Digimon Adventure: Episode 22- The Unbeatable Blue Sagittarius

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The castle was on top of him so presumably they're still on top of him at the end of the episode.
Oh yeah, you're right.

Sooo...devimon evolving to NeoDevimon mean he gonna end as Deamon?
We have many possibilities.
1. Devimon - NeoDevimon - Demon
2. Devimon - NeoDevimon - NeoVamdemon
3. Devimon - NeoDevimon - NeoDemon

Number three is a name I made but if I can choose from those, I'd like to see a new Ultimate form of Devimon. Like NeoDemon or whatever the name.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That was a really good episode. Loved that Takeru unexpectedly got to shine in this episode which made it stand out as WereGarurumon's Mode Change episode compared to being a retread of the previous one. SkullKnightmon was awesome, adored the fact that they went the extra mile and gave him his own Evolution sequence, hopefully he's not done after this episode - I would certainly laugh if the purification light transformed him into PureSkullKnightmon.

The B-Side with Izzy and company was also good. Loved Mimi's antics as usual and am curious as to how this'll tie into what's going on with Devimon since Izzy mentioned the stolen data is once again being sent to the Digital World. Speaking of Devimon, I'm super hyped to see him become NeoDevimon instead of Vamdemon. Can't wait for next week!

CeciliaCrescent

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interestingly, Koushiro makes another nod to Weregarurumon X in his "Fashion Check" since he actually wears a vest there.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This one was decent! I actually really like Sagittarius Mode, it is a much more interesting upgrade than MetalGreymon but with a gun arm. I liked how versatile the back blades were!

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't see how it's a mistranslation when that form is literally called Sagittarius Mode.
Rather than a mistranslation, it's more that there are multiple interpretations or translations for the episode title. The kanji they used translates to "mechanical wings", but the reading is pronounced "Sagittarius".

If the term is treated as a proper name, then the title would be "The Unbeatable Blue Sagittarius". If the term is treated as a regular non-name noun, then the title would be translated as "The Unbeatable Blue Mechanical Wings". After all, you don't translate proper names; you transliterate them.

Basically, both titles are correct. It's just one treats "Sagittarius" as a proper name and the other doesn't.

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That was a very good episode. WereGarurumon new mode is really cool. The good thing that everybody had screentime and by next episode B team will have more too. Seems Lilimon will get an upgrade.

As for Devimon Mega evolution, I still believe it will be Daemon and NeoVamdemon will certainly appear since he got a level. Maybe he will be another bad guy. Really like that we get NeoDevimon. Fon't get me wrong. I loved Vandemon but his Mega forms I don't like one bit.

I would certainly laugh if the purification light transformed him into PureSkullKnightmon.
You mean Knightmon right? Knightmon is an Ultimate and has the crest of Hope. Oh the irony.

Ricardolindo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this episode was pretty good. SkullKnightmon/DarkKnightmon was a tough opponent. Seeing Takeru try to save his partner was nice. He drove WereGarurumon's modification. Good to see the egg hatched into Poyomon. It's good to finally confront Devimon. Meanwhile, the others did well against the Algomon.

roni c

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sooo...devimon evolving to NeoDevimon mean he gonna end as Deamon?
I personally expect either a fully new one or Bagramon.

Perhaps when Bagramon is defeated it could force a jogress with DarkKnightmon who doesn't seem to be deleted to become DarknessBagramon.
As someone who like just digimon advanture (although I didnt watched yet season 4-5), I dont want him to become bagramon. Deamon feel the perfect fit, because I feel that his plot in Adventure was tiny. its also giving a hatch for exploring the dark ocean maybe.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A good episode, on-par with last week's. I'm not a huge fan of Takeru's VA as much as I hate to say it, but I like the overall characterization they're going with; brave, noble, kinda dumb.

