Digimon Adventure: Episode 19- Howl, Jyuoken

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the episode discussion thread for Episode 19, Howl, Jyuoken

An extended version of the episode preview from the end of episode 18.

Episode 19 airs Sunday, October 11th, 9am in Japan.

The simulcast for Crunchyroll is shortly after at:
Saturday, October 10th, 7:30pm in California (Pacific)
Saturday, October 10th, 10:30pm in New York (Eastern)
Sunday, October 11th, 3:30am in the UK

If your time isn't included in the short list above this link will take you to an easy to use time converter so you check yours.

The show can be watched on the following:
(Most countries) Crunchyroll Series Page
(US only) VRV Series Page
(AU only) Anime Lab Series Page
(US only) Hulu Series Page

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before the episode is commonly available for most people at the simulcast times listed above (if you are posting about the episode trending on social media in Japan, feel free to post about that.) You can discuss any next episode previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the episode.

Attachments

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That was a good one.

Nice to hear Hiroaki Hirata as Leomon once again. Leomon is as he often is, the honorable powerful warrior type. Framing him as a leader of a team, as was said earlier, worked reasonably well. His team is mostly cameos of known Digimon at this point, which works well enough to give us ideas of what kind of characters they are.

Their mounts being Peckmon felt like it was meant to be a chocobo reference...

It was also nice to hear Neemon and his group are doing well.

The catch up stuff with Sora and the others was some very good, if short, character material. Having Hikari join up with them was a nice touch. The surprise is their Digimon aren't with them, so we may actually be in a three group situation at the moment.

The rest of the episode being dedicated to them rushing to find out 'what' Holy Digimon related thing is being transported for Devimon. There was some nice usage of strategy in those things. Leomon blocking from the rear, Agumon not evolving due to Greymon's size.

And Leomon gets a new attack, Shin Jyuoken, a seemingly 'even more powerful' Beast Fist from his other hand.

It was good fun.

So Hikari is joining up with group 'real world', Takeru is with them in the digital world. Angemon is seemingly in Devimon's capture...

The episode also began to dive deeper into 'what' is going on, and some mentions of Devimon's goal.

Hopefully we get quite a bit more material with the others in the real world, but I doubt it'll be as much as I like since they don't have their Digimon with them.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice episode. One thing I found interesting was that Devimon seemed to have planned for Nidhoggmon's destruction. I wonder where they'll go with that idea.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I want more of this type of episode, reason for digidestined and devimons plan, and what is this new evolution all about?

Digitama

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really nice episode, forget us the disappointment of last week episode. The action is nice especially for leomon, and a new attack! It's really cool not only the partners digimon can do that even leomon can do it, and Devimon
really plays a big role in this series.
The final scene is really hit on the point.

Really happy with this episode.

Last edited:

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I want more of this type of episode, reason for digidestined and devimons plan, and what is this new evolution all about?
I think this new evolution will be what producers said would surprise us. Mega/Ultimate evolution was likely for me but after watching this episode it seems unlikely.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this new evolution will be what producers said would surprise us. Mega/Ultimate evolution was likely for me but after watching this episode it seems unlikely.
Hoping that it really does surprise us.

taz111

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well there goes my theory about Devimon haha, but good episode. I find it fascinating that this Champion level is commanding all these powerful digimon like this. I expected they would take TK, but I wasn't prepared for it right away, My jaw dropped when I saw him in the Tank and saw Angemon chained. Seeing TK, I first thought maybe the Kids are subconsciously there and not their real bodies in the digital world. I'm also curious to know where Palmon and company are. I hope we get answers on that in the next episode. I want more!

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A welcome episode after last week's underwhelming one imo.

Finally some significant story progression & insight on Devimon's diabolical plan.

Leomon was heroic as usual! I kinda expected more of a resistance force than was shown but he did mention a refugee camp so I'm sure we'll get more eventually. You know what would be truly shocking? Leomon not dying for once :p

Hilarious that Tai's mom didn't bring him up when running into Sora et al. Good to see Kari with them.

I did not expect that Takeru twist! We've known the Holy Digimon was in their clutches but I expected seeing Patamon first not Angemon. Will be interesting to see if Angemon is corrupted or if there is some alternate dark evolution in store for him.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now I'm worried about Palmon and others. Not single sign of them...

Surprised to see Leomon riding... ALONG WITH THEM. What's up with all riding and ride?! Look at this. Minotaurmon and his army riding Valvemon! Leomon and his tiny allies riding Peckmons! Then those chosen ones ride it again! Just keep it up and this Digimon 2020 will be renamed as Digimon Riding.

