Digimon Adventure 20th Anniversary Memorial Stories Discussion Thread

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
memorialstory01_header_august20_2019.jpg

The Digimon Adventure 20th Anniversary Memorial Stories Project backer Blu-Rays were shipped in December to the backers of the project. Some users have started to receive their copies so it is time for a discussion thread!

The Memory Story shorts are side stories to Kizuna that were made to be shown as purchase bonus' in the mini theater room attached to the LB Pop-Up Theater, but the Blu-ray was done as a bonus for the 20th anniversary.

This thread covers Memorial Stories 2 to 5.

2: Hole in the Heart
3: Medical Student, Jou Kido
4: The Jogress Evolution of Dreams
5: The Shibuya-ish Heroic Saga of Pump and Gotsu

The prequel to Kizuna short, Memorial Short 1: To Sora was streamed almost a year ago (1st Feb 2020). The episode thread can be found here. It is still streaming for those who want to view it.

The usual rules apply, do not ask where to find the shorts or ask people to post them

Last edited:

Pimsan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Think we will get more of those shorts in the near future?

Digitama

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I watched it all and i liked it. It's fantastic with nice visuals.
Nice to see Sora and Joe as they didn't appear much in the movie.
Palmon and Piyomon trying hard to jogress together was also funny.
So glad to watch this and maybe we'll get much in the future.

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just having the original Adventure soundtrack makes me appreciate these specials a lot more. You know the mood of the scene just by hearing the music. I wonder why they used them here, but not in Tri.

Wasn't expecting Hole in the Heart to take place during Kizuna. It looks more like a deleted scene. It's always nice to see Agumon and Gabumon bonding. The friendship among Digimon isn't something we get that much. Who's going to pay for that hole, Agumon?

The special about Jou is hilarious, as you'd expect about something with Gomamon in it. Who knew Digimon watched Grey's Anatomy?
The scene with the bus was scary. Can you imagine going through all those dangerous adventures just to have your Digimon parter die (in the real world for that matter) in a car accident?

The jogress special is visually stunning. The animation was really good too. We finally get to see the multi-colored Digital World's jungle and overly-saturated tones with white splatters all over that we got used to in the first two seasons. It really looked amazing. The new Jogress is really scary. What should we call it? WingStingermon? PricklyBirdmon? Don't let Mimi see it, though.

Pump and Gotsu are back, but they are not Shibuya-type Digimon anymore. Even they grew up, huh?

Naal

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just watched it and it was pretty entertaining.
Maybe this is the vibe we could get if Digimon meets slice-of-life genre.

Vittorini

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hole in The Heart was as fun as it was depressing.

The Jou one was really nice but, I agree, the accident scene was horrific.

Thank Omegamon, the last two are just stupid, but in a really good and fun way.

Now let’s hope for more post-Kizuna stuff ! :D

digigirl02

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I enjoyed them with Joe and Gomamon being my favorite out of them all. It was also nice to see Gatsumon and Pumpkinmon again. Gabumon’s line when he learned that they faked their death was great.

Last edited:

Ricardolindo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know To Sora takes place one day before Kizuna and Hole in the Heart takes place during Kizuna. Do we know when the others take place?