Digimon Adventure: Digivice: Info, Images, and Pre-Order Details

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's a more fair criticism and why I believe both Magnadramon and Ophanimon have a place as equals instead of one always superseding the other.
Indeed. I similarly liked the dichotomy of Holydramon/Ophanimon Falldown Mode in Tri, because both were different enough from Angewomon (Angel/Dragon,Angel/Fallen Angel) and could have been used to reflect the more compassionate and the more punishing aspects of her personality if they had more than a minute of screen time shared between them.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We didn't ask for more though. A bunch of us would prefer these devices not be on premium Bandai. Especially this new Digivice: I would of rather they mass produced it as a full color device and sold it in stores aiming it to kids. The same kids who I thought this new anime was supposed to be brining in to rebrand Digimon as a main stream product again. Selling this "new" retro Digivice to older nostalgic fans for "Premium" prices seems like a step backwards. That's just my opinion. Like I said I'd rather see them aim towards kids again. That market is the one that can keep Digimon the most alive.
Bandai has Adventure 2020 merchandise for kids, it is just that this Digivice: isn't one of them.

Each Digimon Card Game Start Deck has a prince of 500 yen. I would say that could be more affordable for children. And Bandai will surely get more merchandise for children.

Now, there are fanchise for kids where Premiun Bandai still release merchandise for older fans. In this thread, I mentioned Kamen Rider as an example. So, this isn't new for Premiun Bandai.

Tetsuya Suoh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why must we wait until the end of the year to get it!? This is Digimon! There should be an option to buy it and receive it immediately through your computer monitor! Come on...!

I can't wait to put my hands on this. I love the design and the LEDs are such a cool bonus. Jou's LEDs do look more like a light blue than grey, maybe its just the picture?
Excuse my ignorance, but what does it mean that the partner digimon "can be friends"? You get to have recruits and form a team essentially?

Also, Ophanimon is a great design, and a perfect fit as one of Tailmon's mega forms, but the Angewomon-Ophanimon part of the line remains boring/bland.
If it went something like Tailmon - Nefertimon (Ultimate/Perfect stage, with holy ring) - Ophanimon for example, then the variety of the line (which I think is so crucial in Tailmon's case) would remain intact. I can live with it though as I agree the Plotmon erasure is the worst bit... Let's hope that's not the case with the series.

Glad the digivice looks so good though, and that it seems they sorted out their colors a bit better. Sora and Taichi have much more distinct colors, and Jo is no longer represented by grey/black (even though now his color is too close to Yamato's like Sora's was to Taichi's in the original series...) .
They've always kind of used pale cyan as a stand-in for Jou's grey quest light, sometimes white. This actually reminds me of how it's depicted in tri, white at the center with pale cyan edges, but it's been like that since '99. When he first got it, his tag glowed pale cyan. I think it's still different enough to be distinct. Honestly, I was surprised the first time his crest activated, because I was sure it would be turquoise (at the time I didn't know what cyan was)

xSHiNOx

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i'm sure it will use two AAA batteries since there's LED's on this. pre order window is so small; only a month. hopefully the "roulette" battle system isn't broken/difficult to play like some that are meter based

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How disappointing we are getting Ophanimon. I hope angewomon never evolves in the anime.

HeavyLeomon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
somebody have a link to the interview with the producer of the adventure reboot series? The one in wich he was asked about how many digimon will appear in the series and he answered that a lot of digimon will appear on it and everyone was hyped for that? If anyone can find that interview i would be grateful because if i remember in that interview he told that something new or surprising would be related with the digimon when reach the ultimate level.
When i read that i expected new evolutions for all the group, now that i see this product and all of them having their regular ultimate levels (except for tailmon but ophanimon was always related to her) i dont know what to believe, maybe he was lying us?

Zanabae

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bandai has Adventure 2020 merchandise for kids, it is just that this Digivice: isn't one of them.
Each Digimon Card Game Start Deck has a prince of 500 yen. I would say that could be more affordable for children. And Bandai will surely get more merchandise for children.

