Digimon Adventure: Episode 23- The Messenger of Darkness, Devimon

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Episode was ok. Was actually thinking Tokomon would say something to Devimon, but maybe his memories are gone. Like many others, I'm really interested in Devimon and Tokomon's relationship, but it looks like we will only see it through flasbacks at this rate.

I'm guessing they're still on top of ElDoradimon, but maybe all the rocks and castle debris are not part of his body.

At least they actually had character development to activate their crests. Here, it's just... "okay, let's do it!" *Magical glow* everything is all good and works in our favour.
Do you remember how many times they actually lost to Devimon bar Angemon's sacrifice, and how many times they lost to Etemon, Myotismon and the Dark Masters?
That's the thing. They always win. I'm enjoying Adventure: because the action, art and animation is good, but as some people have said before, it has no heart. I know we're only 23 episodes in and many things can still happen, but in 23 episodes there has been no defeat or obstacle they couldn't overcome in one episode or two. The gang is always separated (they are invincible alone, imagine in a group of 7), every episode is about fighting and the villains are not memorable.

But maybe the problem is us fans. Most of the 90's reboots/revivals have this problem. We are used to getting character development, silliness and a soundtrack that has a tune for any type of mood. I'll say it again, I'm really enjoying Adventure: but as much as I try, and I really do try, I can't help but comparing it with the original.

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watched the episode. It was nice to see them get slapped around a bit lol. If that crystal turns out not to be Milleni, it will make me a happy Vande. But i can't see it happening (it does vex me a lot about anything Milleni related). Glad to see the other kids being useful! Although next episode, oh boy I get Vamdemon vibes from DoneDevimon. Tokomon amused me with that roll. DarkKnightmon, wasn't fussed with him in Xros, not fussed with him here lol.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good episode. Devimon slapping the heroes around in Adult form by manipulating the Miasma was cool. It made him going NeoDevimon all the more threatening. The B-Team helping out was an emotional moment as was Takeru standing up for Taichi/Yamato. Really glad to see DarkKnightmon isn't done for yet, looks like he wasn't just some mindless fodder and serves whoever's in that Crystal. Even though it probably is Millenniummon as many have said, I kinda would prefer the Lucemon possibility to be honest.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watched the episode. It was nice to see them get slapped around a bit lol. If that crystal turns out not to be Milleni, it will make me a happy Vande. But i can't see it happening (it does vex me a lot about anything Milleni related). Glad to see the other kids being useful! Although next episode, oh boy I get Vamdemon vibes from DoneDevimon. Tokomon amused me with that roll. DarkKnightmon, wasn't fussed with him in Xros, not fussed with him here lol.
If you freeze it just as the energy sparks up inside, you can see Moon's silhouette.
They pulled a similar trick before with Algomon's Baby stage.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Devimon song:

At first I thought that DarkKnightmon is a henchman of Devimon, but it seems it's actually Devimon who works for DarkKnightmon.

The episode felt very short, but at least we got a "confirmation" that the crystal is indeed MoonMillenniummon. Maybe DarkKnightmon once again will summon ZeedMillenniummon.

Kamotz

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've seen some kick around the theory that he may be one of the Angels that got corrupted by Milleniummon. Since it doesn't look like he's the Deathmon from the flashback, that could be the angle they're going with instead.
I'm relatively convinced that the Deathmon/Ghoulmon from the flashback was really just a Digimon used to indicate the severity of the threat of the Dark Digimon. There's nothing prominent about it - it's just a mega level evil Digimon. Anything else and there would be too many connotations or expectations to see it again in a prominent role.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you freeze it just as the energy sparks up inside, you can see Moon's silhouette.
They pulled a similar trick before with Algomon's Baby stage.
Yeah it's defo him, but the deepest part of me is going - please don't! (Despite it is)
Oh, "turns out NOT to be Milleni". Sorry, I misread.

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was a good episode. NeoDevimon design doesn't do it for me. It looks cheap compared to Devimon's design. I do love the new form coming in the next episode! Now, the thing that caught my attention again is Devimon referring to Poyomon as an old friend. There is ovbiously something more to this Devimon and I really want to know what it is and hopefully we get a back story. Even when they defeated him, Tokomon's look and gaze towards the end of battle as if he remembered him was interesting.

