Digimon Adventure: Episode 1- Tokyo: Digital Crisis!

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fair enough, I will admit that the circumstances here don't completely line-up 1:1 with what happened during this reconsolidation period do to Digimon not having to clean-up the mess induced by trademark retention practices.

Dexter1998

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm giving it a 9/10. The 1 point left out is because of them using Greymon on the first episode and kinda the ending and opening.

Of course, under the circunstances of the episode, the use of Greymon was for a good reason, but quite honestly, I'd love to see it next episode so it didn't felt as rushed. But I agree that the evolution was magnific. On the evolution sequences side, I think we will get them just in case they need to do a quick episode.

I liked the use of the crests (that apparently are now call Stones?) starting now and not later. It's a good forshadowing I think. And that Taichi's phone has an orange case.

On the OP & ED: I'm expecting them to be modified eventually. Specially the OP, where they add more of the other while they become part of the group. And maybe the ending, if it doesn't stays a Yamato centered one, could be changed (visually) according to the other characters.

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really enjoyed that. I was surprised at how easy it was to adjust to the new voices for the kids. The action was good, loving the subtle changes to characterisation and that they didn't frontload all eight children at once on us.

Just hope that the rest of the series can keep up this quality. :)

CeciliaCrescent

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks on me, but one of the posters in Takeru's bedroom bares an uncanny resemblance to Angemon at a glance (pulling a Takato and designing his own partner/friend?). There's also one of an Astronaut.
Unfortunately, it's really only a poster of a baseball player.

They didn't even show him in the opening at all so for all we know, Patamon might evolve into someone else this time around.

Last edited:

Taso

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They didn't even show him in the opening at all so for all we know, Patamon might evolve into someone else this time around.
Well, there's this:

Also the card game features Angemon as the posterchild of Yellow.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Unfortunately, it's really only a poster of a baseball player.

Angemon is still the extremely likely evolution for Patamon. They just want to mantain the mystery this time.

Digitalguy

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, there's this:

Also the card game features Angemon as the posterchild of Yellow.
Had a feeling it was the Digital World but I wonder what kind of place this is . Some Holy Shrine?

Taso

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also have some big-reach speculation involving Hikari's scene in the Opening as well..

I noticed that Hikari holds her hand behind her back much like a butler or servant would. Given the dark hallway, I'm willing to bet that somehow, in some way, she might actually end up in a situation of serving a villain of the series. Presumably out of black mail, deceit, or potentially even as pretend. Massive stretch, I know.

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also have some big-reach speculation involving Hikari's scene in the Opening as well..
I like that theory~
It would explain why she's partially masked in darkness, while Takeru is completely in the light.

robotoboy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They are straight up trying to pull from Our War Game... the next episode is literally called "War Game" and the digimon at the end looks a helluva a lot like Diablomon.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They are straight up trying to pull from Our War Game... the next episode is literally called "War Game" and the digimon at the end looks a helluva a lot like Diablomon.
The Digimon at the end is Algomon (Mega), an old Digimon from ~14 years ago.

Redstar45

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I glad that they are not going use Diablomon again

Redstar45

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I glad that they are not going use Diablomon again
I'm sure he'll show up eventually.
I swear if he pop up just to make Omagamon again to created or new fome for him then i am not happy about that it is like to these writer team think that our war games is be all and end all of Digital monsters adventure story.

Last edited:

MisatoFromNERV

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I enjoyed it. Animation looked good, new music was great (IMO) and it seems like it's going to be a fun watch. Can't wait for next week's episode.

ChrisPerry

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, I prefer original opening with R.I.P. Wada Kouji than this one. I didn't exactly liked it. On the contraty, ending was much better for me.
When it comes to telling a story - I found it great even my friends are joyful about this. I didn't understand why they decided to put crests that fast in the plot. Especially when Agumon evolved - we saw crest of courage. Also, seeing Yamato at the end with Garurumon left me wondering 'Does he do it all the time?'. He seemed very confident about being here.
Also, I liked that easter egg with war game with the preview of next episode.

Redstar45

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, I prefer original opening with R.I.P. Wada Kouji than this one. I didn't exactly liked it. On the contraty, ending was much better for me.
I think that in my opinion that Opening is fit this version of the Digimon Adventures.

Hikarix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Enjoyed it but can shake off the feeling it might lead to the 02 ending and will most focus on Tai.

Redstar45

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Enjoyed it but can't shake off the feeling it might lead to the 02 ending and will most focus on Tai.
I wouldn't be worried about that as this new continuity at all and hopefully Tai and the Rest of the Chosen Children have own unique Future that different from the main canon version of future.