Digimon Adventure: Episode 24- The Final Stage, DoneDevimon

Jscarlos18

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With the appearence of DanDevimon now we have a direct Devimon family evolution line from Child to Ultimate without going to Vamdemon or Deathmon so that's a plus. I imagine when they post his official Reference Book entry they will edit the Ultimate mistery spot for the Nightmare Soldiers in the Pendulum Z.

Otherwise, nice to see confirmed Mugendramon as Agumon Dark Evolution, with WarG defeating Devimon as opposed to the writters using Omegamon again.

I'm little annoyed that the rest of the cast is being side-lined more each episode (Please Toei don't make the Ultimate stage an Tai and Yamato exclusive like the original series...).

Naal

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mugendramon and Angemon's "shadow"...yep totally called it.

Haven't got any expectation to the fight, but DoneDevimon made a pretty nice villain. Even though I prefer it to not be a mindless villain, DoneDevimon won't work the other way. Other than that, the kids still do ridiculous things in the fight.

Takeru haven't got any development and still stick with his usual speech-pattern (Onii-chan! Taichi-san! and repeat). Tokomon, on the other hand, got a few lines that's for me a little weird coming out from him. Also Tokomon said that DoneDevimon is the evolution Devimon is aiming for. What happened to "a new way of evolution" or whatever it is? On that subject, Patamon > Tokomon evolution scene was really cute.

Good to see Agumon and Gabumon again. It felt like it's been a while since we saw him. Also Spirit WarGreymon is nice, I quite like it.

The real world team is not worth to be mentioned for how insignificant their appearance in the episode was.

Overall as the end of the arc, this felt like just another episode of the show, nothing too special about it.

Dynamicmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We kinda sorta but not really got megas for the main cast, but like the Omnimon appearances, it's more of a miracle play.
either way, that holy power is wholly powerful~

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode's an interesting one. A lot of good things happen in it, but I feel as a whole something was missing that kept it from greatness.

DoneDevimon ended up being a good fight, despite being basically a mindless beast, he was still threatening to the kids and his design, movements, and laughter make him very creepy. It was fun to watch him throughout the entire episode. The Mugendramon dark evolution was also interesting in itself, usually the Dark Evolutions are done via the human partner, but this time the one causing it was the Digimon raging at the loss of his partner. It was a slightly different twist on the concept, but it was interesting nonetheless and for the time Mugendramon was on screen you did get the sense of how wrong that evolution felt. Wargreymon's appearance also ties into that, to release himself from his rage he (via Angemon's help) had to tap into the desire to rescue and see his partner again and that gave him the ability to purge himself of his anger and release his inner power. It does lead to another cameo appearance like Omegamon so it's a bit redundant in how it's used, but at least here it was given more emotional weight unlike the Nidhoggmon fight.

However, I feel the issue I have is that as an arc villain Devimon's defeat didn't quite have the weight I was hoping for. He's offed similarly to the other Digimon we've been seeing despite being the mastermind behind all of them up until now, and that makes the build-up he's had feel somewhat wasted. I feel he should've gotten at least one or two more episodes of focus before they offed him here, especially if that 'old friend' line meant something.

In short, it's a great episode in a vacuum, but only a good one when taking the story as a whole up until now.

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
WereGarurumon back at it again with another use of Sagittarius Mode; making platforms to jump onto, even though he can already fly :D

When Mugendramon cracked I thought it was a perfect time to transition into BlitzGreymon because it was glowing red, but eh it's just WarGreymon.

Tokomon's Sailor Moon transformation for the win! That butt wiggles!

Overall the best episode yet, the fight scene was very epic.

Lilimonblooms

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lastly, *sigh* I won't bother typing about this again because clearly, the show does not care about these characters at all that I really question why they are there other than fan-service? actually, what is the point of Sora, Koshiro, Mimi, and Jou in the show they got sidelined in the FIRST ARC even Frontier didn't treat their supporting cast this badly. If they were such a burden on these writers they could have just written the show with the 2 sets of siblings which they clearly revolved the whole show around. The preview is showcasing that we are gonna go to a different part of the digital world -beginning of a new arc- which would have been the perfect point to bring the rest of the cast back but no of course keep them in the park fighting baby Algomon for probably 5-10 more episodes and just bring them back for the last arc. disappointed but not surprised.
This 👆👆👆👆👆👆
It's getting too much really!!!
But I guess let's not judge quickly and see what will happen, maybe they will get a good role soon!
Also lilimon's flower cannon is getting weaker and weaker in each episode that passes.

DragonicEmperor

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*Sigh*

Where do I begin, really.

DoneDevimon's design is great but than he just acts like a massive unhinged clown and it's such a downgrade from Devimon. Devimon was charismatic, had a link to the Holy Digimon and actually felt threatening. This thing decided to throw all this out of the window . Design 10/10, the rest, don't even start.