Good fight scenes, especially with SkullKnightmon. I wish they had explained why MetalGreymon didn't use his new Alteros Mode, but I guess there's only so many minutes, and they definitely sped through all of the evolution sequences, so. The new mode for WereGarurumon is pretty cool; I thought it looked kinda goofy at first but then they kept showing more and more features of it so it was some good escalation, and reminded me of MetalGarurumon's swiss army knife aesthetic. I wonder why it increased WereGarurumon's size, but maybe that's just easier to animate.

I like that Gabumon got some screentime too, usually we focus on the kids but it was nice to see Gabumon get some good lines. Was kinda hoping we wouldn't get Poyomon so quickly, but I never know what to expect from the pacing at this point.

Poor Calmaramon going out like a punk, but I guess that's not so surprising. Totally called the castle not surviving the episode. Looks like we'll get NeoDevimon next week, which is dope!

riderdimension

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Poor Calmaramon going out like a punk, but I guess that's not so surprising. Totally called the castle not surviving the episode. Looks like we'll get NeoDevimon next week, which is dope!
don't count calmaramon out just yet, it's also in the preview for next episode

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I believe Lilimon with her new upgarde will finish Calamarimon next week. Also, if that happens then up until now the upgrades get the same order with the Ultimate evos.
1.MetalGreymon
2.WereGarurumon
3.Lilimon
etc

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder what Koushirou will say about Kabuterimon's upgrade.

Naal

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I forgot, do we supposed to already know what the crest symbol in the kids Digivice meant? Have they mentioned it in an episode?

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I forgot, do we supposed to already know what the crest symbol in the kids Digivice meant? Have they mentioned it in an episode?
No. The significance of the Crests (assuming they have any this time around) have not been brought up yet.

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope the other six Digimon partners get upgrades too. They deserve it.

gambitprime

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The power ups is a great idea, I hope we will see the others characters with their power ups before the next evolution

darkliza

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty pleased with the episodes so far. I haven't seen other series other than the first four but it's nice to see the digimon actually utilize their abilities in interesting ways. Some have been very creative, especially the use of Trident Arm in this episode. I also really like the fact that the other chosen are doing something else on the side. The new enemies are pretty interesting, wonder what their motives are outside of hijacking military vehicles.

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Well, Red Bull certainly doesn't give you that...

---------

On his continuing quest to save Angemon from a fate worse than being stuffed down Bokomon's pants, the voices in Takeru's head compel him to jump into more perilous situations.

It is steadily coming to the point now where I find it noticeably more difficult to find things to talk about in regards to this reboot.
Largely due to the fact that it feels like it has fallen into something of a rut, where it has essentially become one big battle after the next with barely a breather in between.
Though this episode does benefit a bit from how it improves on some of the weaknesses featured in the previous one. Primarily in the execution of the power-up.

Normally Gabumon tends to play second fiddle to Agumon when it comes to 'special treatment', and this is one of those very rare occasions where he actually gets the better cut of the deal.
What helps is that it is distinctly more focussed on him (as opposed to Yamato) and by forming an extended attachment to Takeru, despite how much of a nuisance the later was throughout. Thus in turn avoiding what could have been just a simple re-tread of Alterous Mode.
Skull/Darknightmon (one of the few redeeming aspects of Xros Wars for me) provides Weregarumon with much more of an interesting battle then his debut against Scorpiomon, with the air-foil/blade/boomerang/beam-spammer combination serving a more plausible purpose.

Things take a bit of an unexpected turn towards the end as Poyomon hatches, causing wilful destruction of property that is most likely not covered in Devimon's insurance scheme.
On the plus side this is enough to finally motivate him to stop hovering around in the shadows looking cool, as we finally approach a proper confrontation.

----------

Some additional thoughts:

*It's cute how Darknightmon's evolution sequence tries its best not to make him look like a combining toy.

*Although played somewhat for drama, I'm not entirely sure why Joe and Mimi have to be in the vicinity of Koushiro's computer, unless that somehow allows their partners to evolve in a manner which couldn't be done over some mobile link?

*Greymon taking that blast head on whilst evolving feels almost like a mid-digit to all that bullshit going on in episode 14. :p

*Devimon referring to Poyomon in familiar terms reinforces a theory I've had going for some time.