Digimon Adventure: Digivice: Info, Images, and Pre-Order Details

Tetsuya Suoh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The main issue is... generically, kids by and large don't want these.

Even most kids who might get one will play with it for a little bit and toss it into a drawer.

The closest there is to mass market Digimon V-Pets are the US version of the 20th, which is a reversion of 'one of these', just made cheaper.

Even if you upgrade it, kids aren't likely to really want this anymore.

There is nothing wrong with wanting them to do more, but there are real reasons why they have only tried in specific ways.

I appreciate and respect your opinion but with what data can you proof this with? I just think that's really debatable. Maybe Bandai hasn't tried hard enough to push the Digimon V-pets through the years because of the similar belief and it's turned into a self fulfilling prophecy?

To be fair, did the Digimon V-pets ever have a real chance with kids after the pendulums? I mean ever since the original Digimon Adventure anime Bandai has put it's V-pet fandom on the back burner in an effort to change it's core identity.

Most Digimon fans to this day don't even know Digimon came from V-pets cause Bandai did such a good job divorcing itself from it's roots. So of coarse the V-pets might appear like its not popular with kids when they've been so underexposed and neglected?

On the other hand Digimon's sister. Tamagotchi never tried to rebrand itself. instead it decided to embrace what made it unique , keeping it's V-pet roots. Evolving with the times and it's still doing very well for itself, selling modern , classic and app V-Pets in the mass market to adults and kids alike to this day.

if Kids today can appreciate Tamagotchi I believe they could appreciate Digimon V-pets as well. They just haven't been given enough focus to grow on Bandai's end. Maybe if they made the original Digimon Adventure anime about V-pets like V-Tamer did instead of splitting the fan base maybe we'd be in a whole nother situation right now.

And honestly, what is wrong with reusing old shells for a device in the same series? The Digital Monster X is still a Digital Monster, the Pendulum Z is still a Pendulum. If it had actually been a new family of Digivice, then I could understand the expectation of a new shell.
You see, I come from a time long past. A time called the Early Early 2000's and in this far off primitive age whenever Bandai put out a new V-Pet or Digivice they always did it with a new shell and some new small gameplay mechanic.
The Digimon Pendulum Progress, The Digimon Pendulum X, The Digimon Accel, The Ic , Digimon Mini, The Digimon Twins , ect all had new shells and someone new play mechanic...So you see back in my day you felt somewhat justified buying a new device cause Bandai looked like it put some effort into it. I just havent felt some of that effort recently. In my opinion of coarse. I'm not saying I'm more right than anyone And If you love the current releases as I said before you have every right to.

What's the harm in expecting a new shell? bandai certainly expects us to pay good money for them. As a fan that keeps the franchise alive, why shouldn't I have any expectations of my own in return?

Now good sir I ask you, Why are you so adverse to change?
I'm pretty sure I'm older than you. And the Pendulum Progress, Pendulum X, and the other you mentioned, where separate series from the Pendulum, whereas the Pendulum Z is part of the Pendulum series. I wouldn't be opposed to a new series having a new shell, but this is not a new series. The Pendulum Z is to the Pendulum what 02, tri, and Kizuna are to Adventure, whereas the Pendulum Progress was to the Pendulum what Adventure: is to Adventure. If you want a completely new V-Pet, why not just say that?

Last edited:

Zanabae

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm pretty sure I'm older than you. And the Pendulum Progress, Pendulum X, and the other you mentioned, where separate series from the Pendulum, whereas the Pendulum Z is part of the Pendulum series. I wouldn't be opposed to a new series having a new shell, but this is not a new series. The Pendulum Z is to the Pendulum what 02 was to Adventure.
New shell, new mechanics = new series. If you want a new series of V-pet, that's fine, but don't expect a sequel to be too terribly different from the predecessor.
Errr, with that logic the Digimon 02 cast should of had the original childrens Digivices . last time I checked they Didn't. they had a new D-3.