Not to mention, he gets offed in literally 1 episode. Woohoo. If Vamdemon ever appears he'll be done for in 10 minutes at this rate.

On the subject of Holy Digimon. What the fuck is their power. They are just massive plot devices only at this point. And it's only going to get worse from this point onwards.

The Mugendramon/WarGreymon thing was neat but at the same time, it was really predictable. Everyone saw it coming like with literally everything else in this show. "How can we reskin as much from the original show while making slight changes?". This time, instead of doing Adult dark evolving into Perfect we get... wait for it... Perfect into Ultimate! For the same character no less! Brilliant!

The Agumon breaking free from the shell scene was great but... "Something irreplaceable to you". Sorry, are we meant to believe this? Not once was there ever a moment where this ever seemed to be a thing and suddenly this seems to work? Blergh.

Also there's no way Yamato would survive an attack like that from such range. What is this dude made of.

Looks like we don't even get a breather to let it sink in next episode and the rest of the cast being nowhere in sight other than 1 minute a episode to comment "Oh no, the real world is in even more trouble!"

There's some neat stuff and premises here and there but as usual it's the execution that just makes everything fall short. Reboot? More like Re: Booty.

Ricardolindo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this episode was dramatic and awesome. DoneDevimon was a sadistic opponent. The sequence of his torture of Yamato leading to Takeru going to confront him leading to Taichi getting angry and sending MetalGreymon in gut wrong path was very well done. Having the silhouette of Mugendramon whole not having him physically was intriguing. Takeru and Tokomon using Angemon's spirit to contact MetalGreymon and snap him out of his anger was nice. Then, having WarGreymon's silhouette kill of DoneDevimon was also nice. Tokomon evolving to Patamon was a happy conclusion to the episode.

arisniko1

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't wanna be a party pooper or anything but does anyone else feel that this series is just mindless action and little else? The comparisons between this and the OG is, I believe, are inevitable with us the big "kids" and I feel that there is no content in this. Where is the character development? I dont feel like there is one. Even with the evolutions. They feel like it's a Deus Ex Machina thing. We see the crest symbols but no meaning yet. In the OG, char dev WAS crest activation. I mean... I still get goosebumps when Takeru, having lost his hope with all that had happened to Patamon, found it again in the 11th hour and made Angemon super-evolve... where is this kind of magic here?
Having said that, I still wait anxiously for every episode. But I find myself a bit empty when the epi is over.

Naal

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't wanna be a party pooper or anything but does anyone else feel that this series is just mindless action and little else? The comparisons between this and the OG is, I believe, are inevitable with us the big "kids" and I feel that there is no content in this. Where is the character development? I dont feel like there is one. Even with the evolutions. They feel like it's a Deus Ex Machina thing. We see the crest symbols but no meaning yet. In the OG, char dev WAS crest activation. I mean... I still get goosebumps when Takeru, having lost his hope with all that had happened to Patamon, found it again in the 11th hour and made Angemon super-evolve... where is this kind of magic here?
Having said that, I still wait anxiously for every episode. But I find myself a bit empty when the epi is over.
This series sure feels like it's focusing it's resource for the actions, not the plot, let alone the characters.
The crest symbols not being mentioned (and still no signs of being relevant whatsoever) despite we will soon reach halfway of the series got me thinking that it does not have any relevance with the kids' character. It's just there for a personal symbol. I think that the problem with us, "big kids", is that we're already too attached with the crest symbol and thought that it'll have the same meaning as the original one.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn, that was a good episode. DoneDevimon was so menacing despite its lack of intelligence, which the whole "only his powers Evolved" was an interesting way to play it. Taichi protecting Yamato from the Miasma was a total bro moment and his rage when Takeru was in danger was righteous. We finally got ghe Dark Evolution that was foreshadowed even if it was only a faux-Evolution taking the Aura of Machinedramon but it was still extremely badass and I got very emotional when Angemon went into Agumon's mind to calm him down which revealed a sneak preview of WarGreymon to finish off Devimon.

Can't wait to see where this series goes next! :love:

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Tokomon does have his memories. I wonder when we'll hear more about the past from him.

The animation on the second half of the episode was amazing. DoneDevimon was really creepy, and for the first time I felt like there was a threat to the main characters since even after "evolving" Mugendramon was still loosing.

Once again, the gang is saved by the power of light. I'm not sure what Patamon's role in the series will be if his level doesn't matter. We've seen him perform miracles in is baby form and baby II form and I'm sure that power works independent of level. We even get Angemon's spirit without an evolution. So I'm thinking we'll only get Patamon's evolutions when there is a need for Takeru to fight physical threats?

Having Takeru constantly repeat "Oni-chan" can be irritating, but if you saw your beloved brother repeatedly rush into life threatening situations, you'd probably call for him all the time too.