Now, there are fanchise for kids where Premiun Bandai still release merchandise for older fans. In this thread, I mentioned Kamen Rider as an example. So, this isn't new for Premiun Bandai.

Correct me if I'm wrong but As far as I've seenall the kids have now are gummies, a couple of clothes, the stickers ,maybe some plushies ? and the fabulous card game.

where are all the Digi stuff we had as kids growing up? The digivolving transforming figures? The 3 inch figures? The mini figures? ect ect. When you start a brand you usually want to have those things out in stores right from the get go. I remember when new kid shows would come on when I was a kid and the toys would be in stores shelves montha before the show premiered on tv. I hate to keep using Sega as an example lmao but it's like Sega putting out the new Sonic movie without a new game to ride off the potential success of it.

I've been reading a lot of comments from various places and I'd started to realise there's a group of V-pet fans that love the retro black and white screens and don't want much change and I really get that and respect that. So yes, There's nothing wrong with this Digivice: or Pendulum Z's and it being on premium Bandai. For the fans that want that classic exsperience.

However, I strongly believe there should of been a more advanced color Digivice: made as well and even V-pets for modern Kids and fans like me who want a more modern exsperience . And they should be massively available on store shelves. I think modern Kids would really enjoy these things if done right. There's a real magic to them. I mean the V-pets are what kept me in the Digimon franchise when I was a kid. To me the V-pets made Digimon so unique compared to other monster series. Who knows how many Japanese kids might feel the same way as I did and become super fans if presented with the right Digivice or V-pet?

Now I liked the V-pets when I was a kid, but all the v-pets around where black and white back then. If I was a kid now I doubt I'd have gotten into them seeing as they look and feel old now. So I think Bandai really should modernize the V-pets to potentially catch modern kid's eyes who might unknowingly love a Digimovn device that reflects the modern era.

Last edited:

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just want to point out that the Tamagotchi On/Meets retails at $60 new. Obviously those who think almost $90 is too much will not buy this device, but it's still remarkable that something that ought to retail for maaaaybe $30 (yes, I've spent more on premium Bandai products, like my Pendulum 20th, x, and Tama On, but always feel like I'm over paying) is being presented to us like it's the next big thing, and costing more than my weekly grocery bill.

Zanabae

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just want to point out that the Tamagotchi On/Meets retails at $60 new. Obviously those who think almost $90 is too much will not buy this device, but it's still remarkable that something that ought to retail for maaaaybe $30 (yes, I've spent more on premium Bandai products, like my Pendulum 20th, x, and Tama On, but always feel like I'm over paying) is being presented to us like it's the next big thing, and costing more than my weekly grocery bill.
Lol, Why eat when you can get bamboozled by Bandai? I wonder if Bandai will stop the presses and re release the Digivice: in 3 years Under the name Digivice: VER. RESURGENCE !!!

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Update... Premium Bandai US is taking pre-orders.

Also, arguing about the price of a non-mass market collectors item ignores that it's being sold specifically to a collectors market, and the price of elements that make up the piece has nothing to do with it.

It is a collectible for adults, and is being sold and priced accordingly.

The price isn't strongly different than the various 15th Anniversary quest Digivice releases they did for Adventure, 02, and Tamers.

Last edited:

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I’m keen as hell. Ordered from Nippon Yassan, added it to my PenZ order. It’s been 20 years since I’ve bought a brand new Digivice on release. I can still vividly remember my mother taking me to Toyworld to buy Tais Orange Digivice when I was 10; thankfully still have it to this day too.

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Also, arguing about the price of a non-mass market collectors item ignores that it's being sold specifically to a collectors market, and the price of elements that make up the piece has nothing to do with it.