The Pendulum Z Lore , reflects a passing of time from the original Pendulums locations and the new Digimon species in them. So shouldn't the device's shell reflect that same change in time aswell?

plus think it's very naive to believe Bandai havsn't been changing shells for continuity reasons. It's monetary reasons if anything. it's super cheap and they are getting a fantastic return from it. Just gonna milk the cow till it bleeds dry.

Plus it's arguable to say that all these V-pets aren't in the same continuity in someway. I'd dare say they are all in different servers of the mind of the Host computer yggdrasil. Like a Multiverse.

Digital Monster - file Island , Pendulum Folder , Pen Progress and Accel and twin WWW maybe? Pen X NEW Digital World, DX Old File Island, Pen Z New File Island.

rynldkrt

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
HELL YES! My wish finally came true! Ophanimon will finally be Tailmon's mega in Adventure: after Tri totally bummed me out.
Really excited to see the Angels taking the center at last after they kept treating Seraphimon and Holydramon as cameos with no significance at all.

I'm not a fan of Holydramon but I think she would make a great Champion level evolution if Tailmon were a rookie (in which she basically looks like one). So it's Tailmon -> Holydramon -> Angewomon -> Ophanimon. Somehow I've always felt like Holydramon's design would fit perfectly in a group shot with Greymon, Garurumon, Birdramon and the others.

On a different side I kinda prefer Plesiomon to Vikemon.
Let's hope that they'll surprise us with some new evolutions later?

Last edited:

Tetsuya Suoh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm pretty sure I'm older than you. And the Pendulum Progress, Pendulum X, and the other you mentioned, where separate series from the Pendulum, whereas the Pendulum Z is part of the Pendulum series. I wouldn't be opposed to a new series having a new shell, but this is not a new series. The Pendulum Z is to the Pendulum what 02 was to Adventure.
New shell, new mechanics = new series. If you want a new series of V-pet, that's fine, but don't expect a sequel to be too terribly different from the predecessor.
Errr, with that logic the Digimon 02 cast should of had the original childrens Digivices . last time I checked they Didn't. they had a new D-3.

The Pendulum Z Lore , reflects a passing of time from the original Pendulums locations and the new Digimon species in them. So shouldn't the device's shell reflect that same change in time aswell?

plus think it's very naive to believe Bandai havsn't been changing shells for continuity reasons. It's monetary reasons if anything. it's super cheap and they are getting a fantastic return from it. Just gonna milk the cow till it bleeds dry.

Plus it's arguable to say that all these V-pets aren't in the same continuity in someway. I'd dare say they are all in different servers of the mind of the Host computer yggdrasil. Like a Multiverse.

Digital Monster - file Island , Pendulum Folder , Pen Progress and Accel and twin WWW maybe? Pen X NEW Digital World, DX Old File Island, Pen Z New File Island.
That's not what I meant. I well aware of the loose continuity in V-pets, that why the shells in the same series shouldn't change, to denote that they are in fact part of the same series. Unlike with the anime, the shell and mechanics are actually what define a V-pet series. What I meant what I said that the Pendulum Z is to the Pendulum as 02 is to Adventure is that it's a sequel to/part of the same series as the Pendulum, like 02 is to Adventure. It was easy to tell 02 was part of Adventure because of the story being connected, but v-pets don't really have much of a story, so there needs to be a physical marker to denote when they are. If you change the core aspects of the device, it may as well be a different series, which, as I said, I wouldn't be opposed to. And I wouldn't mind a few changes to this one, like new fields. But since it is a Pendulum, it should look and play like one. Honestly, they should have just called them the Pendulum 6.0, 7.0, and 8.0 because that's what they are.

