Digimon Adventure BD-Box Artwork for Cases and Disks

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks to the Digimon 15th Anniversary Twitter account we now have some images from inside the upcoming Digimon Adventure BD-Box.

Image Thumbnail

Looks very nice. I like the eye theme for the disks and that there will be 2 different boxes/cases inside for the various disks.

As mentioned elsewhere, we are taking donations so WtW can get a set so I can scan and dig into them. You can use the internal donation system, or send via Paypal or Google Wallet to godofchaos@gmail.com

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The giant eyes on each disc are kinda creepy. I would have prefered each disc to feature each child's digivice glowing in each of their crest colors, as seen when their digimon are at Perfect or higher.

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The CD drama, is it completely new?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes. There are actually two new dramas, it seems, though they may just be two parts of the same story.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't expect those eyes but I love them although it would be nice if they had a bit more detail on the irises or if Tentomon's eyes looked a bit more like actual compound eyes (also the hole in the disk make Palmon's and tentomon eyes look like they have pupils but there's not much that could be done to avoid that...)
I'm not really a fan of how they reused the same artwork on the cover, the discs and the Drama CD cover...

Back to the eyes though, I gotta imagine that out of every 1000 copy of the Box there will be one that's haunted... the eyes on the discs will sometimes close at night, blink whenever you only see them from the corner of your eyes, and when look you at them after having looked away for a while you'll see thet their pupils have moved and are now staring in your direction. When you try to forget about it the discs will escape from the box and when you go for a snack at night you'll find them suddenly lying in the fridge looking at you or they will appear behind you in the mirror.
Also when you watch the discs and complain about the quality of the the upscale the eye on the disc will begin to cry and you have to open the tray as fast as possible before the tears will result in water damage to your BD player. And when you complain about that all eyes will eventually disappear from everywhere on the Box and in the episodes themselves the characters will also cease to have eyes, but only if you watch them alone.

PonyoBellanote

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, it all looks pretty at first, yeah. But so did the Movie Box.. design wise pretty, I was so hyped about it, but as the days passed I realize the picture quality was bad and not worth it :I Same's gonna happen with this, and we've already seen a glimpse of how crappy it will be

viperzerof-2

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
oh boy that Eye thing is clever, props to them for being creative.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Back to the eyes though, I gotta imagine that out of every 1000 copy of the Box there will be one that's haunted... the eyes on the discs will sometimes close at night, blink whenever you only see them from the corner of your eyes, and when look you at them after having looked away for a while you'll see thet their pupils have moved and are now staring in your direction. When you try to forget about it the discs will escape from the box and when you go for a snack at night you'll find them suddenly lying in the fridge looking at you or they will appear behind you in the mirror.
Also when you watch the discs and complain about the quality of the the upscale the eye on the disc will begin to cry and you have to open the tray as fast as possible before the tears will result in water damage to your BD player. And when you complain about that all eyes will eventually disappear from everywhere on the Box and in the episodes themselves the characters will also cease to have eyes, but only if you watch them alone.

I lol'd.

The eyes do seem a little odd, but also kind of creative. It's interesting to note that half of them have those little black triangles on either side.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The eyes are something we wouldn't have expected. But they are interesting.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like the eye CDs too. I would have never expected something that creative.

@TMS I think that is just Kenji watanbe's style, maybe it's supposed to be a signature of Digimon like the weird Koromon Antennas and Botamon eyes.

Stuart444

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I pre-ordered the BD on Amazon JP while I waited to decide if I wanted it or not. When I saw this the other day, it cemented that I was keeping my order. Looks too good.

Just under a month til it's due out. :D

Togemon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoa. Gorgeous! I love the eye thing with the CD covers. Brilliant idea with whoever came up with that idea. This really makes me wish I had more money to spend of things like this.