Digimon Adventure: Episode 13- Garudamon of the Crimson Wings

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's still weird to compare episode 13 of this series to 26 of the original. Of course, Garudamon's debut doesn't come with as much development for Sora, this series actually has Hououmon to show off instead of capping off at Garudamon, and we're only at the halfway point for that exact evolution. The original series featured very flat characters up to the SkullGreymon episode, which kick started the first character arc with Tai's. With how slow the original series was, you'd think the one thing people would be while watching this series is patient lol.
Counterpoint: The kids all developed further in the Dark Masters arc but their Digimon stopped reflecting said development (save for Angemon) in favor of keeping the goggle boy and angst wagon on top.

AguChamp

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Adventure tended to have sudden episodes focusing on certain characters, and in particular Joe has always struggled with the amount of screentime he gets.
But I definitely wouldn't agree that all the arcs feel self contained.

Tai doesn't get a sudden crisis. He finally realizes how much of a reckless jerk he's been up until that point, and it ties into his greater issue of feeling responsible for neglecting Kari's well being. This extends even further to how he acts around TK, to his turmoil when Kari gets sick again in the Digital World.

Mimi likely doesn't evolve earlier for arbitrary reasons, but I think alongside the idea that Togemon wasn't there, the Gekomon wasn't as personal as being at a center full of kidnapped kids and having her parents be in danger. Mimi always had spoiled tendencies in the series, and once again, the Dark Masters arc furthers that sympathy through her and Joe's little adventure.

Joe and TK were trapped in a massive lake, close to drowning. Joe's perseverance in that state was notable, especially given that he had the stress of watching over TK. Again, that loyalty is pushed further with him protecting Mimi later.

Late evolution has always been consistent with TK. Furthermore, it's evolution when all seems hopeless. Evolving against Devimon when the whole team is powerless to stop him, evolving to MagnaAngemon when 6/8 of the team is incapacitated, and you're falling to your death against an extremely powerful Mega Digimon.

(I would also argue that Izzy's crest activation wasn't that great.)

I generally argue that it isn't wrong to debate these aspects. At the exact same age, the OG Adventure kids went through stronger setup and payoff, and had stronger personalities.
The current team just isn't nearly as developed, flawed, or interesting.
And that's an inherent problem when the concept of Ultimate evolution being a pinnacle achievement has been a consistent theme from the original V-Pet, all the way to Appmon.
Comparing this season to OG Adventure is just an easier way of showing how the show as a whole has failed.
I still disagree with all of counter points about the kids evolution episodes (and only their evolution episodes) but to get to the real meat of everything, I think your comparisons are mostly unfair. Every counter point you made, you immediately fallowed up with things that happen later into the original series. Your comparisons are putting the weight of 54 episodes on the back of a series that is just at 13 and that's clearly not fair. You can compare the specific evolution episodes, you can compare how the narrative implements and hold up Perfects, but you can't expect the same amount of character writing from a show that isn't running at the same pace.

Other than the introduction episodes, characters are still keeping pace with how they were portrayed in the original Devimon arc. Perfects or not these are still establishing episodes. Dose Sora have a little less bite, sure but everyone is more competent so she gets to act out on her own more. Is Mimi less selfish, yes but she more outgoing and helpful. Koushiro isn't in his own head as much because he doesn't have the time to be, yet that interest in the world around him is still there. Comparisons can still be made but they need to be made within reason.
That's the entire point of my disclaimer. The main reason I'm still watching is because I'm interested in where the show is going in terms of how ridiculously early these evolutions are.

However, it would be one thing if the show was taking a different approach.
What I'm criticizing isn't the similarity to the original, it's the flawed and rushed execution of character growth and development.

As I said, Ultimate evolutions being a pinnacle of immense growth is a staple of the franchise.
If this show wants to do something different with the hopes that it'll pan out well, fine by me, and I hope it's planning to.

But it's still more than valid to criticize a show for characters with basic personalities and interactions, characters lack in intrigue or interesting seeds for development, who act more like adults than kids.

As stated in my reply, OG Adventure or not, the show falters with it's characters and development. Unsatisfying development is a problem other anime with super forms also face.

