Digimon Adventure: Episode 19- Howl, Jyuoken

dgmn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Much better episode than last week. Great action, felt like Adventure again. Leomon's new attack really caught me by surprise. Love that they gave Minotarumon more character this season.

Now it seems Devimon really does command forces of darkness no matter the level of digimon, maybe they listen to him simply due to the promise of 'new evolution' or whatever that means, or simply for their own benefit/gain.

Here's my theory on it:
They'll finally introduce officialy into anime level beyond mega, maybe even 2 levels, 2 reasons imo: 1st pokemon has been catching up to the digimon franchise the last deade or so; and 2nd more obvious one: internet has evolved from the 1999 period so storing vast amounts of digital information in giga and tera and even beyond may indicate series wants to expand on it by giving digimon new possibilities and evolutions based on it.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good episode. Surprised that the Spadamon and Falcomon weren't Leomon and Peckmon from a flashback. Hikari joining up with the other group was a nice touch. Super hyped for the silhouetted Digimon in Devimon's entourage. Saddened that Spadamon didn't do much but very relieved to see XW Digimon starting to appear regularly now.

"I have another fist as well."
That battle between Leomon and Minotaurmon was super cool. <3

TheImpster

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not a bad episode, but they really underutilized Bulbmon here. The living fortress thing was already done with Cannonbeemon and much better too. Cannonbeemon actually fought back. Bulbmon may as well have been replaced with a standard vehicle. Like what Etemon did in the OG series. Also I don't get why the Peckmon didn't fight themselves and instead let child Digimon such as Spadamon and Falcomon do the dirty work

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does this mean Spadamon isn’t a rookie for Leomon.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally I always considered Elecmon to be a Rookie for Leomon.

Ricardolindo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode was much better than that of last week.
The beginning was cryptic. What were the two Digimon other than Devimon and Velgemon?
It was nice to see Leomon and his army saving Taichi and Yamato.
The reference to Neemon and the others was nice.
I was shocked to see the others are back in the Real World.
The attack on the fortress Digimon was amazing. They defeated a lot of Digimon. The duel between Leomon and Minotaurmon was good.
Bullmon was an interesting opponent.
I was shocked to see imprisoned Takeru being the object the evil Digimon were transporting. I want to know how they captured him. Regardless, as we saw Angemon imprisoned somewhere, this debunks my theory that Devimon was a corrupted Holy Digimon and was going to be purified and become Takeru's partner.
I'm really looking forward to the next episode.

Last edited:

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Forgot to mention but I loved the subtle irony of an Armour Digimon that used the DigiMental of Hope being one of the ones to obstruct the heroes from getting Takeru. :ROFLMAO:

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally I always considered Elecmon to be a Rookie for Leomon.

Elecmon is one of the most recognized digimon to evolve to Leomon, but that is not the topic. Based on the last preview Spadamon and Falcomon looked like the were going to evolve in to Leomon and Peckmon.

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If that shadowed digimon was actually calamaramon, could the squid from episode 18 be her depowered form (like flamon and strabimon)?

KoreeluStromboli

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When I saw SkullKnightmon, I exclaimed "Oh my God!"

I happily exclaimed "Spadamon!" when I saw them.

My reactions to seeing SkullKnightmon and Spadamon are based on me recognising them from Digimon Xros Wars, the series that got me back into Digimon in 2015.

Greymon grabbed the bull by the horns alright.

When I saw Takeru inside the test tube at the end of the episode, I said his name in a surprised way before saying "Oh my God" twice. Then it was shown that Angemon is being held in custody. What a cliffhanger.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was a good episode. Briskly paced and well animated, particularly the Leomon/Minotaurmon fight.

I particularly loved all the various references to past seasons; incorporating Digimon from Fusion, Frontier, and Data Squad (not to mention the games) and some Armor Digimon is always a treat. And of course, Tai and Kari's mom being a total airhead is perfection itself. A bit of a shame they sidelined the other kids, but with TK joining the group next week I think it'll be fun to get some relatively new dynamics.

