Digimon Adventure: Digivice: Info, Images, and Pre-Order Details

NatalieRath

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Look at Tamagotchi On. For what you're getting is a huge difference.

I really want this but the only problem is whether it can connect to other Digimon V-PETS

Last edited:

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
LED lights alone do not feel like they would cost enough money to equate $80 US
This is Premiun Bandai, they are not contained in the prices.

Once, Premiun Bandai sold a mud-stained white shirt for $60

PS: These shirts were copies from a shirt a character used in Kamen Rider.

Tetsuya Suoh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You realize that price is probably due to the LEDs and having a full color or backlit screen would just increase it more, right?
LED lights alone do not feel like they would cost enough money to equate $80 US
I don't disagree with that, they are, after all, relatively cheap to produce. Nevertheless, their incorporation likely Bandai's reasoning for the price tag, as the others that incorporated LEDs in the shell, the Kizuna Digivices, were the same price iirc. That means every addition will increase the price. So if we have a Digivice: with LEDs that costs roughly $80, a Digivice: with LEDs, as well as a full color and/or backlit screen would probably be at least $120. After all, these are being marketed as "collectibles", not just toys, which itself increases the price.

Zanabae

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Two complaints I have though are that we should not be using colorless, 32 x32 displays in a device that costs 8,800 yen like dude, wtf, I want a screen at least somewhat in the direction of Tamagotchi On for that price.
You realize that price is probably due to the LEDs and having a full color or backlit screen would just increase it more, right?
LED lights aren't that exspensive. They have children's learning toys that have them for less than $20 now days. For example

There's a myth going around the Digimon fandom that backlit screens, color screens and color LEDS devices cost a fortune. Maybe 10 years ago but now days they can be done while keeping a product at a reasonable price.

Like for example this recent beautiful full color device I saw on the Bandai Japan YouTube channel awhile ago that is the same $80 price as the New Digivice:.

So ya, asking $80 for this new Digivice: is going overboard.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Look at Tamagotchi On. For what you're getting is a huge difference.

I really want this but the only problem is whether it can connect to other Digimon V-PETS
Looking at the fact it doesn't have the prongs, I would say no.

Also if people don't like the price tag, don't buy it, it's that simple.

Tetsuya Suoh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Two complaints I have though are that we should not be using colorless, 32 x32 displays in a device that costs 8,800 yen like dude, wtf, I want a screen at least somewhat in the direction of Tamagotchi On for that price.
LED lights aren't that exspensive. They have children's learning toys that have them for less than $20 now days. For example

There's a myth going around the Digimon fandom that backlit screens, color screens and color LEDS devices cost a fortune. Maybe 10 years ago but now days they can be done while keeping a product at a reasonable price.

Like for example this recent beautiful full color device I saw on the Bandai Japan YouTube channel awhile ago that is the same $80 price as the New Digivice:.

So ya, asking $80 for this new Digivice: is going overboard.
As I said, it's actually very little to with how high or low production cost actually is, and much more to do with the fact that these are P-Bandai collectibles. Because of this fact every upgrade increases the cost exponentially. Bandai doesn't market their Tamagatchi toys as collectibles, that's why the price is lower. It's different for Digimon.
So the fact remains, a backlit, full color Digivice would probably be closer to $120, regardless of production cost. Just saying, ask for more, be prepared to pay more.

Zanabae

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
if people don't like the price tag, don't buy it, it's that simple.
True, But there's no harm In fans voicing their opinions or dissatisfaction. Sometimes that's how positive changes get made. Like the Sonic movie. If Paramount dug in it's heels last year and told the fans either embrace Frankenstein Sonic or don't watch it. I doubt it would have gotten so much good will from the fan base and been so successful.

As I said, it's actually very little to with how high or low production cost actually is, and much more to do with the fact that these are P-Bandai collectibles. Because of this fact every upgrade increases the cost exponentially. Bandai doesn't market their Tamagatchi toys as collectibles, that's why the price is lower. It's different for Digimon.
So the fact remains, a backlit, full color Digivice would probably be closer to $120, regardless of production cost. Just saying, ask for more, be prepared to pay more.
We didn't ask for more though. A bunch of us would prefer these devices not be on premium Bandai. Especially this new Digivice: I would of rather they mass produced it as a full color device and sold it in stores aiming it to kids. The same kids who I thought this new anime was supposed to be brining in to rebrand Digimon as a main stream product again. Selling this "new" retro Digivice to older nostalgic fans for "Premium" prices seems like a step backwards. That's just my opinion. Like I said I'd rather see them aim towards kids again. That market is the one that can keep Digimon the most alive.

