Digimon Adventure Blu-ray Coverart

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks to theigno for pointing out that Amazon Japan changed the image for the Digimon Adventure BD-box from the generic Digimon image to the actual coverart for the upcoming release.

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

Hopefully more to come regarding the BD-box soon.

Golden_Fate

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I neeeeed this <333

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sky? Same sky as in Digimon Tri. poster?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sky? Same sky as in Digimon Tri. poster?

I wouldn't quite say 'the same' if only because sky shows up in Digimon (and anime in general) a lot.

I mean... the original portal to the digiworld was in the sky, Adventure ends on a nice scenery shot with lots of sky and Mimi's hat floating by, etc.

It might mean something more, but it wouldn't shock me if it was just them trying to be a bit artsy.

SansaStark

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it known whether or not they're going to touch up/remaster the animation for this release?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it known whether or not they're going to touch up/remaster the animation for this release?

It's relatively rare for animation to be touched up/redone for a Blu-ray release, and they haven't said they are doing it, so it seems unlikely (it's relatively normal to do this NOW for stuff still on TV, because the versions that air on TV are generally not finished, but not for older already finished shows.)

Generally speaking 'anything' they do could be called remastering just to bring it to Blu-ray based on the way companies can (and often do) use the terms . Unfortunately we don't know 100% the processes they are using, or their starting point (although I can make educated guesses.) As an example, just upscaling preexisting tape based maters is 'technically' remastering, but various wording from Happinet and Toei in a few places suggest at least 'something' beyond the most minimal we should expect. Regardless, whether it looks amazing or 'eh' it should at least look better than previous DVDs being upscaled by home equipment... unless they really screw up.

Although it's rather rare for a company to be impressed enough with their own work to show an episode of a Blu-ray remaster on TV before the set is out as they are doing (the show recently reaired in Japan, but they seem to reference the upcoming TV screening of episode 1 from the Blu-ray as looking different, enough so that they've specifically advertised the airing as using the new Blu-ray 'remaster' and not the one they used for the recent series reairing.

I don't know if that means we should expect something better than I'm expecting, or if everyone involved is insane and delusional...

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bokutachinodigitalworld tells the titles from the cd drams... It's puzzling. But too soon to read into anything. We'd probably know the plot by the time we get our hands on that...
Edit: i would have hoped maybe the drama cd's would hold some clues to what tri was about. But these could very well just be more bits for the Adventure series.

Last edited:

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks really nice, I like it.

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is that new art or can it be found somewhere else?

MagicBox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the CD Drama. We just got a ton of new info.

So, we've got Akira Ishida (Wizarmon), Yuka Tokumitsu (Tailmon), Hisao Egawa (Orgemon), Kae Araki (Hikari), Hiroaki Hirata (Gennai / The Narrator), Yūko Mizutani (Sora), Yūto Kazama (Yamato), Umi Tenjin (Kōshirō), Ai Maeda (Mimi), Masami Kikuchi (Jō & Shū Kido), Chika Sakamoto (Agumon), Atori Shigematsu (Piyomon), Mayumi Yamaguchi (Gabumon), Takahiro Sakurai (Tentomon), Shihomi Mizowaki (Palmon), Miwa Matsumoto (Patamon), and Junko Takeuchi (Gomamon) reprising their roles. That's a pretty big deal.

Atsuko Tanaka is apparently playing... "へそ石?" "Heso Ishi?" "The Navel Stone?" Is that really what it means? Is this a character/thing that's appeared before?

Apparently the track listings for the CD are:

“世界が終わる前の”
“Sekai Ga Owaru Maeno”
“Before The World Ends”

“デジモンミステリーファイル • 千年の封印を解け!”
“Digimon Mystery File • Sennen No Fūin Wo Toke!”
“Digimon Mystery File • Cracking The Millennium Seal!”

Noticeably absent from the cast is Toshiko Fujita. That worries me. Perhaps Taichi being absent has something to do with the plot of the drama? Agumon's there, so why is Taichi missing? I hope this isn't an early hint that she won't be returning for Tri. Neither Takeru nor any of his voice actors (Hiroko Konishi in Adventure, Taisuke Yamamoto in Adventure 02, and Megumi Han in the PSP game) is listed amongst the cast. I guess I understand that. This is being released with the series' blu-ray box, after all. Maybe they don't want to use an actor who wasn't in the series proper? Konishi's retired, so maybe they just wanted to keep the character silent and not bother recasting him this time.

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Slightly related, but Megumi Han was definitely at Jump Festa's Digimon corner/booth. Though, she is the lead in HunterxHunter, so maybe that was a stroke of luck.

Atsuko Tanaka, after a quick look up, seems to mostly play older women. Possibly she's playing the Homeostasis, which used Hikari's/Kae Araki's body and voice to communicate with the kids. I'm not sure where that name would come from, though.

EDIT: Derp, Han is also playing one of the lead characters in Cybersleuth, so yeah, still not 100% who is going to be Takeru.

EDIT EDIT: So, Kakudou discussed the drama a little bit on Twitter. He mentions Palmon's actress is credited as Kinoko Yamada instead of Shihomi Mizowaki(they're the same person). He claims Atsuko Tanaka is guesting, so perhaps she's a new character? He directed the drama while Genki Yoshimura wrote it. He mentions Yoshimura wrote episodes 17, 33, and 37 of Zero Two, but as for why he mentions that, Google Translate is of little help. Episode 17 is when Wizarmon's ghost appears at the TV station, #33 when Miyako visits Kyoto, and #37 when Quinglongmon appears before BlackWarGreymon. The words "plot" (プロット) and "relationship" or "association" (関係) are used.

And finally, he mentions because of the nature of these limited releases, he can't say anymore. Anybody who buys it, please enjoy.

Last edited:

Apashi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
.......I just posted something and I don't see it anymore? What happened?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As I explained to him, it was removed because it had stuff in it that shouldn't have been mentioned.

Back on topic

Tomozaurus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Please tell me this comes with english subtitles. If it does it will make it a definite purchase on my end.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Please tell me this comes with english subtitles. If it does it will make it a definite purchase on my end.

Was trying to find a funny or dramatic gif to answer you, but couldn't find one that felt right...

But no, no it will not.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Was trying to find a funny or dramatic gif to answer you, but couldn't find one that felt right...

But no, no it will not.
Besides, it's a Japanese-domestic release, anyway.