It's still weird to compare episode 13 of this series to 26 of the original. Of course, Garudamon's debut doesn't come with as much development for Sora, this series actually has Hououmon to show off instead of capping off at Garudamon, and we're only at the halfway point for that exact evolution. The original series featured very flat characters up to the SkullGreymon episode, which kick started the first character arc with Tai's. With how slow the original series was, you'd think the one thing people would be while watching this series is patient lol.
While the dub definitely added more personality to the show, those prior episodes weren't just slow and flat.
Those episodes were time spent to build familiarity with the characters and establish their personalities and flaws.
Tai didn't suddenly become reckless and careless with SkullGreymon, it was a negative character trait "established" by the show, something the new series isn't interested in.

It's the lack of time that makes the team's immediate liking to the Digimon and Digital World feel less genuine, makes TK and Kari feel more like plot devices than characters, makes evolution feel sudden and underwhelming.

From what we've seen so far, Adventure: is the one that really needs to learn the importance of patience. The overall tone and direction of the show implies overt reliance on the nostalgic and emotional attachment to the prior incarnations.

Ninetalesuk

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I understand the negative views, I'm kinda okay that Ultimates are coming in early and being used more often than the original version. Especially WereGarurumon, which happens to be both the weakest of the eight Ultimate Digimon and least used in SIX episodes while the others (except MagnaAngemon for obvious reasons) were used 10 times. I'm going to continue watching this and not compare it too much to the original.

Leoil01

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To me it seems that the people who haven't watched digimon since 02 are the people who are enjoy the reboot the most. its the digimon fan who have followed digimon though every season that are being the most critical

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i keep seeing comments saying the evolution is too rushed everywhere.
meanwhile it took 104 episodes, 5 movies, 4-5 audio dramas and 4 video games over the course of over 15 years for any of the 01 kids, aside from tai & matt, to be able to digivolve their digimon up to the mega level without some gimmick's assistance like holding a golden digimetal or dna digivolution. so in this case, i'd say its less that this ones going to fast and more that the first adventure took to long. hell, 4/6 of the 02 kids where never even able to get their mons up to ultimate on their own, let alone a mega.

Guilmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
meanwhile it took 104 episodes, 5 movies, 4-5 audio dramas and 4 video games over the course of over 15 years for any of the 01 kids, aside from tai & matt, to be able to digivolve their digimon up to the mega level without some gimmick's assistance like holding a golden digimetal or dna digivolution. so in this case, i'd say its less that this ones going to fast and more that the first adventure took to long. hell, 4/6 of the 02 kids where never even able to get their mons up to ultimate on their own, let alone a mega.
You're misunderstanding. It's not about how quickly the characters unlock their evolutions, let alone whether or not they reach Mega by the end of the series; it's about whether or not the evolutions actually mean something.

The evolutions in Adventure (2020) have felt rushed because they're not the result of the kids learning an important lesson, or overcoming some sort of limiting character flaw, or gaining new insight into their partnership with their Digimon. They simply happen as the result of the characters proving or learning things they had already proved or learned.

And sure, there have definitely been instances where evolutions didn't feel earned in previous seasons, but pointing them out doesn't magically make this reboot exempt from criticism.

Deion123

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You're misunderstanding. It's not about how quickly the characters unlock their evolutions, let alone whether or not they reach Mega by the end of the series; it's about whether or not the evolutions actually mean something.

The evolutions in Adventure (2020) have felt rushed because they're not the result of the kids learning an important lesson, or overcoming some sort of limiting character flaw, or gaining new insight into their partnership with their Digimon. They simply happen as the result of the characters proving or learning things they had already proved or learned.

And sure, there have definitely been instances where evolutions didn't feel earned in previous seasons, but pointing them out doesn't magically make this reboot exempt from criticism.
I get what you’re saying but I would much rather have character development later to make the characters’ development be more believable in the end. I’m fine with waiting until megas honestly. Not every single evolution has to be meaningful. I’m good with getting the ultimates out of the way if it means good character development with megas. Also I feel that if all the evos were spread out it would inevitably feel rushed and repetitive anyways with cramming development in a few episodes for each evolution for each kid and requires a crap ton of rewriting. I’m okay with the small bits of development we’re getting if it ends up amounting to something in the end with making the development of megas more smooth. I get that you want more character development but this is too much. I’m okay with the characters being underdeveloped for now cause I like all the kids so far regardless. I honestly just really feel like you and many others are exaggerating the flaws of the reboot IMO. Digimon 2020 isn’t perfect(1-dimensional characters, sort of inconsistent animation) but I don’t have the same problems you and many others have with the show so far. I respectfully disagree with you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd argue the contrary: it's because we're in episode 13 that these characters should've been fleshed out way more already. If a series is gonna have a high episode count, then they better make me care and want to root for the characters from the very beginning.