Last edited:

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also if people don't like the price tag, don't buy it, it's that simple.
not a fan of this mindset as I personally believe that corporations should have public criticisms as long as they have reasonable foundations and promote genuine discussion about the concerns. I personally love this product everywhere but the sales tag (and the Plotmon pet peeve) and I really wanted to be a owner of it but I'm genuinely low income living on my own 3k miles from any family member so the price being exponentially higher than the value is a very real factor to me. I'm not going to lose sleep over it or act like it's the end of the world or a product I'm entitled to but giving negative feedback shouldn't be discouraged, especially in the context of corporations who operate off of consumer feedback

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Excuse my ignorance, but what does it mean that the partner digimon "can be friends"? You get to have recruits and form a team essentially?

Also, Ophanimon is a great design, and a perfect fit as one of Tailmon's mega forms, but the Angewomon-Ophanimon part of the line remains boring/bland.
If it went something like Tailmon - Nefertimon (Ultimate/Perfect stage, with holy ring) - Ophanimon for example, then the variety of the line (which I think is so crucial in Tailmon's case) would remain intact. I can live with it though as I agree the Plotmon erasure is the worst bit... Let's hope that's not the case with the series.

Glad the digivice looks so good though, and that it seems they sorted out their colors a bit better. Sora and Taichi have much more distinct colors, and Jo is no longer represented by grey/black (even though now his color is too close to Yamato's like Sora's was to Taichi's in the original series...) .

Zanabae

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What I'm really curious about is the Japanese fan base reaction. Like, I've been noticing an ever growing demand for a modern color / backlit Digivice\v-pet for awhile now from US and other English speaking fans but what are the Japanese fans saying In the comments sections? Is Bandai JP just ignoring the fans while they nostalgia pander or Does Bandai JP only truly listen to Japanese fans and they just haven't asked for a color device enough? If anyone follows and can read comments from the Japanese fans I'm really curious about what they''ve been saying.

Excuse my ignorance, but what does it mean that the partner digimon "can be friends"? You get to have recruits and form a team essentially?
Yup, That's it exactly. As you progress through the maps you will recruit the chosen kid's Digimon to your team until you get them all. In past Digivices once you befriend a new Mon you can switch them in battle with your main partner and can also switch between which partners you want to appear as the main Digimon on screen when you turn on the Digivice.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A-men. I honestly like NoblePump(kin)mon despite the unanimous hatred towards him.
what!? People hate him? I admit he's not a very Digimon style design but I love him! I played ReArise 100% just to get him as fast I could and see his animations. At least Bogleech put respect on our boy!
That is a surprise. I thought he'd get popular because of his cruel battle technique and his eerie personality. I guess to some people who hate him, it's probably this design to their views, it's just Pumpmon in adult grownup with gentleman costume slapped on?

I hope Plotmon will be treated better eventually.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yup, That's it exactly. As you progress through the maps you will recruit the chosen kid's Digimon to your team until you get them all. In past Digivices once you befriend a new Mon you can switch them in battle with your main partner and can also switch between which partners you want to appear as the main Digimon on screen when you turn on the Digivice.
I had no idea, thank you!

That is a surprise. I thought he'd get popular because of his cruel battle technique and his eerie personality. I guess to some people who hate him, it's probably this design to their views, it's just Pumpmon in adult grownup with gentleman costume slapped on?

I hope Plotmon will be treated better eventually.
My issue is that there has been no effort in incorporating the pumpkin head to the more slender, elongated shape of its body. And it manages to be both too big a leap from Pumpmon because of its body-type, and not big enough of a leap for keeping the pumpkin head essentially the same. I'd rather it only had a pumpkin mask around its eyes on an otherwise adult-human face/head, or if it was headless, and the pumpkin was floating around, or held in its hand or incorporated to the handle of a staff/cane it would be carrying or something. It is just a very...rough concept, to put it nicely, with neither enough care for a sense of balance nor making any particular point with its jarring incongruities.

icymon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
if its in Japanese, how could you guys decipher it?

Tetsuya Suoh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
if people don't like the price tag, don't buy it, it's that simple.
True, But there's no harm In fans voicing their opinions or dissatisfaction. Sometimes that's how positive changes get made. Like the Sonic movie. If Paramount dug in it's heels last year and told the fans either embrace Frankenstein Sonic or don't watch it. I doubt it would have gotten so much good will from the fan base and been so successful.

