Digimon Adventure: Episode 25- Dive to the Next Ocean

Ricardolindo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was a nice filler episode to watch after the previous eventful episodes. The dispute between the US and Iran was a nice reference to real life events. Group A were very nice in helping ElDoradimon despite the danger. The Mamemon were funny opponents with a dark but humorous end. It's good to see Hikari joining Group B. I don't think it will take too long for them to find out she's a Digidestined, too.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm kind of a fan of the relentless pace, but I can see how that would be tiresome for some. Honestly I liked this episode just because of the very simple goal of "save Eldoradimon". It was nice to have an episode that didn't have world-ending stakes or super evil/powerful villains, just combatting some forces of nature.

The B team really needs to stop just sitting and staring at a computer though... or like, save those bits for a whole episode because this was just a waste.

Alexesx3

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This would have been the perfect episode to bring the B Team more in focus.
I mean... Agumon and Gabumon are KO!
Here's the chance to bring Patamon or the B Team in action, but no. We get Greymon and Garurumon... again.
I'm really disappointed which direction this reboot takes.

What I loved in the original were moments you could laugh because the side character digimon were so silly. Or other digimon had their shining moment. The action part in the reboot is good but there is no soul. Each conflict is similar and you have no motivation to watch it again.
I'm tired of Greymons and Garurumons evolution scene. I want something new.
Let's see how they introduce Gatomon. Angemon was sadly a disappointment.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The most I can say about this is that there was a metric bleep-ton of two Mamemon and Zurumon. Which of course has different measurements due to size. But hey, it was a nice episode to bridge arcs with.

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"My Brain can't keep up!"

For once, Taichi and I are of the same mind.

-----

After what almost feels like a never ending cycle of life or death fights against impossible odds, we at last reach what could be considered a breather, if a somewhat reluctant one. As if the writers were almost worried that unless something major wasn't happening, the audience would rapidly loose interest. So they quickly scraped together this rather silly scenario, which the more snarkier of us might possibly use to allude to the direction the quality of this series has taken. >_>

Going from what I've managed to gather, the entire Cloud Continent has suddenly decided to fall apart after Donedevimon's (rather unsatisfying) defeat. So would that mean that every Digimon who was living on the 'cloudmass' up to that point is now also plummeting to a watery death? Speaking of which, what about that ocean they crossed to get here? Has an entire layer of the Digital World seemingly just ceased to exist?
All this and more will most likely never be answered.

The Eldoradimon abuse takes an unexpected turn as some Mamemon who just happened to be passing by, decide to use him to commit mass suicide. Leomon and his ever smiling Spademon show up to remind us they exist. Gabumon and Agumon suddenly decide they are no longer shagged out in order to fill in the time with another double evolution sequence.
Things are finally sorted thanks to some Bigmamemon politely standing around so that they can be blasted off Eldoradimon (akin to one of those fairground shooting galleries), bounce off the water below, stick onto his belly, thereby cushioning the fall…Sure why not...

Meanwhile, Koushiro and rest of the extras continue to sit around starring at a computer screen. A routine that is only broken by Hikari suddenly turning up to spend the remainder of the episode starring at them starring at a computer screen.

In terms of structure, this reminds me a lot of one of those old DBZ padders. Where they take about two or three panels from the Manga, and manage to stretch an entire twenty minutes out of it.
Everything that was going on with Taichi and Agumon last time is (predictably) glossed over in brisk fashion by Yamato, having made a speedy recovery from just having every bone in body broken by Donedevimon. Leaving it up in the air *COUGH!* about whether or not that particular event will ever be addressed again in a future episode. Then again, by this point you kinda know they won't risk having Taichi receive any meaningful character development. :p