Heck, episode count doesn't matter. Whether it's a short, seasonal show, or a long-running epic, you gotta make me care from as soon as episode 1.
I don't think that argument works because it completely ignores how differently the entire structure of the story has been set up so far. Episode 1 isn't really relevant to the characters featured in this episode because... none of them were even present in episode 1.
So generally speaking just going by the number isn't fair, because it is glossing over that we in fact have not spent nearly as much time with each character than in Adventure at that point which had them all together acting as a team from the start. Here, episode 9 was the only time the entire team has been actually assembled. Jou has only been introduced 6 episodes ago, instead of 13. Yamato hasn't been around at all for a huge chunk of episodes, and neither was Koushiro for the most part. Sure, he was seen for a half a minute a couple of times but I don't think anyone really expected him to return from his day long bug ride through a colorful tunnel a changed man or anything.

And that's an inherent problem when the concept of Ultimate evolution being a pinnacle achievement has been a consistent theme from the original V-Pet, all the way to Appmon.
Eh, the original Adventure and the last few stragglers from the first V-pet era like DW1, Digital Card Battle and Digimon ver WSC were basically the last time it was Perfect could still be considered a "pinnacle" of anything.
Adventure:⏣ introducing them sooner is in line with recent seasons already pushing the Perfect debuts to much earlier points than in Adventure, and their diminished impact could be said to correspond more accurately to the rather middling position Perfect Digimon have occupied in the franchise for quite some time.
To me the notion that it has to be as momentous as 20 years ago seems outdated, simply because I don't think they are intended to represent the same amount of significance.
What if the new show does not portray the evolution as amazing world shattering event because they just... aren't. Mountain shattering maybe, but we've already seen the armies headed by Ultimates, it's clear that what is happening right now is just a stepping stone. And if the big character moments are reserved for the next evolution, I can understand that as long as something is happening eventually.
So I think Yamato's statement at the end gives the perspective that tehy are going for; They might already have perfects but they're not the big guns anymore, it is merely the beginning.

Tai didn't suddenly become reckless and careless with SkullGreymon
I'm quite sure that was pretty much exactly what happened. The biggest "reckless" thing the show made a big deal about was Taichi suggesting that they should go up infinity mountain to get a look at their surroundings. Not even charging ahead and doing it, simply bringing it up and in the end he even backed down. In other episodes he was the voice of reason, for example when Yamato was intent on freezing to death. Episode 16 was Taichi suddenly becoming a parody of himself.
And the point about where Adventure:⏣ actually is still stands. There is plenty of things that can be seen as reckless about the new Taichi, and if the original could take 16 episodes until it does anything with it, then the reboot can take its time too.

From what we've seen so far, Adventure: is the one that really needs to learn the importance of patience. The overall tone and direction of the show implies overt reliance on the nostalgic and emotional attachment to the prior incarnations.
It could also imply enjoyment of faster paced and occasionally very well animated action.

Taichi's shtick of wanting to hit the laptop/tablet was cool, especially with Agumon joining in on it. It's one of the things I wish I saw more in this iteration of Taichi. This one just feels to generically shounen protagonist to me
I think the return of these kinds of jokes hurts his character more than it helps. Having an obnoxious sense of humor is basically as stereotypically Shounen as it gets.

Colon feels like it will be quickly forgotten, and probably not attract many of the younger fans I was hoping for.
Pretty sure the top ten placings some of the episodes got ratings wise don't agree with that view.

AguChamp

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd argue the contrary: it's because we're in episode 13 that these characters should've been fleshed out way more already. If a series is gonna have a high episode count, then they better make me care and want to root for the characters from the very beginning.

