Digimon Adventure DVD-Box- Full Info and Coverart

NewsBot

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
WOOOOOOOOOOO New coverart, not just a redux of the old 01 box.

First the full solicitation info.

Catalog #- BIBA-9231
Release Date- December 21st, 2007
Price- 52,500 Yen
9 Disks

and I've checked elsewhere and NO stores or anywhere else has the coverart. REALLY nice art.

A bit small, hopefully we get some bigger art soon (I'll be doing scans once I get the set)

Similiar to a few old pictures, but it DOES appear to be new art.

-- <span style="font-variant: small-caps; font-size: 9pt;">godofchaos</span>

Source: ()

DarkTamer Steph

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, how much would that be in American, because I normally just estimate by cutting off the last 2 digits, but I can't see someone actually paying roughly $500.00 for that...

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is indeed over $500, and I'm another person buying it even though I'm not that rich.

I hope they'll have a few extras with it.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No extras, the Chronicle boxes have been quite consistant on that.

2 booklets, same as the other Chronicle boxes.

Significantly cheaper if you preorder at amazon japan.

The price has gone up a bit since i preordered it at about 340, now its about 350, so if you hurry and preorder it you can save quite a bit. (That even includes express shipping from japan)

Blackjack Gabbiani

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Who the hell would pay that much? I know electronics and stuff are more expensive in Japan, but honestly, that's just gouging, even by Japanese standards.

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Blackjack:
"Who the hell would pay that much?"
As you can tell, there are a few people who would. I'll name myself among those who would, because although I do not have the money to pick it up (and it makes me sad,) had I, I would pick it up in a heartbeat. This is what you call being insane.

Remember when the DragonBall Z movie boxset, "DragonBox - The Movies" came out back in Japan a few years ago? Yeah, I bought that. Although, I got a sweet Amazon discount, but even if there were no discount to be had, I would have bought it anyway even if it were $500.00.

"I know electronics and stuff are more expensive in Japan, but honestly, that's just gouging, even by Japanese standards."
Eh, not really when you consider the average Japanese DVD is priced to move at roughly $30 American, then you have your competing handheld games priced between $30-$60, and your console games coming in around $40-$70; granted this is all depending where you shop, but what it comes down to is the Japanese are insane.

Everything tends to be ridiculously expensive, but even so, a boxset at roughly $460 isn't *exactly* pushing it. By their standards, anyway, by ours on the other hand, it pushed it a long time ago and its kicking the life out of it each and every moment of the day.

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One day i shall win the Lottery to buy a proper japanese box set - until that day comes i shall sit and long for the day i win the Lottery.

So in UK standards it's roughly speaking £250 - i could get a new TV with full Digital, and still have plenty to upgrade to Broadband for a year!

Megidramon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That is a rip off, I mean I can buy a 126 episode boxset for £40 including extras, well okay the original RRP price is £149.99, but due to Christmas and sales it is cheaper but it would still remain low-ish in the 50 to 100 area. But anyway the point about it being a rip off still holds with a 54 episode and extras boxset being, what an equivalent of £250 here. I though of getting one of these about a year ago but it seem pricey

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I did a quick number crunching, and well basically, the box set is nothing more than all DVDs around their original price. In the US, and probably other places Box Sets are cheaper than buying each individual DVD, but that's just how it is. We can't hold the entire world to our standards.

54 episodes, at say 3 episodes per DVD that's 18 dvds, at 4 episodes per dvd it would be around 14 dvds. Now lets apply the price per dvd, around what $30, for the 18 DVDs it works out to around $540, for the `14 DVDs it works out to around $420, so yes it is expensive by our standards, but people who buy a series by each dvd release would be spending around that much anyways.

I find a lot of Anime DVDs tend to run between $25 and $30 when ever I go to the store, or find them on a website that isn't all about huge discounts. So yeah if you look at it if you were to go buy a full set of DVDs as DVDs you'd be paying the same amount, maybe a tiny bit more.

When I was reading something on HLJ, I noticed it mentioned that Bulk discounts in Japan are smaller than they are in the US. So I can see the same applying to DVD box sets, you probably save more in the US buying box sets than you do in Japan, doesn't mean you don't save some money if you were to buy the box set instead of all the DVDs individually.