Digimon Adventure: Cast and new trailer!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Brand new Digimon Adventure: trailer with voices in it!

Plus we have the cast list!

Most of the cast is well known actors, so only putting a quick sample of their roles.

Taichi will be played by Yuko Sanpei. She's probably best known as Boruto in Boruto, and Cure Dream in Pretty Cure. She was also Yu Nogi in Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hacker's Memory.

Yamato will be played by Daisuke Namikawa. Digimon fans will know him as Daigo from tri. Beyond that he's also known as the current voice of Goemon in Lupin the Third, Maiku in Please Twins, and Kisho in Tokyo Ghoul

Sora will be played by Ryoko Shiraishi. Digimon fans would know her as Akari and Mervamon in Xros Wars, Cho-Hakkaimon in Hunters, and the Hero in Re:Digitize.

Koushiro will be played by Yumiko Kobayashi. She played Kirifuda in the Duel Masters anime (various characters with the same name over many shows), Black Star in Soul Eater, and Ogata in Shakugan no Shana.

Mimi will be played by Marika Kono. She played Silence Suzuka in Pretty Derby and Mizuki Yuiga in Bokuben.

Jou will be played by Takeshi Kusa. Digimon fans would know him as Kiriha, Greymon, Ballistamon, and Bagramon in Xros Wars. He was also Revolmon in 02.

Takeru will be played by Megumi Han. She was the second voice for (young) Takeru in content that required him since the original anime ended. She also played Nokia in Cyber Sleuth and Airu in Hunters.

Hikari will be played by Misaki Watada. She played Glenda in Strike the Blood and Kento in Battle Spirits Double Drive.

The Digimon actors are all returning from Adventure except for Tailmon:
Chika Sakamoto as Agumon
Atori Shigematsu as Piyomon
Mayumi Yamaguchi as Gabumon
Takahiro Sakurai as Tentomon
Kinoko Yamada as Palmon
Junko Takeuchi as Gomamon
Miwa Matsumoto as Patamon

The new actress for Tailmon is Mie Sonozaki. She would best be known as Gertrud Barkhorn from Strike Witches and Hazuki from Happy Lesson.

And last up...

Masako Nozawa is the narrator for the new series. She is of course, one of the most famous VAs in the world. Digimon fans would know her as Guilmon and Dukemon in Tamers (and Dukemon in a number of other things.) And her most famous role being Goku from Dragon Ball.

It's a rather impressive cast lineup.

Attachments

Last edited:

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It took me quite a while to realize the logo in the title is Omegamon's head coming out of the Digivice.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guys!! Fun fact! Pretty cute 5 has the main cast full of digimon voice actors!
Taichi is of course cure dream/nozomi

cure aqua/karen is aim, mimi of course!

cure mint/komachi is shaochung from tamers

cure rouge/ren is gomamon and takuya.

and one of the f fairies, coco is kiriha and now jou!!!!
rip Yamato sharing daigos seiyuu. Lol

Last edited:

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yuko Sanpei was Yu Nogi in Hackers Memory

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yumiko Kobayashi was also in the Digimon Adventure PSP game, but the credits don't specify what character she voiced. There's a ton other VAs with unspecified roles.

And Megumi Han as Takeru. Now she's the only VA to voice both versions of a character.

I wonder why they Tailmon was recast. It seems strange that they would not be able to get Yuka Tokumitsu when she just did Kizuna. Anyone knows if she's already committed to a big project?

Masako Nozawa, a woman, as the narrator. Let me guess, Hikari is the new epilogue writer.
But jokes, there's one thing I want to note. After 02, the franchise followed for some time a tradition of the VA for one of the Digimon, usually the main one, doing the narration. Masako Nozawa (Guilmon) was the narrator for Tamers, Masami Kikuchi (Neamon) was the narrator for Frontier, and Taiki Matsuno (Agumon) was the narrator for Savers. I don't know who was the narrator in XW, but Appmon just straightup had Haru as the narrator.

Instead of Chika Sakamoto, we get Masako Nozawa for a second time. Makes me wonder if we'll ever return to the tradition, or if it's now so long ago that nobody remembers it existed.

Anyway, now that Nozawa is back, I guess she can push for that Tamers sequel. Maybe. Who knows.

MagicBox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had a feeling they'd completely recast the children. If they're going that far, I'm surprised they didn't go ahead and recast the Digimon partners as well (unless there's some in-universe reason for why they need to stay the same). Oh, well. I guess this really is goodbye to Yūto Kazama, Umi Tenjin, Masami Kikuchi, Ai Maeda, and Kae Araki. Thanks for all the fun.

I sure hope Yuka Tokumitsu's okay. Outside of reprising her role as Tailmon in tri. and "Last Evolution", she hasn't done any voice work in over a decade. Maybe she's just ready to step away from the industry? I sincerely hope she's leaving on her own terms and that she's in good health.

I didn't expect them to dump Hiroaki Hirata from narration duties, but I'll never say no to Masako Nozawa.

Youkomon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope Magnadramon/Holydramon will show up in this series. It would be nice to see her in a series for once.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s nice seeing a lot of returning voice actors from other parts of the Digimon franchise. I think I will have a hard time adjusting to a new voice actor for Tailmon since all the rest of the Digimon partners are going to be the same, but I also am intrigued since it might be a plot point given Tailmon’s mysterious nature in this reboot.

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watched the trailer earlier and Taichi's voiced suited him so well that I forgot he was recast until I came here, so here's hoping that we'll have a strong cast all around. Koushiro sharing a voice with Black Star is hilarious though.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm wondering when it will be given a dub. I prefer the dub adventure over the sub. Just wish Kari had a different voice because her voice is horrible in the dub.

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is so very exciting! I love the brand new cast list! I can't wait to hear the others, Taichi is perfect.

Yume

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
God, that's one amazing cast. And Masako Nozawa as the narrator is the cherry on top.
I like that we're getting new cast for the kids. I was just really hoping the cast for the Digimon remained the same. I'm so happy! Too bad about Tailmon, though :(

TheImpster

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The animation here was... Pretty fantastic! Especially on Greymon!

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am in with the kid's new CV's. Though it fancies me to realize that both Boruto and Naruto (Or rather, their VA's.) are also together in this one, hahaha.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it just me or are they now calling this new place that Taichi jumps into the "Digital World" instead of the "internet"?

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Lord Patamon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder why they Tailmon was recast. It seems strange that they would not be able to get Yuka Tokumitsu when she just did Kizuna. Anyone knows if she's already committed to a big project?
I Wonder the same. That one sure got me surprised.

Amity

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The one cast member I wanted to see back was Yuka Tokumitsu... I ADORE her voice work as Tailmon, especially the character songs. A part of me died today...

I just hope Yuka is doing well health-wise. It's already bad enough that we lost so many great people in the Digimon scene.

On the happier note, good luck to the new seiyuu! I'm sure she'll do great. Also, glad to see Megumi Han back doing Digimon stuff.