Last edited:

Zanabae

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's not what I meant. I well aware of the loose continuity in V-pets, that why the shells in the same series shouldn't change, to denote that they are in fact part of the same series. Unlike with the anime, the shell and mechanics are actually what define a V-pet series. What I meant what I said that the Pendulum Z is to the Pendulum as 02 is to Adventure is that it's a sequel to/part of the same series as the Pendulum, like 02 is to Adventure. It was easy to tell 02 was part of Adventure because of the story being connected, but v-pets don't really have much of a story, so there needs to be a physical marker to denote when they are. If you change the core aspects of the device, it may as well be a different series, which, as I said, I wouldn't be opposed to. And I wouldn't mind a few changes to this one, like new fields. But since it is a Pendulum, it should look and play like one. Honestly, they should have just called them the Pendulum 6.0, 7.0, and 8.0 because that's what they are.

I understand and get where you're coming from, Sorry if I came off as being offensive and struck a nerve in my last few posts.

I think at this point it might be best to agree to disagree. We both have a right to our own opinions and individual wants from the franchise and there's no point in trying to change or shame another person for having a different view. Cause at the end of the day were all fellow Digimon fans here one way or another.

Youkomon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Doesn't exactly mean she will be in the series as the evolution. And if she is, well then it proves the reboot is not canon. Magnadramon is the canon mega. She was made canon before Ophanimon was created.
This is a different canon tho?
of course the reboot is not cannon to the old show lmao
and ophanimon is a better fit for the line, specially since it might tie in to the 7 angels in the trailer
Ophanimon is not a better fit at all. They already have a mega level angel. Magnadramon fits and has always been the perfect fit. They just don't give her enough screentime...In fact any mega level that isn't Wargreymon, Metalgarurumon or Omegamon is given the short end of the stick. She is part of two important groups. The Miracle Four and The Four Great Dragons...They really should put them into the plot to give her more to do...

hasimi91

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a question, can this digivice paired to another digivice for battle? Coz I don’t see metal connections on the edges

Last edited:

Tetsuya Suoh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe not physically, but we also shouldn't discount the possibility of infra-red connection.

xSHiNOx

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Doesn't exactly mean she will be in the series as the evolution. And if she is, well then it proves the reboot is not canon. Magnadramon is the canon mega. She was made canon before Ophanimon was created.
and ophanimon is a better fit for the line, specially since it might tie in to the 7 angels in the trailer
Ophanimon is not a better fit at all. They already have a mega level angel. Magnadramon fits and has always been the perfect fit. They just don't give her enough screentime...In fact any mega level that isn't Wargreymon, Metalgarurumon or Omegamon is given the short end of the stick. She is part of two important groups. The Miracle Four and The Four Great Dragons...They really should put them into the plot to give her more to do...
i disagree. they created ophanimon much much later in the digimon franchise. it was suppose to be angewomon's evolution since ophanimon looks similar to Seraphimon so it had to have a form to match with it. they just gave it that sea dragon thingy at the time.

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i disagree. they created ophanimon much much later in the digimon franchise. it was suppose to be angewomon's evolution since ophanimon looks similar to Seraphimon so it had to have a form to match with it. they just gave it that sea dragon thingy at the time.
Holy dragon thingy, thank you very much.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sea dragon thingy lol how it could be this sea dragon if it is supposed to have sea scales and fin-like ears if Holydramon is based on Falkor dragon from "The Neverending Story" movie?

All sea dragons are pretty much like "Sea Serpent".

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've never heard of a group called the Miracle Four. Is it just me?

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So basically it was only a group in terms of merchandise, not the card lore.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guys this bickering is fucking pointless, Magnadramon and Ophanimon are both equally valid as Ultimates for the Gatomon line as species for different reasons (Magnadramon fits the holy theme of Gatomon's line while Angewomon > Ophanimon is meant to mirror MagnaAngemon > Seraphimon).

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guys this bickering is fucking pointless, Magnadramon and Ophanimon are both equally valid as Ultimates for the Gatomon line as species for different reasons (Magnadramon fits the holy theme of Gatomon's line while Angewomon > Ophanimon is meant to mirror MagnaAngemon > Seraphimon).
Ah thank you, someone finally said it. And it can now end here, cause i'm fed up of it.

Rurik

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So can these battle any other digivices or is it only against npcs?