an episode or two, but it felt like it had some degree of balance of characters 'talking' and doing things that's been severely missed.

Mimi and Jou got another few bits of interesting material in the real world.

Interesting to see that a knowledgeable Digimon like Leomon was unaware that everything was up on the clouds, suggesting a slightly larger and more unknown digital world.

The battles in this episode were mostly just OK, although they felt more balanced than many of the 'less important battle episodes' have been, and the other 4 appearing near the end was done in a way that I liked.

The Zurumon just rushing off (like the unseen Algomon apparently did?) feels like it needs follow up.

Hikari being in the digital world without any clarity regarding Tailmon is an interesting way to go (as was using Patamon as the 'knows stuff' character.)

It feels like if the last episode had been compressed into 5 minutes and shoved as the first 5 minutes of this episode it would have worked, rather than having the last episode just floating around not doing much of anything.

Brubarb

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am so glad the other kids got to do something and are back in the digital world! Finally!

I also enjoyed that they kind of paced it better. I'd like to see more story telling instead of battle after battle.

Eitaroutarouman

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, that was a disappointing resolution to the Izzy and co are stuck in the real world plot. Just ask and God will send you back. Though, going through the net again would take forever since they'd have to fly through Cloud Continent all over again. But hey, The Tai and Matt Show featuring TK is over!...for now.

Brubarb

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, that was a disappointing resolution to the Izzy and co are stuck in the real world plot. Just ask and God will send you back. Though, going through the net again would take forever since they'd have to fly through Cloud Continent all over again. But hey, The Tai and Matt Show featuring TK is over!...for now.
I feel like one could have predicted Hikari as plot device to return to the digital world though. Her holy digimon got them there, because holy digimon are apparently hax.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, when the Zurumon mass disapeared, I immediately thought they would pull an Armageddemon. Considering there's also a mass of Algomon unaccounted for, maybe we will get some new Super Ultimates?

Digitama

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm glad they met each other again to see more interaction between them.
I liked when they showed themselves and Taichi's reaction to Hikari.

This might make more to come.

HawkG

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We've made a full transition into the next arc. They really botched the B plot with the boats. This show is too afraid to just leave some characters alone and comeplely focus on one thing at a time. It worked when they were split up because all they had to show was the other team moving forward while one got a real plot thread. They should have just shown Koushiro and the others meeting up during the Devimon stuff and shoved their boat, dark energy transfer plot into the last two or three episodes.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't agree with this sentiment. While I think it could've been better, having the real world plot concurrent to the digital world one helps solidify that the evil plot is aimed at the real world, putting more stakes for the children.

HawkG

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't agree with this sentiment. While I think it could've been better, having the real world plot concurrent to the digital world one helps solidify that the evil plot is aimed at the real world, putting more stakes for the children.
But they don't need to bee fully synced up. I said last two to three episodes so the fight with Devimon could get more time to breath. The whole engergy thing still happens but they notice the boats going out of control because of the fight and it's still a problem when it's over. That way even if they get robbed of their first victory, we aren't spending an extra episode wondering what happened and we can get right to SOS linking in the one after.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait hold up. Isn't EIDoradimon a "land tortoise" digimon? How could he swim like that with all castle bricks?!

Why isn't EIDoradimon doing anything to shake off all swarms of Seadramons? Not even Peckmon squad doing all attacks but just floating in lousy animation with no flapping wings?!

It's rare to see recolor digimon working together with the original version digimon.... Well poor Ebidramon RIP

Wasn't Greymon suffered that nasty stomach wound but Agumon claimed he is still hungry............... Palmon had it worst nearly died yet this... Ugh seriously.

Good to see the group reunited! Look like we will stick with terrible animation for all episodes :/

Lilimonblooms

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode was good, finally the others get to save the day and not taichi.
The show restored some balance, garudamon was surprising at the end.
Lillymon was so cute in this episode.
Just sad that they're not getting mode changes too!

Naal

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, this episode confirms that Taichi is some kind of a superhuman. Look at him breathing underwater, lol.

The fight was mostly... just barely passable (?). Leomon was attacking a WaruSeadramon that Greymon and Garurumon was biting like it won't hurt them (and of course it didn't). Greymon defeating them underwater was really weird, considering he just grabbed someSeadramon and it started to hurt the other. And we got the same footages used three times (or more?).

Hikari's appearance was better than I thought it would be. And the side team was also brought with her, nice! The battle with Zurumon was left open for now, which might be addressed in the near future (perhaps?).

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm curious, what's the name of the continent. I hope it's not WWW or Server.
Drive Continent?

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Glad the gang is all together now. Protect Mimi at all costs, she is the star of the show. And Lilymon has swag now, i love it.

Its clear we won't get a break from the fighting, so now I'm just hoping for another exposition dump episode. Maybe Eldoradimon is taking them to another ancient ruin where we can hear 90's Yamato and Mimi speak again.

Do we get the new opening and ending next week?

Eitaroutarouman

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Glad the gang is all together now. Protect Mimi at all costs, she is the star of the show. And Lilymon has swag now, i love it.

Its clear we won't get a break from the fighting, so now I'm just hoping for another exposition dump episode. Maybe Eldoradimon is taking them to another ancient ruin where we can hear 90's Yamato and Mimi speak again.

Do we get the new opening and ending next week?
Next ep. And it's only the ending.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good episode. The B-Plot wasn't just a distraction since the Zurumon will seemingly tie into the next adventure. Leomon and the gang got to help out this time after being absent for the Devimon fight. Not only have the A and b teams reunited, but Hikari came along to boot.

Can't wait to see where this story goes next. :)

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For a filler the episode was okay. Seadramon is about to eat Takeru, and Taichi is worried about Patamon. Takeru's life doesn't matter. Not to mention Taichi can breathe underwater... For a second I thought that the two Seadramons will DNA Digivolve into Ouroborosmon. Not to mention that KouMimi fans can go wild now!

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well at least I liked it better than the previous episode. The ending was the best part, finally they're all together.