The price isn't strongly different than the various 15th Anniversary quest Digivice releases they did for Adventure, 02, and Tamers.
I suppose it's analogous to those expensive action figures I always see on here. I do think that if this had V-Pet features (I know these Digivice toys have always been quest based and not pets) it would actually have more features and gameplay than most Tamagotchis, but that's a moot point. Personally, I'm hoping something like this gets mass produced. I'm counting on the new show to make digimon popular again.

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I think it’s kind of silly to put the game in it if people mostly buy it for it to light up and make sounds tho. You don’t need a game in a cosplay accessory.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I think it’s kind of silly to put the game in it if people mostly buy it for it to light up and make sounds tho. You don’t need a game in a cosplay accessory.
I never qualified it as a cosplay accessory or that people wouldn't be playing the game.

I said it was a collectible for adults.

In the same way that you can buy Street Fighter 2 for PC, emulated well, with online play and bonus features, quite cheaply, you can also spend a few hundred dollars for a replica (but not full sized) arcade machine that also emulates it.

Both are the same video game. But they are made for different markets.

One is mass market, anyone can buy it, play it, while some will just leave it in their catalog untouched.

The other is reasonably pricey, most people who buy it 'will' play with it, but others will just assemble it and have it sitting as part of a game room, maybe very rarely playing with it, if at all.

It it also possible that when I said 15th Anniversary Digivice products, you thought I meant the CSA Digivices, which are wildly different products, but I was comparing it to the equivalent 'somewhat' recent quest/adventure Digivice products from Adventure, 02, and Tamers.

Of course, in this case it feels like this is meant to be an Adventure: version of those quest products, with the shell itself being more akin to a CSA.

Zanabae

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This product is definitely meant to be a combination of a CSA Device and a classic Adventure Style Digivice.

I feel bad being so antagonistic about these devices and v-pets, When there are others who are truly happy and excited about these products. I don't mean to be a bummer just feels like Bandai has been recycling things for way to long now and passing it off as new and I really hate to see that. Especially when there's so much potential for the V-pets now days with the new tech out there.

So I'm going to stop and return to my lurker cave 👀.
Honestly, it was Bandai's reveal of the Digimon VER Revival yesterday that really drew me out. How they hyped it up and acted like it was such a big deal to throw your money at. After seeing them reuse the Digital Monster shells for the Digital Monster X then reusing the pendulum shells for the Pendulum Z it just felt like the ultimate slap in the face. LIke is this what the v-pets have D- evolved to? But once again that's my opinion. if you're enjoying these releases all the more power to you.

I still stand by my option though that Bandai needs to make a mass marketed V-pet / Digivice for the modern market like the Tamagotchi On. for those of us who are ready for a modern experience and potential new kids. Like I was once. while at the same time making retro limited ones on Bandai Premium. That way both The fans that want retro devices and the one who want modern ones would be satisfied.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still stand by my option though that Bandai needs to make a mass marketed V-pet / Digivice for the modern market like the Tamagotchi On. for those of us who are ready for a modern experience and potential new kids. Like I was once. while at the same time making retro limited ones on Bandai Premium. That way both The fans that want retro devices and the one who want modern ones would be satisfied.
The main issue is... generically, kids by and large don't want these.

Even most kids who might get one will play with it for a little bit and toss it into a drawer.

The closest there is to mass market Digimon V-Pets are the US version of the 20th, which is a reversion of 'one of these', just made cheaper.

Even if you upgrade it, kids aren't likely to really want this anymore.

There is nothing wrong with wanting them to do more, but there are real reasons why they have only tried in specific ways.

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Even most kids who might get one will play with it for a little bit and toss it into a drawer.

The closest there is to mass market Digimon V-Pets are the US version of the 20th, which is a reversion of 'one of these', just made cheaper.

There is nothing wrong with wanting them to do more, but there are real reasons why they have only tried in specific ways.
While I would tend to agree with this attitude, I do believe the Tamagotchi On is doing well enough with kids these days, well enough to get a new release. You never know, kids might go crazy for these if they actually tried to market them again.