Oh? So Devimon's plan is to bring new evolutions to this era that's why Nidhoggmon's speedy evo was abnormal? I bet it's involved with Super Ultimate level to get revived back or just rush evolutions at fast pace like Nidhoggmon?

Huh Troopmon's aim is way worse like Stroomtrooper, they just hardly dodge any red laser bullets but I'm glad since Troopmon swarms got roflstomp'ed in REVENGE comebacks.

Bullmon... It had no crest symbol on that cape. And Leomon defeated a Perfect level? That's... Impressive and he actually survived for now.

The huge shock moment about Takeru. I always thought it's Patamon but how did they captured him so fast?

So the theories got collapsed as Angemon got captured not the "corrupted" Angemon aka Devimon who is believed to be his partner.

Odd Troopmon armies emitted that evil misama not Minotaurmon and Bullmon. I guess now I can confirm there are some willing to join "dark side" for the sake of obtaining new evolution rather than Devimon. But still, there is still no info on swamp and misama.

Oh look like that unknown Baby evolved and off to the highway internet?

Naal

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that was a good one. At last the plot is progressing and we get a hint of what Devimon is planning. For me this really redeems the previous few episodes.

I forgot that Sora is Taichi's childhood friend, so including Hikari through Sora is good. And Joe rushing to the police to report this and that is a nice touch, lol.

Takeru's appearance was really unexpected, though that brings some more questions.

Also I counted 43 Digimons are riding Valvemon, which means that he's overloaded.

Nice episode. One thing I found interesting was that Devimon seemed to have planned for Nidhoggmon's destruction. I wonder where they'll go with that idea.
From what I understand, Nidhoggmon's defeat is a coincidence rather than his plan. Devimon said to Velgrmon to bring him "the other" unexpected gift (that is Takeru), implying that the previous event is also a coincidence.

Tarama

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Troopmon is officially Digimon's Stromtrooper.

We need exclusive profile for Cloud Continent's Valvemon because it seems there are more than 40 digimon inside it. Lol.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh look like that unknown Baby evolved and off to the highway internet?
That was Calamaramon swimming. The spiked suction cups are a distinct trait, and you can vaguely see her multiple eyes.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That was Calamaramon swimming. The spiked suction cups are a distinct trait, and you can vaguely see her multiple eyes.
Paused and noticed. Wish I had paint programs to brighten up but it look like it's Calamaramon because her squid part indeed have multiple eyes.

Damn does it mean Calamaramon finally can battle normally unlike in Frontier who had comedic troubles. I thought I can accept Velgrmon because he is just... pseudo darkness spirit so it's fine to include him but I didn't see it coming as they can bring her THE REAL ONE of Water spirit... Hope they have good animation... Damn I'm really worried.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention. I didn't know Valvemon's eyes could be fixed just like that! I know it's probably Machine types can be fixed but it's really odd, I mean, usually they don't bring the tool kits in this digimon world yeah? Now they can do that?! Fine, please introduce me to a new nurse digimon.

Well, Minotarumon can be adult level too so maybe that one was an adult.
Leomon was so savage to cut up Valvemon's eyes and sliced the small part of its wall to raid inside. So... Is he really "Adult" level? Eh? Look like fortress digimons aren't even safe in this Digimon 2020.
I'm looking at you, ELdoradimon!

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh wow much better Episode after the last! Leomon feels very Leomon. Plus seeing a lot of familiar Digimon was a nice touch. He really does feel like a leader.

So the other kids really did end up back on Earth. And ended up with the cat and Hikari lol. Have to wonder where their Digimon currently are.

Leomon's new attack is interesting, familiar yet the otherhand. Troopmon were always going to get the short end of the stick lol.

And hello there Takeru! Poor Yamato!

Devimon has been given, yeah you aint gonna be able to take me on with just 6 or maybe even 7 of you. There went my theory that Devimon was Patamon either lol. Since we
certainly saw Angemon! I do wonder if we will end up with Super Ultimate in this Adventure.

Also: Leomon didn't die!!!

Blaziken257

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does anyone know who that silhouetted Digimon shown after Velgrmon was? I thought it was Marsmon at first but the shoulders are different.

Manta

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I knew it that TK is the important thing. In the last episode you saw that TK was transferred after the Hope-Symbol shows and Kari didnt...