Digimon Adventure: Episode 25- Dive to the Next Ocean

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the episode discussion thread for Episode 25, Dive to the Next Ocean

An extended version of the episode preview from the end of episode 24.

Episode 25 airs Sunday, November 22nd, 9am in Japan.

The simulcast for Crunchyroll is shortly after at:
Saturday, November 21st, 6:30pm in California (Pacific)
Saturday, November 21st, 9:30pm in New York (Eastern)
Sunday, November 22nd, 2:30am in the UK

If your time isn't included in the short list above this link will take you to an easy to use time converter so you check yours.

The show can be watched on the following:
(Most countries) Crunchyroll Series Page
(US only) VRV Series Page
(AU only) Anime Lab Series Page
(US only) Hulu Series Page

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before the episode is commonly available for most people at the simulcast times listed above (if you are posting about the episode trending on social media in Japan, feel free to post about that.) You can discuss any next episode previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the episode.

Attachments

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So that one was... interesting.

It felt like for the first half they tried to do something akin to slowing it down, but it was happening as everyone was falling to their doom, which is a bit of a weird thing. Although I did appreciate the almost Looney Tunes-esque 'so what exactly is going on here?' as they realize they are falling.

The B team had a bit more to do, which was nice, even if it was effectively the same plot as it has been (although to be honest, might just be forgetting it, I don't actually recall them beating all the Algomon last week, so the Zurumon having the same role felt very odd and more than a little played out (even if they did beat the Algomon, it would still apply.)

Mamemon & BigMamemon just being wave after wave of guys was fun (the Mamemon just constantly smiling and exploding was amusing enough.)

Just the tiny bit of 'kind of relaxing' we saw earlier in the episode shows how much having it more would benefit the show. Characters talked to eachother, we got to hear interactions and have some information given to us.

It really should have been the whole episode though... preferably without the falling to their death. The longer the show goes, the more it desperately needs stuff to 'stop'.

Nice of Hikari to stand around & watch quietly while she waits for her turn to do something...

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow they actually acted like human beings in this episode.
I was gonna say that they shouldn't be able to walk on Eldoradimon, then I remembered elevators are a thing and also that any kind of air pressure that would blow them away from all the falling won't reach them because they're on Eldoradimon's massive body.
Hikari is finally getting put in.
Actual political consequences of the events that are being caused by these Digimon cyberattacks on the Real World, outside of Tamers and Savers no other season really went too into the fact that there would be some kind of government response.
Did they change writers? Because I definitely felt like it was good episode in terms of the narrative for once.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know what to comment seeing the super tired Agumon and Gabumon back in action helping Leomon...
Like, cmon, give the job to Spadamon and Falcomon or even Peckmon.

The interesting part: Zurumon's cubes

Last edited:

Brubarb

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow they actually acted like human beings in this episode.
I was gonna say that they shouldn't be able to walk on Eldoradimon, then I remembered elevators are a thing and also that any kind of air pressure that would blow them away from all the falling won't reach them because they're on Eldoradimon's massive body.
Hikari is finally getting put in.
Actual political consequences of the events that are being caused by these Digimon cyberattacks on the Real World, outside of Tamers and Savers no other season really went too into the fact that there would be some kind of government response.
Did they change writers? Because I definitely felt like it was good episode in terms of the narrative for once.
Agreed!

I don't know what to comment seeing the super tired Agumon and Gabumon back in action helping Leomon...
Like, cmon, give the job to Spadamon and Falcomon or even Peckmon.

The interesting part: Zurumon's cubes
Peckmon definitely could have easily thrown kunai at the big mamemon

Digitama

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode was enjoyable.
I liked the screen time balance between A team and B team, the only thing I wish we would see a B team do a lot of things is not just sitting in front of the laptop as it happens with them now.

I really liked Hikari's sudden appearance, it was as if she knew what was going on, and I hope to see more movement with the B team after Hikari joined.

Mamemon is very cute and i liked the action between him and BigMamemon and it was a very amusing fight with Taichi and the others in the air and trying to help Eldoradimon from the fall.

Overall an enjoyable episode.

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I did not enjoy watching BigMamemon pop like that.

This was a fun and goofy episode with some fun visuals for the A team, and some good screen time for the B team. While I’d love to see the gang all together again, I’ve enjoyed getting to know the other Digimon characters (mainly Leomon, but his group is cool in general) and the villainous DarkKnightmon and Devimon (until he turned savage, but I feel like that bit of development will be crucial to the later parts of the series

El Doradimon feels like he’ll become important in the long run. Patamon can communicate with him, he’s an ancient Digimon that’s been around for a long time, and the writers haven’t killed him yet. They also explicitly mention that he’s very strong at full strength. Maybe he’ll become Leomon’s group’s base.