Heck, episode count doesn't matter. Whether it's a short, seasonal show, or a long-running epic, you gotta make me care from as soon as episode 1.
I don't think that argument works because it completely ignores how differently the entire structure of the story has been set up so far. Episode 1 isn't really relevant to the characters featured in this episode because... none of them were even present in episode 1.
So generally speaking just going by the number isn't fair, because it is glossing over that we in fact have not spent nearly as much time with each character than in Adventure at that point which had them all together acting as a team from the start. Here, episode 9 was the only time the entire team has been actually assembled. Jou has only been introduced 6 episodes ago, instead of 13. Yamato hasn't been around at all for a huge chunk of episodes, and neither was Koushiro for the most part. Sure, he was seen for a half a minute a couple of times but I don't think anyone really expected him to return from his day long bug ride through a colorful tunnel a changed man or anything.

Eh, the original Adventure and the last few stragglers from the first V-pet era like DW1, Digital Card Battle and Digimon ver WSC were basically the last time it was Perfect could still be considered a "pinnacle" of anything.
Adventure:⏣ introducing them sooner is in line with recent seasons already pushing the Perfect debuts to much earlier points than in Adventure, and their diminished impact could be said to correspond more accurately to the rather middling position Perfect Digimon have occupied in the franchise for quite some time.
To me the notion that it has to be as momentous as 20 years ago seems outdated, simply because I don't think they are intended to represent the same amount of.
What if the new show does not portray the evolution as amazing world shattering event because they just... aren't. Mountain shattering maybe, but we've already seen the armies headed by Ultimates, it's clear that what is happening right now is just a stepping stone. And if the big character moments are reserved for the next evolution, I can understand that as long as something is happening eventually.
So I think Yamato's statement at the end gives the perspective that tehy are going for; They might already have perfects but they're not the big guns anymore, it is merely the beginning.

Tai didn't suddenly become reckless and careless with SkullGreymon
I'm quite sure that was pretty much exactly what happened. The biggest "reckless" thing the show made a big deal about was Taichi suggesting that they should go up infinity mountain to get a look at their surroundings. Not even charging ahead and doing it, simply bringing it up and in the end he even backed down. In other episodes he was the voice of reason, for example when Yamato was intent on freezing to death. Episode 16 was Taichi suddenly becoming a parody of himself.
And the point about where Adventure:⏣ actually is still stands. There is plenty of things that can be seen as reckless about the new Taichi, and if the original could take 16 episodes until it does anything with it, then the reboot can take its time too.

It could also imply enjoyment of faster paced and occasionally very well animated action.

Taichi's shtick of wanting to hit the laptop/tablet was cool, especially with Agumon joining in on it. It's one of the things I wish I saw more in this iteration of Taichi. This one just feels to generically shounen protagonist to me
I think the return of these kinds of jokes hurts his character more than it helps. Having an obnoxious sense of humor is basically as stereotypically Shounen as it gets.

Colon feels like it will be quickly forgotten, and probably not attract many of the younger fans I was hoping for.
Pretty sure the top ten placings some of the episodes got ratings wise don't agree with that view.
Tai was already depicted as a very straightforward person who prioritized action over planning.
The idea that he would push Greymon to such a brink isn't out of character, especially given his desire protect everyone, the loss he suffered against Devimon, and the stressful danger they had to prepare for.

Tai being a bit rude would give him more personality than he has now. Instead of being overtly polite, we could see a more immature and interesting side to him.

Tai being immature and overtly prideful was the entire core of his development, an contrasted the way shounen protagonists typically just keep fighting because blind courage and plot armor triumphs all. (A boring trope that Adventure: outright pulled for MetalGreymon)

Again, we're only on the 13 episode, but this is the time a show at least show signs of interesting setup. Adv: hasn't really done that yet, but again, we're still too early to be absolute.

As stated prior, all these kids act more like adults than kids, and it damages some of the fun of the premise.

Seeing characters legitimately bicker and clash, actually make mistakes.

From my memory, Ultimate evolution has been displayed as a powerful achievement in 01, 02, Tamers, Xros Wars(OmegaShoutmon and the rest, though a lesser extent), Appmon, and almost every electronic toy from the original V-Pet all the way to modern day.