So, the B team... They are still having trouble after evolving, so that means that someting new needs to happen for them to overcome this situation. So, they either all get their upgrades at the same time, or maybe Angewomon saves the day?

Piers

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Celebrated Mugendramon's joyous appearance with doodle!!

The cause of Mugendramon seemed contradictive; I get the rage aspect of seeing Tai being eaten but Tai/MetalGreymon's red eyes kept implying moreso that it was an infection unrelated to emotion. I actually thought it was because Tai's literally in pure, unmitigated miasma of DoneDevimon's body that MetalGreymon had completely overloaded.

Great that they teased WarGreymon. This 2020 show is going to highlight how crap the introduction of Mega partners were in the original, namely Gennai WhatsApp'ing Izzy a Deus Ex Machina riddle. The hurried entrances of Ultimate forms does make more sense now in retrospect.

Having Takeru constantly repeat "Oni-chan" can be irritating, but if you saw your beloved brother repeatedly rush into life threatening situations, you'd probably call for him all the time too.
It's the honourable thing to rip on Saban's meddling in the dubs but that is one aspect that was directly improved.
TK's Skyrim dialogue is the same habit writers have with the "Are you okay?" question, though coincidentally that's another one that anime sticks to.

Last edited:

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The battle between Machinedramon and DoneDevimon feels like a callback to the battle between Megidramon and Beelzemon from Tamers.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like Donedevimon's design and attacks, very cool. But as an early villain I can't say I'm not disappointed. They were hyping him up a lot early on so I have a rather high expectation of him. But now seeing him killed off in couple of episode and realization that he is just another digimon consumed by madness really reminded me of what they did with Tri although everything else is far better.

Also they really need to start focusing on the other children otherwise this series is pretty much Taichi & Yamato's adventures...
If @MarcFBR doesn't get mad! I'd suggest you to check the full name once more.

Digimon Adventure: (OMEGAMON'S head)

So clearly it will focus on Taichi and Yamato even more than the original series. Not that I like this trend, I hate FRONTIERS simply because of the same reason.
But when Omegamon itself is practically a part of the name, I know what to expect from this series from the very start.

Mattman324

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, remember when Mugendramon was a last boss tier threat and wasn't just some chump who could show up, get maybe two good hits in at most, and then go down like he didn't matter, because in the end he didn't?

Remember when the original series had the token Dark Evolution be a massive, major event, whose effects were important and major for the literal rest of the arc and informed character actions and development for the rest of the arc, and was important enough that references to it in the form of the evolution sequences were being made as far away as the last episode, and also it showed this off by being massively destructive and not getting maybe two hits in and then having its arms rendered useless and its tail ripped off?

I haven't much liked Adventure: but goddamn at least before this episode it wasn't actively infuriating me.

AngelOmega

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Such a relly good liked the episode! What I liked was that the Dark Digivolution occured because of MetalGreymon's rage and sorrow. Digimon get Character Development this time and I like it a lot. Also, it was interesting that Tokomon seems to have his memories and as Angemon helped Agumon. Spirit like WarGraymon was something I didn't expect. While I eventually liked DanDevimon, I don't like that he is mindless like VenomVamdemon so I hope he returns in some way (purified or survived as Devimon) so as to learn more of his history with Angemon.

In the end again in some way Angemon was Devimon's undoing.

@Mattman324 Remember when Mugendramon was a last boss tier because he and the other Dark Masters (according to the Digimon Adventure novel) were taking power from Apocalymon? We are not in 1999! Mugendramon was one of the first Megas but today there are so many OP Digimon that can oneshot him.

Last edited:

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, remember when Mugendramon was a last boss tier threat and wasn't just some chump who could show up, get maybe two good hits in at most, and then go down like he didn't matter, because in the end he didn't?
Didn't WarGreymon slice him into pieces like the first time they got a chance to fight face-to-face?

Mattman324

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Didn't WarGreymon slice him into pieces like the first time they got a chance to fight face-to-face?
Which was already bad enough, but it's bearable because at least Wargreymon is designed to specifically screw with Dramons and that was the culmination of a long string of episodes, and Wargreymon used all of its energy up in that strike.

This, though, was just "let's show the new digimon is cool by having him beat up the old digimon."

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Which was already bad enough, but it's bearable because at least Wargreymon is designed to specifically screw with Dramons and that was the culmination of a long string of episodes, and Wargreymon used all of its energy up in that strike.
Sounds like you're moving the goalposts quite a bit from your previous post. Also they were in Mugendramon's section of Spiral Mountain for 2 episodes total, not "a long strong of episodes."

This, though, was just "let's show the new digimon is cool by having him beat up the old digimon."
So when WarGreymon does it in a few seconds, it's okay because he's "designed to specifically" do that, but when DoneDevimon does it it sucks and is bad writing?