The Zurumon cubes were interesting? I’m not sure how they’re related to the rest of the “Boat Plot,” but I hope it’ll all come together in the end. The obelisk powering Devimon was a nice example of linking things together, and I hope something else like that happens too.

We all knew the individual Mamemon wouldn’t be treated like threats, but I found their hive mentality (and suicidal traits) fun to watch in this episode.

HawkG

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I do find it pretty funny that the falling action from the last episode's climax has our protagonists plummeting to the ocean the whole time. The plot taking its time to catch up with itself was very appreciated and character's reflection on past evens is welcomed. In short, fun episode, I enjoyed it.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The whole episode is 90% of seeing that ELdoradimon falling.........

I think watching BigMamemon swarms being squished to death in digital gory is pretty traumatic between falling ELdoradimon and strong water resistance... Wow quite bold.

Still average animation. How did Peckmon able to survive that explosion from this random Mamemon?

Honestly I disliked this when they treated all Mamemon swarms as floating mines instead of using punch rockets to launch and explode.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder when Patamon say that ElDoradimon being an ancient Digimon will lead into something more, like the Ten Warriors coming or have Dracomon or Dorumon and Ryudamon enter the picture.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
this should have been the exact opposite of what it was with the episode focusing on Izzy, Mimi, Joe, and Sora with Tai and Matt being the b plot. I'm tired of getting the same exact b plot, what was it, 3 or 4 episodes in a row? And all times we have villains with no backstory, or narrative? Nah let's just introduce Hikari with no explanation why a little girl is just walking around alone and then have her do absolutely nothing. And let's have Spadamon also be there with, stop me if you've heard this before for Adventure:, no personality or dialogue.
I'm not a fan of this episode

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder when Patamon say that ElDoradimon being an ancient Digimon will lead into something more, like the Ten Warriors coming or have Dracomon or Dorumon and Ryudamon enter the picture.
Actually the thing that came into my mind when Patamon mentioned him is the backstory of this series. We can say Patamon is the reborn holy digimon who fought in the ancient war. Let say, Eldoradimon existed since then. Not becoming a digitama for once in that time period. He's probably one of the living witness of what happened long time ago.

Naal

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Overall, I think this is (to some extent) the kind of episode Adventure: needed: a filler. This was quite nice to watch. The fight with Mamemon and BigMamemon was nice. Though I still don't get how they reach a floating continent by sea (maybe the land they were before is also floating?).

I liked that easter egg with the airforce sending area codes (Tango, Oscar, Echo, India, Zero, Eight -> TOEI ZE!). And to bring some political issues there...

Koushiro's team was getting more screentime, which is nice. Though I agree that introducing practically the same problem is really redundant.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It took a third of the series runtime to get a breather episode, cripes.

Ironically, if you could somehow duct tape this series to the old one you’d end up with a perfectly paced shonen anime.

Snorki McBolderbast

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought I would say something positive about this series for once. When the group is falling, Taichi's goggles start to fly off his head. However, he catches them and instead keeps them around his neck for a while. It's a small moment, and it wasn't necessary at all, but I enjoyed that little detail.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Considering this week's episode of Pokémon as well, this episode was likely meant to be the start of the Winter Season had Covid not screwed up the schedule. But whatever the case, it was nice to have a "breather" episode after the gigantic climax of DoneDevimon. Nice to see the Leomon crew reunite with the heroes, hopefully that'll last for a while. I did chuckle at the whole Mamemon situation (sadly no MetalMamemon) and seeing them pop like balloons at the end was darkly humorous. Interesting that Hikari is with the B-Team again, wonder if that'll play into anything...

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"We have no time for a break." says Yamato. Even the characters are complaining! xD

In the jets scene they mention area "Tango, Oscar, Echo, India, Zero, Eight", so Toei 08? What is the 08 about? (i'm assuming its not ZE). I know its not important, just curious.

Glad to know Taichi and Agumon are confused about what happened last episode. And Patamon being used for exposition is refreshing. At least Tentomon gets a break.

dgmn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Quite reminiscent of the '99 version of Adventure this episode. A lot more happened to set up the premise for new trouble on the horizon.

Also, that theory of mine concerning this new Digital world being a layered world similar to what Tamers had turned out to be true. I wonder if they'll explain or show us a map of how it all looks like.

Seems like Cloud was like a looking tower for Angelic digimon before Devimon, and miasma source corrupted it. But to think that an entire world existed that was a tiny fraction of the world below is a amazing plot twist.

Maybe they'll even head over to the Dark Area by the end of it even more bellow this world they landed in.

Now only if in this new layer digimon they encounter are far tougher than the ones on Cloud continent.

AngelOmega

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
More like filler episode or better like I said previous week a more slower episode, like an episode that starts a second season of a show. We learn more about Eldoradimon through Patamon which is nice. Can notw wait to learn more from Patamon and for him to turn Angemon.

My only complain would be that the B team needs to do something different and get back to the Digital World.