The existence of Mega and it's exclusivity don't make Ultimate any less notable. Mega evolution is often a confirmation of the growth that triggered Ultimate, and is purposely meant to be a rarity.

The franchise has had a bit of a hyperfixation on "everyone eventually gets a Mega!"... but that's still a larger criticism with the franchise.

I'm extremely happy that kids are getting into Digimon and that the show is doing extremely well, but I'm also not a Bandai/Toei executive.

At the end of the day, having a well animated, but in terms of writing, bare bones show isn't the type of product I personally get behind and want to recommend to others, especially at times when it misrepresents some of the interesting appeals of the franchise.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just because it has high TV ratings doesn't necessarily mean it is doing particularly well with children. I think it is mostly adult fans who loved Adventure, the young children of adult fans, and probably a significant minority of people who just like the cool designs, fights, and other aspects of the show. I'm really not convinced that this mixture of watchers is something that would make for a solid base of fans going into the future, though it might satisfy Toei and Bandai in the short term. I also think some of their marketing decisions, like having the Digivice: be sold as a premium product, and only online at that, instead of something a child could reasonably find or afford when it's literally the exact thing any child fan would want, seem to indicate they are still leaning very hard on their established adult fans. Some products seem more squarely aimed at kids, like the SHODO figures, but others seem more like stuff an adult fan would buy for their own child, like socks or backpacks. Tell yourself that the young boy audience of a Shonen anime are super into Chamomile scented Digimon Adventure: bath bombs. This is overall really not the marketing of a show aimed at kids as much as of a show aimed at adult fans that they hope will bring their own children into the fold. Compare it to Appmon, which was definitely aimed at children, which had offerings like nice and cheap Appli Drive roleplay toys and Appmon Chips and a 3DS game (which was admittedly a failure). Sure, there were some weird choices there too, like the overly nostalgic Appli Monsters Card Game which just used ancient Hyper Colosseum mechanics, but I can much more resolutely say that Appmon was marketed at kids. Of course, this is just speculation, speculation that I would honestly love to be wrong about. Heck, if we get a bunch of fresh blood because of this show after all, I'll call it a total success even if I don't like it!

(I hope this didn't come across as too angry, I'm just a bit upset at the way Colon stuff has been handled. I think it is okay to rely a bit on nostalgia to give a franchise a good shot in the arm, but relying on it too much runs the danger of alienating new fans and burning out old ones.)

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now I just realized it. What happened to all Waspmon afterwards? Maybe without CannonBeemon's "Hive" command, they are just doing nothing for all eternity?

I wonder about the huge hole in the mountain where CannonBeemon shot at. I rewatched this episode and only saw all bees and nothing else in the whole forest and mountains. WEEEEIRD

Guilmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Theigno said:

That's the thing: there might be a problem with the structure of the show itself. I was fine with the initial spacing out of character introductions because that meant giving each kid their own focal room to breathe apart from the crowd of other characters all at once. I was even fine with the first 3 episodes, which were mostly just a massive sakuga setpiece with not much to offer in terms of character writing, because at least they were a statement that this reboot was willing to do things differently.

Now, if only I had known that 13 episodes in I still would not give a damn about most of these kids.

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now I just realized it. What happened to all Waspmon afterwards? Maybe without CannonBeemon's "Hive" command, they are just doing nothing for all eternity?

I wonder about the huge hole in the mountain where CannonBeemon shot at. I rewatched this episode and only saw all bees and nothing else in the whole forest and mountains. WEEEEIRD
i'm pretty sure they either got killed off or degenerated back into fanbeemons. it was stated by one of the fanbeemons that the waspmon where not waspmon by choice and we don't know yet if wild digimon can digivolve & degenerate by choice in this universe. its also possible that the survivors immediately got the hell out there when no one was looking as there was hardly any reason for them to stay at that point. they might show up later on or something as well.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well it was really weird to see kids didn't spare the infected ones and the controlled ones (excluding other few ones were lucky...) in 2020 and Adventure 01 spared others from Devimon's gears. lol

I find it disturbing about one thing. Some comments were worried about Cannonbeemon because of how it got beheaded so cruel. Yet nobody worried for MetalTyranomon....?!

