Digimon Adventure: Episode 1- Tokyo: Digital Crisis!

Hikarix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Enjoyed it but can't shake off the feeling it might lead to the 02 ending and will most focus on Tai.
I wouldn't be worried about that as this new continuity at all and hopefully Tai and the Rest of the Chosen Children have own unique Future that different from the main canon version of future.

I hope you're right but they dropped a lot of possible hints/foreshadowing that makes me paranoid:

Like Yamato looking at the stars
Then there is a astronaut poster in his room

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope you're right but they dropped a lot of possible hints/foreshadowing that makes me paranoid:

Like Yamato looking at the stars
Then there is a astronaut poster in his room
To be fair, that could also easily be fanservice-y nods to the original continuity and not intended as foreshadowing. We'll just have to wait and see...

J Bouken

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe it's too early to say this, but I could feel the effort put into making this first episode shine as something new while still being familiar.

The evolution sequences being physical metamorphosis, where you can actually see how the Digimon are changing, looked incredible. They could have gone with an old-school instant transformation that takes up a lot of unnecessary screen time (that they can then re-use in future episodes), but they went through the extra effort to make those scenes a real part of the action.

I really appreciated how quickly they got into the action. Once they introduced Taichi and Koushiro to us, they got right into the crisis of the episode. Taichi's motivation to help his mother and sister in any way he could was easily understandable. I hope this is the case for most episodes, especially as it seems they'll be taking their time introducing the whole cast and getting them together.

The difference from the original are stark and it's too early to say if I like them not. The Digital World being this weird island with telephone boxes on beaches and Numemon in vending machines etc. was one of my favourite aspects of the original, so I'd be sad to see it replaced by this blander looking internet world. It seems they'll be going to the Digital World proper later on, so in the meantime I hope they can do some funky things with the visuals for the internet (something they can take from the Cyber Sleuth games, for example). I also hope the group coming together one by one doesn't alter its dynamics too much. One of the more compelling parts of the original was the group getting used to each other and have those early disagreements. We'll see how they handle it.

The OP and ED were good. The OP was energetic and shows us the closeness between Taichi and Agumon, whereas the ED seemed more thoughtful and showed us Yamato being alone. Given the ED was only a minute long, I suspect they may change it around for different characters. Also, the feather symbolism surrounding Hikari and Takeru was neat, if a little on the nose (both are young and innocent, both have angels for Digimon, both play important roles in the development of their older siblings).

So yeah, I'm intrigued by this. I'm glad it's not just Adventure again, just with smart phones.

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i enjoy it when humans actually join in on the fight and don't just watch from the sidelines

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am still in shock by the action, greymon jumping and dodging attacks, using his head shell to deflect in coming attack, he actually used his tale 2x, I am sooo happy and finally where he and algomon was doing a dragon ball like thing to see who has the strongest attack, I thought stuff like this in digimon is impossible it was like I was in a dream land while watching it.

And in the next episode we finally see garurumon using agility, my eyes are super happy right now.

dgmn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am still in shock by the action, greymon jumping and dodging attacks, using his head shell to deflect in coming attack, he actually used his tale 2x, I am sooo happy and finally where he and algomon was doing a dragon ball like thing to see who has the strongest attack, I thought stuff like this in digimon is impossible it was like I was in a dream land while watching it.

And in the next episode we finally see garurumon using agility, my eyes are super happy right now.
Yes Agumon really proved himself in the episode, like they decided to make him show off his abilities that we didn't get to see in the '99 version. Maybe they even took some hints from fans while preparing anime.

gambitprime

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like a lot the first episode ! The action is cool, the evolution is cool and the story is very direct (with mysteries for the next episodes), so I think the start of this reboot is very good, I hope the rest of the episodes are awesome too

P.D. For some reasons, I start to think that they will change Angewomon's design, I mean, a less sexy look

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought the episode was fast paced, but it felt like classic Adventure to me. I love the call backs to the original Adventure and Our War Game. I’m excited to watch the rest of this series.

Haralampos

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Amazing work done for the first episode! 👌 Animation and soundtrack were amazing! I hope evolution sequences come back to the coming episodes and that was only because they wanted to connect it to the film. It's something different so far but doesn't mean it's bad, not at all. 💙
P.S. I really hope the net goes to the digital world.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure if anyone cares about what I have to say but I saw it yesterday because things but I liked it it seemed different enough to be interesting but you still get some of the old characters in it.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure if anyone cares about what I have to say but I saw it yesterday because things but I liked it it seemed different enough to be interesting but you still get some of the old characters in it.
Ah glad to see you were able to watch at last! It was pretty much the same way I felt when I watched. Similar but different.

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Absolutely loved it! Izzy being so shy introducing himself to Tai, then immediately in awe almost when Tai just starts treating him like they’ve already been friends was such a cute scene lol.

I like how different this is from the original’s first episode, though it feels more sci-fi than fantasy, like Tamers. Speaking of Tamers, I was getting some d-reaper vibes there for a moment, anyone else think the same?

Seeing as it focused just one two of the kids gives me hope they might flesh the characters out even more than the old series did.

I did miss Brave Heart but the new look of digivolution makes more sense as he’s interacting with the enemy while it’s happening. Looks like it’ll be less boring than seeing the same animated sequence all the time.

I tried to watch episode two but it says I need a subscription, anyone know how long it’ll be before it streams free?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I believe the episodes don't become generally available until a week after they air.

GoldenEXP

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
when the next episode is out
crunchy always locks new episodes for a week,so when ep.3 is out, 2 will be free

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah glad to see you were able to watch at last! It was pretty much the same way I felt when I watched. Similar but different.
Wow. Thanks Vande. ...I had to wait because Sunday was Easter and Toonami wasn't airing Saturday so I saw that Evangeilon movie on Netflix plus I went to bed early. And Monday is weird. So I'll try to get 2 watched sooner. Maybe Sundays.