Also, another thing to add - Is it me or did it seem like he was being controlled? When he grabs his head and started freaking out, it just seemed like something, someone under control would do in anime as if he was trying to fight it but couldn't.
Loved Devimon in the episode and I wanted to learn more of his and Angemon's relationship.Like you said it seems that he is controlled. He wanted to get close to his old friend and then he was forcibly evolved to NeoDevimon... Hope we learn more about that relationship and I believe that Devimon was SlashAngemon.

Really hope DanDevimon doesn't die and gets purified or goes back to being Devimon. He was really interesting.

That Crystal is definitely MoonMilleniumon. Also that baby squid seems to be Ghoulmon. I believe that we will get many Demon Digimon in these Series. Possibly even the Dark Area. Maybe that was work of Barbamon. He is one of the 7 that has not appeared in any anime if I remember correctly. So many possibilities Lucemon, ZeedMilleniumon, Ghoulmon.

Now I believe that Vandemon or rather NeoVandemon will appear. As for the episode I think it was pretty good but I wanted more from the other 4 kids. Also, It was nice that NeoDevimon was tied to the Tower and that's why he was defeated. Otherwise even as Devimon he stomped them.

dgmn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At first I thought that DarkKnightmon is a henchman of Devimon, but it seems it's actually Devimon who works for DarkKnightmon.
Actually we don't know or we can't conclude it's that way since in previous episode it was stated that both SkullKnightmon and Velgemon teamed up with Devimon in order to achieve this 'new evolution path' or whatever. On their own accord/ free will.
And we still don't know if that crystal is MoonMilleniummon- we''l have to see 'till the end. We might even get mega form of DarkKnightmon.

I still didn't like the fact a champion can battle and trounce ultimates so easily. Even if that champion happens to be Devimon and has outside hex like dark miasma. NeoDevimon on the other hand is ok because he then performs accordingly.

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I rewatched the episode and it seems taht when Tokomon evolved not only the miasma barrier was removed but also this jogged Devimon's memory or weakened the control of MoonM. Devimon really cares for his old friend Angemon.

Also I believe that Devimon shares the same voice with MoonM. Remember the voice told him why does he try to resist the Darkness. Really interesting.

DragonicEmperor

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I rewatched the episode and it seems taht when Tokomon evolved not only the miasma barrier was removed but also this jogged Devimon's memory or weakened the control of MoonM. Devimon really cares for his old friend Angemon.

Also I believe that Devimon shares the same voice with MoonM. Remember the voice told him why does he try to resist the Darkness. Really interesting.
Plot twist: Adventures; is an entirely new plot setup by Zeed/MoonMilleniummon to chase after Ryou again.

Ricardolindo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this episode was pretty good. It was nice to see the parallel fighting with Devimon/NeoDevimon and Calmaramon, which are connected. Good to see Poyomon evolved to Tokomon. Devimon's evolution to NeoDevimon was good. The fight, while short, was nice to watch. DarkKnightmon using the miasma stone to revive him as DoneDevimon is pretty interesting, as is this whole connection between miasma and the evolutions. As for the stone being MoonMillenniummon, it's an intriguing possibility. Meanwhile, the fight against Calmaramon was also good. The Digidestined were able to help their partners despite being away.

darkliza

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That crystal has to be Millenniumon.

Lilimonblooms

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Disappointed, this episode was weak in terms of animation and storyline, nothing really happened.
Flower cannon was disappointing.
It seems the others are not getting upgrades.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Plot twist: Adventures; is an entirely new plot setup by Zeed/MoonMilleniummon to chase after Ryou again.
That should be awesome. Milleniumon's "spirit" or will refused to admit defeat even in death and tried to get Ryou to be his tamer and his wrath towards Monodramon and chasing them even to multiple universe "accidentally" leaked X Antibodies to this universe of Adventure 2020 as "miasma" but at low purity and dragged his death as the crystal but got discovered for speeding up evolution due to its unique abilities involved with time/space by the dark side to trigger the great war and still ongoing!

But again, we still cannot predict you know? After all, the new evolutions of certain digimon kept surprising at us to throw us off along with their new methods and unknown goals. Devimon showed up yet he didn't speak a single thing of certain goals. Miasma and evolution goals remained unknown. Hopefully Tokomon will tell us... The whole story. Everything. Every single of this details!

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I believe only Tailmon will have her memories from the War and will tell us more...

Redstar45

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"How many times do we have to teach you this lesson, old man?"
This feel like it is going to be repeated xros wars arc and i don't want that ....more plot tie in Choose children's Digimon origins as it would be nice .