Jeez lucky for the controlled ones that got saved but poor infected ones...

I hope you are right if they come back or regrouped with new Cannonbeemon or Fanbeemon... Whatever that is.

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Truth be told, I am finding myself starting to struggle to maintain an interest in this reboot. It's kind of strange how it gives the impression of moving a lot quicker then the original, yet we still haven't even got to Devimon properly yet.
Last week was a slight step up in quality, but this suffered from similar problems I had with the one before that. Playing out a bit like an unused Xros plot.

The main problem for me stems from the fact that Sora has so far come across as a bit of a bland character. Contrasting somewhat with Mimi, who can at least be entertaining.
And in an episode that should seemingly have been an ideal place to focus on her, oddly doesn't all that much...
Currently there doesn't seem to be any indication that this version shares a similar tempestuous relationship with her mother, which was the primary source of emotional conflict that originally led to Garudamon.
Here it's simply a case of she shows more determination, and that's it really. Resulting in Garudamon's debut managing to appear more tacked on and anti-climatic for me then Weregarumon's was.
In fact, Group B in general hasn't been all that enjoyable to watch. Even Joe, who often feels like an exaggerated parody of his portrayal in the original dub as a slight hypochondriac.

If the Waspmon presumably work for the main antagonists, they don't appear to go out of their way to hunt down the kids, report sighting them, or call in reinforcements to that location.
It's also perhaps fortunate that they can't shoot for shit either, as despite surrounding the group at one point, manage to completely miss them in hail of laser fire at close range.

A missed opportunity to have Koushiro geek out over Mimi revealing her family connections, though weirdly we get a call-back to Taichi's tech support.

-----

I don't really have much else to say. So instead I'll post a selection of screenies, which for me were the main highlight of this episode.

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If the Waspmon presumably work for the main antagonists, they don't appear to go out of their way to hunt down the kids, report sighting them, or call in reinforcements to that location.
It's also perhaps fortunate that they can't shoot for shit either, as despite surrounding the group at one point, manage to completely miss them in hail of laser fire at close range.
pretty sure all the waspmon where focused solely on collecting more digimon to be made into waspmon as most if not all of them where originally fanbeemon that where kidnapped, forced into the next stage and controlled. i doubt they even realized sora, matt & joe where humans to begin with, let alone being capable of enough thought process to do much of anything that requires free will like calling back up. this also the reason they have the aim of storm troopers; they never actually learned to use their powers

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
pretty sure all the waspmon where focused solely on collecting more digimon to be made into waspmon as most if not all of them where originally fanbeemon that where kidnapped, forced into the next stage and controlled. i doubt they even realized sora, matt & joe where humans to begin with, let alone being capable of enough thought process to do much of anything that requires free will like calling back up. this also the reason they have the aim of storm troopers; they never actually learned to use their powers
Never learned to use their powers? Huh, I'm sure their stormtrooper aims were probably affected by that miasma. OR that animator did it. Obviously.

I think it was very weird all Waspmon caught Jou and Gomamon yet they separated them: Left Gomamon with other Funbeemons in the jail and threw Jou to trash room instead of terminating him on first sight. WTF?

Funbeemon wanted to save all other Funbeemons but they at least can just tell us what's wrong with Cannonbeemon and Waspmon that are supposed to be their evo lines. But nooo. Sora and others just destroyed them and saved Funbeemons then off to journey.

That was very... You know... Unsatisfied.

Deion123

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Never learned to use their powers? Huh, I'm sure their stormtrooper aims were probably affected by that miasma. OR that animator did it. Obviously.

I think it was very weird all Waspmon caught Jou and Gomamon yet they separated them: Left Gomamon with other Funbeemons in the jail and threw Jou to trash room instead of terminating him on first sight. WTF?

Funbeemon wanted to save all other Funbeemons but they at least can just tell us what's wrong with Cannonbeemon and Waspmon that are supposed to be their evo lines. But nooo. Sora and others just destroyed them and saved Funbeemons then off to journey.

That was very... You know... Unsatisfied.
What did the animator do to you?

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hm? What do you mean by that?

It's sorta pretty normal some animators drew stormtrooper aims which I hate it. Also Waspmon is my fav. That's why they made Waspmon less cooler.