We didn't ask for more though. A bunch of us would prefer these devices not be on premium Bandai. Especially this new Digivice: I would of rather they mass produced it as a full color device and sold it in stores aiming it to kids. The same kids who I thought this new anime was supposed to be brining in to rebrand Digimon as a main stream product again. Selling this "new" retro Digivice to older nostalgic fans for "Premium" prices seems like a step backwards. That's just my opinion. Like I said I'd rather see them aim towards kids again. That market is the one that can keep Digimon the most alive.
See, you didn't mention that before so it came across as wanting more bells and whistles for a P-Bandai exclusive. Unfortunately, however, those days are long gone. It was one thing when we were getting remakes of old stuff like the 20th anniversary editions. But new even their new stuff, starting with the Digital Monster X, are all limited run exclusives, and I don't see that changing. I also disagree that the child-friendly lines are what kept it going, because Digimon almost completely disappeared for a while just about the time the original audience was becoming adults. And it was only when the collectibles and stuff aimed at sightly older audiences (like the games that were obviously more for young teens than little kids) that Digimon started coming back in earnest. I don't even think Adventure: is really being made primarily for kids because of the"new take on an old classic" angle their going for, rather than trying something entirely new. I think it's meant more for the older audience who now have kids to give them something to bond over.

Last edited:

Zanabae

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
See, you din't mention that before so it came across as wanting more bells and whistles for a P-Bandai exclusive. Unfortunately, however, those days are long gone. It was one thing when we were getting remakes of old stuff like the 20th anniversary editions. But new even their new stuff, starting with the Digital Monster X, are all limited run exclusives, and I don't see that changing. I also disagree that the child-friendly lines are what kept it going, because Digimon almost completely disappeared for a while just about the time the original audience was becoming adults. And it was only when the collectibles and stuff aimed at sightly older audiences (like the games that were obviously more for young teens than little kids) that Digimon started coming back in earnest. I don't even think Adventure: is really being made primarily for kids because of the"new take on an old classic" angle their going for, rather than trying something entirely new. I think it's meant more for the older audience who now have kids to give them something to bond over.
I agree with you on that one. They are aiming at both new and old fans. Which is a really great plan cause like you said a lot of the adult fans will bring in their children. I believe though that they need to make sure they have enough products that both the adults and kids can enjoy to keep the momentum going. Right now all they have for the kids is the brilliant new card game and the re arise app. Outside of that there's not a lot of entry level cheap toys and games kids can enjoy right now. mostly everything is going through Bandai Premium for high prices aimed at adults and that's a mistake in my opinion.

Yes, aiming at the adult fans saved the Digimon franchise during it's down time. But it was soley thanks to nostalgia pandering but nostalgia pandering can only last for so long. Now going forward Bandai needs to transition to pleasing both the adult and new kids markets. This new anime was really the best solution going forward to do just that but I believe Bandai is missing a lot of opportunities to hook these new kids. Truly this was the perfect time to release a new modern Digivice that could of appealed to both kids and older adult fans. Moving Digimon into the future and putting them back in main stream stores. Instead this new Digivice: is a message that Bandai has no plans to modernize parts of it's fandom and still doesn't take Digimon as seriously as it's other brands. Which isn't a good message.

If Bandai put out as much effort into it's entire fandom as it's new card game who knows where the Digimon Brand could go.

The funny thing is Bandai could have both nostalgic v-pets like the Pendulum Z and high end figures on Bandai Premium for the adults while still having modern Digivices, v-pets and toys in stores for the kids. Bandai just needs to think outside the box.

Last edited:

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A-men. I honestly like NoblePump(kin)mon despite the unanimous hatred towards him.
what!? People hate him? I admit he's not a very Digimon style design but I love him! I played ReArise 100% just to get him as fast I could and see his animations. At least Bogleech put respect on our boy!
Hell, he even rightly noted that Noble is exactly the Digivolution Pumpkinmon from Adventure classic would have designed for himself.

Also, Ophanimon is a great design, and a perfect fit as one of Tailmon's mega forms, but the Angewomon-Ophanimon part of the line remains boring/bland.

If it went something like Tailmon - Nefertimon (Ultimate/Perfect stage, with holy ring) - Ophanimon for example, then the variety of the line (which I think is so crucial in Tailmon's case) would remain intact.
That's a more fair criticism and why I believe both Magnadramon and Ophanimon have a place as equals instead of one always superseding the other.