Definitely a number of questions raised though. Devimon's ultimate goal being a sort of Lovecraftian summoning of dark forces beyond comprehension is good, and it would be especially nice if he ends up being in over his head. But his recruiting methods are still incredibly confusing to me. Some like Minotaurmon are willing to roll with the evil forces to seek power, others need to be controlled (but by two different methods, ugh) and others are... well, just giant transports. Still, confirmation that the Holy Digimon is Angemon, no real surprises there.

I know it's not people's favorite, but I'm enjoying the throughline of Nidhoggmon's not-quite defeat. Started with Argomon's various forms, then over to Eyesmon-Nidhoggmon, and now the new mysterious larva thing. In particular it's this nice reminder that an apocalypse is always around the corner. Given the Greek and then Norse mythological references, I wonder if this new creature will have a theme?

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If that shadowed digimon was actually calamaramon, could the squid from episode 18 be her depowered form (like flamon and strabimon)?
Very unlikely, as that eyeball thing appeared to have been ordering Devimon around, while Calamaramon appears in context alongside others like Velgrmon and SkullKnightmon, seemingly carrying out some sort of mission.

The eyeball Digimon also briefly appears in episode 3 (though just its eye), when the black orb appears and spawns Eyesmon' Digitama.

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And Leomon defeated a Perfect level? That's... Impressive and he actually survived for now.
Minotaurmon's status as a Perfect or Adult has been all over the place for years, it was probably meant to be an Adult here.

You know some absolute irony though? Minotaurmon's first card in Hyper Colosseum? Evolved from either Ogremon or Leomon. And I highly doubt the team making this actually remembered that and that this was on purpose.

Oh! And by the way.

Anyone going to count and see if Valvemon exceeds its 40-Digimon capacity in this episode?
It did. In the first scene alone there were 28 Troopmon deployed on the feet, 12 on the head, and 3 in the cockpit (alongside Minotaurmon). Later in the episode after a bunch got destroyed by Leomon and such we also see 36 overall + Minotaurmon and Bullmon.

Figured I'd count for kicks. The irony is that the first scene implies it has a shitload more - each of the little foot containers had 4 of them, and we only see 7 open, but there were a bunch more there.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Obviously they keep the Troopmon stored away as dehydrated capsules like Instant Martians.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
C'mon, why is everyone surprised Leomon is still alive? He never dies the episode he is introduced (except for Tri...)

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What? *Checks* Oh lol Minotaurmon's evo requirement. Sounds good for a jogress between Ogremon and Leomon.

Obviously they keep the Troopmon stored away as dehydrated capsules like Instant Martians.
I... Like this theory it is good enough to be believable. Somewhat.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
C'mon, why is everyone surprised Leomon is still alive? He never dies the episode he is introduced (except for Tri...)
Because the longer he's alive, the less are the chances of him dying.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He was picked up after being transported to the Digital World in the previous episode.

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally got around to this one. I got to admit. My momentum got killed quite a bit by the last episode, and I didn't REALLY dislike it. So i was relieved that I liked this one so much.

I vocally gasped when they revealed the original kids were back home. I didn't see that coming!And I love that they're now grouped with Hikari (AND MIKO! AND MIKO!) I imagine they'll be returning with Hikari. I am not surprised in the slightest to see them more or less side lined. I have had a theory that this is going to be more of a Taichi + Yamato show than its predecessor so this sorta feels right.

Leomon's entrance was great and exciting, he's a total bad ass and I love him for it! To me, this felt likethe most plot heavy episode we've ever had for this series and I never lost interest. The action was really exciting and I loved Leomon's second punch. I can't wait to see what Takeru brings to the table, though I am not excited to revisit the waiting for Patamon to get to Angemon from Egg form.

Last edited: