Digimon Adventure: Episode 22- The Unbeatable Blue Sagittarius

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the episode discussion thread for Episode 22, The Unbeatable Blue Sagittarius

An extended version of the episode preview from the end of episode 21.

Episode 22 airs Sunday, November 1st, 9am in Japan.

The simulcast for Crunchyroll is shortly after at:
Saturday, October 31st, 7:30pm in California (Pacific)
Saturday, October 31st, 10:30pm in New York (Eastern)
Sunday, November 1st, 2:30am in the UK

If your time isn't included in the short list above this link will take you to an easy to use time converter so you check yours.

The show can be watched on the following:
(Most countries) Crunchyroll Series Page
(US only) VRV Series Page
(AU only) Anime Lab Series Page
(US only) Hulu Series Page

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before the episode is commonly available for most people at the simulcast times listed above (if you are posting about the episode trending on social media in Japan, feel free to post about that.) You can discuss any next episode previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the episode.

Attachments

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Closer to what I've wanted from the last few.

The battles looked interesting, and DarkKnightmon was played as a rather strong (robotic?) threat. Having him actually evolve in front of them worked well.

And hey, stuff with Takeru. That was all pretty good. Although that kid keeps jumping and doing dangerous stuff. Someone get him a helmet.

We get some good character moments. Gabumon worked super well. WereGarurumon: Sagittarius Mode I liked. It had that level of 'does enough extra things from the normal one' that I felt like Alteros Mode didn't.

Also nice to see Poyomon. Looking forward to Tokomon, Patamon, etc.

The B team gets more than 10 seconds of play with some interesting asides with the characters. Having Mimi look actually frustrated really worked well I thought (and Gomamon and Palmon's reactions to Jou and Mimi showing up worked so well.)

The next episode is setup as an actual climax, which would be nice. Hopefully everyone sits around for an episode after the 1, 2, 3.... 4? episodes of climax we are in for (will Devimon survive it? Interesting to wonder.)

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's a shame that SkullKnightmon/DarkKnightmon didn't announce any of his attacks. SkullKnightmon's one attack might have been Breast Eye Wink, but DarkKnightmon in particular showed off a lot of abilities we haven't heard of before, mostly in the form of archery and black beams fired from just about everywhere.

Eitaroutarouman

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So...did Darknightmon die? It's, uh, pretty vague if Poyomon's Castle Destruction Beam got it, too.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dark knightmon did not die, whats cool is he was super OP for a perfect level and just toying around, not even trying, showed off all these abilities, never seen or heard of.

I mean we always knew that the profile is 15 to 25% of what digimon actually is but wow.

Naal

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be honest I'm not really looking forward to this episode, but it was quite fine.

The fight has got some interesting moments in there. Takeru's still doing weird things (a.k.a what the plot needed him to do). WereGarurumon: Sagittarius Mode felt like an obligatory development after we got MetalGreymon: Alteros Mode last week to me. And a hatched DigiTama is destroying a castle just like that...hurray (Well, to be fair you could say that it's because it's a holy Digimon's DigiTama, but it's still not satisfying). I was hoping that they're successfully tainting the egg and Takeru's next struggle is for him to bring back the "light" to the holy Digimon, but of course that won't happen.

The people walking into the elevator is actually pretty creepy, and even more the stare they gave Jou afterward. Them showing Mimi's frustrated and know her way around the town is nice. As is Palmon's and Gomamon's reaction to their partner's arrival.

I agree that we need a "filler" episode sooner. It's getting really tiresome with the last few episodes.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The animations don't look that good but it's okay for me.

SkullKnightmon and DarkKnightmon fighting scene was superb.

On top of that, I thought I would not like WereGarurumon mode change because at first the black blades only appear as addition in design, but then I saw the black blades turn into booster rocket and can be used as swords. Holymoly!

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so blades for Weregarurumon eh...chances of seeing Cresgarurumon and Blitzgreymon (and of course Omegamon Alter-S) have just increased after this episode.

I'm really interested in devimon's backstory from his diologue which implied that he had some sort of relationship with TK's angemon in the past...

HawkG

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was a really good episode for me. Its nice to see Takeru this assertive about everything, (kind of how I wish he was in Tri) and it doesn't feel as mystical as Hikari normally is. He may hear a voice calling to him but his actions and triumphs are all his to make. In turn those actions affect the people around him and I like how WereGarurumon gets 8 wings that mirror HolyAngemon, intentional or not. I didn't need to hear him say how much he wanted to help, last episode showed it to me but talking it out with Yamato brings it all together.

It's nice that Koushiro and the others are having their own little, "our war game" moment without it being so aggressively blatant and I like that they are the last line of defense while the others try to deal with the source of the problem. Everything's connected pretty neatly. As long as another count down doesn't appear, I'll be fine with it.

However this show's biggest problem is still it's pacing. It's not that anything is inherently bad, its that we don't get to sit on things long enough to make them better.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly lately the animation is getting on my nerve for ruining the battle with WereGarurumon's new upgrade also the whole episode. ALSO BULLET SPAMMING. Seriously it needs to stop...

But Eyesmon is still alive? Or is it multiple Eyesmon?

I think Splashmon wasn't the responsible for creating the swamp and miasma but getting the Holy digitama corrupted to soak inside the darkness is probably the second plan of Devimon? Because the evolution plan didn't get mentioned... And it had nothing to do with all other digimon who joined the "dark side" for power/evolution. I felt like it's more of personal goal of Devimon besides the secret of his evolution plan.

Oh so Devimon is really living in the castle. I thought it was hologram of those Soundbirmon swarm. Weird I thought Devimon shouldn't dare to enter the field of Holy light effects just being near to Holy digitama.

Taichi and others were underground but as the Holy digitama flashed, they just... Stood over the ruined castle bricks. Laziest animated... Ever.

DarkKnightmon gotten too many lasers in the worst Stormtrooper aim from all over his whole body. It's not even funny and lousy.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess it’s pretty certain at this point that Ultimate NeoDevimon is the final Nightmare Soldiers Z slot. Makes sense, given that all of Devimon’s evolutions right now terminate in Vamdemons, semi-unrelated Demon Lords or Piemon.

I was kind of right aboutSagittarius being a mistranslation, given that it’s a kanji pun. Dang thing doesn’t even use a bow.

Guilmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I gotta say, Megumi Han does an incredible job making Takeru sound as insufferably obnoxious as possible. I let out a giggle when he was almost crushed by that pillar, and booed when generic goon number who's counting DarkKnightmon missed the perfect opportunity to smite him with his spear.

And hey, stuff with Takeru. That was all pretty good. Although that kid keeps jumping and doing dangerous stuff.
I say let him. Sooner or later he's gotta bite the dust and that will be the highlight of this season.

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow they really gave a lot of love to SkullKnightmon. First Naginata Mode, then Arrow Mode, then he speaks and finally have an evolution scene!
Chikurimon was a nice addition but still can't believe it's a Child-level when Gabumon just smacked 3 of them. XD
WereGarurumon's new mode is far more superior than MetalGreymon's, he can fly, use a sword AND shoot lazers he's basically Superman.
And Poyomon so cuteee!

I was kind of right aboutSagittarius being a mistranslation, given that it’s a kanji pun. Dang thing doesn’t even use a bow.
I don't see how it's a mistranslation when that form is literally called Sagittarius Mode.

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode rectfied a lot of concerns from the last imo.

Glad T.K actually got lines that weren't just Oni-Chan. He came off as super brave and determined, not merely a male version of Kari.

Who needs Angemon when Poyomon merely hatching dissolved Devimon's castle.

The fight itself was epic! SkullKnightmon had so many tricks up his sleeve and that only amplified with DarkKnightmon! Im sure we'll see more of him.

WereGarurumon's new mode was cool too, I hope the others get upgrades too and it's not just these two (maybe all at once, don't want a repeat of what they did for ultimates).

Really really looking forward to the next few episodes and seeing how the Devimon saga concludes.

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've always thought WereGarurumon was the coolest Digimon ever, but boy did he get way cooler today! I like how the Sagittarius Mode makes the perfect "bridge" between his Perfect and Ultimate forms.

What I liked the most was that the mode change was because of WereGarurumon's feelings, and not Yamato's. We got a bit of character development from the Digimon partner and not the human, which is always nice.

Takeru is no victim. He will parkour all the way to your house and kick your butt.
With Poyomon's birth we can see how powerful the light of Hope is in this adaptation. I guess the powers of light and darkness have more influence in battle than Digimon levels or forms. I'm pretty sure Devimon would beat the gang even if they all fought with Perfect levels at this point. Devimon's scheme to turn the Digitama into a dark Digimon makes more sense than simply trying to kill Takeru and Poyomon.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rewatched it.

So guys, where does Eldoradimon go?

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Taichi and others were underground but as the Holy digitama flashed, they just... Stood over the ruined castle bricks. Laziest animated... Ever.
We literally had a whole scene of them climbing upward. They were in the castle when it collapsed.

I guess it’s pretty certain at this point that Ultimate NeoDevimon is the final Nightmare Soldiers Z slot. Makes sense, given that all of Devimon’s evolutions right now terminate in Vamdemons, semi-unrelated Demon Lords or Piemon.
Not necessarily. We already have three Virus Ultimates, and only one Vaccine and Data each. I suppose it's possible we could end up with four Viruses since it's mostly "evil" Digimon but that'd make it way more lopsided than any of the other Pendulum Z models.

So guys, where does Eldoradimon go?
The castle was on top of him so presumably they're still on top of him at the end of the episode.

roni c

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sooo...devimon evolving to NeoDevimon mean he gonna end as Deamon?

DragonicEmperor

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sooo...devimon evolving to NeoDevimon mean he gonna end as Deamon?
I personally expect either a fully new one or Bagramon.

Perhaps when Bagramon is defeated it could force a jogress with DarkKnightmon who doesn't seem to be deleted to become DarknessBagramon.

dgmn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well it's settled now, probably best episode so far considering the animation wasn't that good movement-wise beyond 9th episode. They don't look like they've been lazily drawn, but Birdramon's wings still don't clap. Digimon appearance looks really good.

SkullKnightmon/DarkKnightmon fight against their ultimates was really good and no I don't think DKnightmon was going easy on them especially after WereGarurumon outpaced him speed-wise. I'm actually surprised how good both of the ultimates held their own against him both power-wise and skill-wise.

Devimon evolving to his ultimate form Neodevimon finally will break the curse of evolution gap/power gap many feared after kids evolved their partners early on.