Tetsuya Suoh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This product is definitely meant to be a combination of a CSA Device and a classic Adventure Style Digivice.

I feel bad being so antagonistic about these devices and v-pets, When there are others who are truly happy and excited about these products. I don't mean to be a bummer just feels like Bandai has been recycling things for way to long now and passing it off as new and I really hate to see that. Especially when there's so much potential for the V-pets now days with the new tech out there.

So I'm going to stop and return to my lurker cave 👀.
Honestly, it was Bandai's reveal of the Digimon VER Revival yesterday that really drew me out. How they hyped it up and acted like it was such a big deal to throw your money at. After seeing them reuse the Digital Monster shells for the Digital Monster X then reusing the pendulum shells for the Pendulum Z it just felt like the ultimate slap in the face. LIke is this what the v-pets have D- evolved to? But once again that's my opinion. if you're enjoying these releases all the more power to you.

Thing is, Bandai didn't hype it up, the fans did that themselves. All Bandai said was that there would be an announcement, they never said anything about the scale of said announcement. But you let your expectations get ahead of you, thus setting yourself up for disappointment.

And honestly, what is wrong with reusing old shells for a device in the same series? The Digital Monster X is still a Digital Monster, the Pendulum Z is still a Pendulum. If it had actually been a new family of Digivice, then I could understand the expectation of a new shell.

Last edited:

5PM

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
anyone know how to order this using buyee?

Zanabae

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I appreciate and respect your opinion but with what data can you proof this with? I just think that's really debatable. Maybe Bandai hasn't tried hard enough to push the Digimon V-pets through the years because of the similar belief and it's turned into a self fulfilling prophecy?

To be fair, did the Digimon V-pets ever have a real chance with kids after the pendulums? I mean ever since the original Digimon Adventure anime Bandai has put it's V-pet fandom on the back burner in an effort to change it's core identity.

Most Digimon fans to this day don't even know Digimon came from V-pets cause Bandai did such a good job divorcing itself from it's roots. So of coarse the V-pets might appear like its not popular with kids when they've been so underexposed and neglected.

On the other hand Digimon's sister. Tamagotchi never tried to rebrand itself. instead it decided to embrace what made it unique , keeping it's V-pet roots. Evolving with the times and it's still doing very well for itself, selling modern , classic and app V-Pets in the mass market to adults and kids alike to this day.

if Kids today can appreciate Tamagotchi I believe they could appreciate Digimon V-pets as well. They just haven't been given enough focus to grow on Bandai's end. Maybe if they made the original Digimon Adventure anime about V-pets like V-Tamer did instead of splitting the fan base back in 1999 maybe we'd be in a whole nother situation right now.

And honestly, what is wrong with reusing old shells for a device in the same series? The Digital Monster X is still a Digital Monster, the Pendulum Z is still a Pendulum. If it had actually been a new family of Digivice, then I could understand the expectation of a new shell.
You see, I come from a time long past. A time called the Early Early 2000's and in this far off primitive age whenever Bandai put out a new V-Pet or Digivice they always did it with a new shell and some new small gameplay mechanic.
The Digimon Pendulum Progress, The Digimon Pendulum X, The Digimon Accel, The Ic , Digimon Mini, The Digimon Twins , ect all had new shells and someone new play mechanic...So you see back in my day you felt somewhat justified buying a new device cause Bandai looked like it put some effort into it. I just havent felt some of that effort recently. In my opinion of coarse. I'm not saying I'm more right than anyone And If you love the current releases as I said before you have every right to.

As for them being in the same series argument, I don't agree with your justification. The Pendulum Progress and the Pendulum X were a part of the Pendulum series yet they got new shells. No reason they couldn't design new shells for the X and Z v-pets.

What's the harm in expecting a new shell? bandai certainly expects us to pay good money for them. As a fan that keeps the franchise alive, why shouldn't I have any expectations of my own in return?

Now good sir I ask you, Why are you so adverse to change?

Last edited: