Digimon Adventure: (2020) theories/speculation thread

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's a good theory, as we don't have a clue why Goddramon and Holydramon would be needed. I don't think they'll go the "don't have strenght to achieve the true form" with those two, as Patamon managed to access Angemon again and Tailmon didn't have that same problem.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omigosh, I just had a thought. At the end of today's episode we saw Etemon and Volcamon chasing after the heroes trying to join them. At first I thought it was just meant to be comical but what if the pair actually show up later during the climax and Jogress into MetalEtemon? The ultimate combination of exercise and entertainment. That would be so wild and yet so awesome. XD

Deko-kun

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I am wondering since this August 1st it's a Sunday and an episode will probably be released. Could we have some special episode to celebrate first Digimon Adventure show?
A small crossover would definitely be interesting to see.

SnowAgumonGemini

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’ve been thinking a bit more and have come up with another theory. It seems to me that there may be some sort of power from the Chosen Children’s crests that can have an affect on digivolution. It’s almost as if they have the power to provide “inspirational“ evolutions to unlock evolutionary paths. The strongest correlation I have to this theory is whenever Koushiro inspires Gerbemon’s assistant Tyumon and it evolves into Searchmon. This is just a theory, but this might also explain how Taichi’s MetalGreymon unlocks the alternate evolution path the BlitzGreymon having been inspired by Koushiro’s determination (many of Tentomon and its evolutions tend to use electric-themed techniques). With this theory in mind, could this be a possible explanation for Patamon and Tailmon’s alternate evolutions to Goddramon and Holydramon? Perhaps the two are affected and inspired by Taichi’s Crest of Courage and his and Agumon’s bravery might unlock their more dragon-like digivolutions? I look forward to future episodes to see if I might be on to something here. Even if not, I think it’s kind of an interesting idea and a way to give the Chosen a Culumon-like ability.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I could see that happening. It makes a bit of sense. Reminds me of how they made Leomon evo back in the first version.

Brubarb

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’ve been thinking a bit more and have come up with another theory. It seems to me that there may be some sort of power from the Chosen Children’s crests that can have an affect on digivolution. It’s almost as if they have the power to provide “inspirational“ evolutions to unlock evolutionary paths. The strongest correlation I have to this theory is whenever Koushiro inspires Gerbemon’s assistant Tyumon and it evolves into Searchmon. This is just a theory, but this might also explain how Taichi’s MetalGreymon unlocks the alternate evolution path the BlitzGreymon having been inspired by Koushiro’s determination (many of Tentomon and its evolutions tend to use electric-themed techniques). With this theory in mind, could this be a possible explanation for Patamon and Tailmon’s alternate evolutions to Goddramon and Holydramon? Perhaps the two are affected and inspired by Taichi’s Crest of Courage and his and Agumon’s bravery might unlock their more dragon-like digivolutions? I look forward to future episodes to see if I might be on to something here. Even if not, I think it’s kind of an interesting idea and a way to give the Chosen a Culumon-like ability.
Very interesting! Your theory sounds plausible like it could actually happen!

Ragnalord

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like the final boss will be something even more.. Larger than ZeedMillennuimon.

That eye thing that appeared looks like a evil baby level digimon that will transform into something hideous and larger than zeed, that thing already has the power of opening dimensions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I bet the real villain is disguised as Leomon XD

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After
I feel like the final boss will be something even more.. Larger than ZeedMillennuimon.

That eye thing that appeared looks like a evil baby level digimon that will transform into something hideous and larger than zeed, that thing already has the power of opening dimensions.

I didn't expect ZeedMillenniummon's sudden appearance after Millenniummon's revival within two episodes along with MoonMillenniummon. Three forms in one go. But I really suspect something about this. Everybody saying this Millenniummon with no personality like others even DarkKnightmon made me realized, was it Millenniummon "infected" every single Digimon with black lightning made them go derpy IQ like Aqua of Konosuba and the certain village? lol

Nah ahem the true reason... I posted... What ever happened to Vademon cult? Did they died as Millenniummon's revival exploded in light that KILLED THEM? It seemed that way to me... So the last one who was witnessed during Omegamon's second arrival after Niddhogmon's death... I'm sure it is another OP artificial Digimon as Digimon meme never dies eh?

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I realized there's a potential to see Devimon corrupt Goddramon into Megidramon and it's something I think can be very fun to see if Adventure: utilizes Devimon more in the future

Imperial

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My current theory is that the true evil got what it wanted in the last battle. The planet itself got involved, revealing itself. And that entity will play a role going forward. And that entity's name is Gaiamon.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I realized there's a potential to see Devimon corrupt Goddramon into Megidramon and it's something I think can be very fun to see if Adventure: utilizes Devimon more in the future

Megidramon would be a bit random. Plus one great dragon turning into the other would seem off.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Muur it would still be cool to see a Devimon corruption of Goddramon like I assume DoneDevimon would be for Seraphimon if you can think of any

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm So SataDramon? We already have Devidramon at Adult level too bad... Needs better naming...

I feel this final boss will be just another Apocalymon style final boss and the digivice will seal/null it for sure lol
But nah it's really hard to predict since we completely lacked any clues because all chaos caused were pointed at Millenniummon and those cult. Besides the mysterious one who was witnessed during Nidhoggmon's death. I'm surprised Gennai DIDN'T SHOW UP. But I guess Wisemon took his place?

But... Damn. After Millenniummon forms, I was completely assuming MarineChimeramon and other Composite types might be new armies since he revived and birthed Griffomon... :/ That was another theory of mine collapsed AGAIN.

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello all! Found that image about Patamon and his evos and got me thinking.

d0695401f42df1f15f9f173118246700795da9b1.jpg

Angemon was Seraphimon and Seraphimon got corrupted by the miasma so he became for a bit ShadowSeraphimon. Devimon could be that infection.

So I believe that:
  • Devimon alone trying a Mega form = DanDevimon
  • Devimon/Corrupted Miasma with Angemon/Seraphimon = ShadowSeraphimon who will eventually become Daemon.
So my theory of Devimon needing Angemon to become Daemon is not farfetched. Maybe becfore Angemon becomes Seraphimon again, he will first become ShadowSeraphimon/Daemon and then will reach true Mega Seraphimon.

@Muur it would still be cool to see a Devimon corruption of Goddramon like I assume DoneDevimon would be for Seraphimon if you can think of any
Only Evil dragon I can think is Megidramon. As for Seraphimon see my theory above.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@AngelOmega you didn't really explain your reasoning to why you theorize Daemon in particular to be involved

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@AngelOmega you didn't really explain your reasoning to why you theorize Daemon in particular to be involved
Yes you are right. I thought now that since Devimon is sentient now when Patamon becomes ShadowSeraphimon, Devimon will speed the process and ShadowSeraphimon will turn to Daemon for a brief time. According to ShadowSeraphimon's profile if his condition goes for long he will turn to Daemon. That's the reason that I believe why he could appear.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My new theory!

Yggdrasil abandoned or mysteriously vanished or didn't exist here on this digital world which is why it became the survival of the fittest with loose evil ones roaming around even some of them made it though the human world to cause disasters.

Yggdrasil's secret base was abandoned and eventually it got discovered and remodeled by the researchers including Wisemon.
They kept researching and there was no results on the most studies because the Crests only required the Chosen ones to access it.
The secret buried so deep on the Crests and mysteriously reactivated then those Crests were waiting for somebody who happens to witness it upon.

uhh that's it.

I think ten Ancient Warriors died and they made the statues to pay the respects even to others who engaged in the great war including WarGreymon to Vikemon besides all Angel/Holy types.

Wish they tell the whole story on that past war and how did they manage to beat Millenniummon/Moon/Zeed forms.

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wish they tell the whole story on that past war and how did they manage to beat Millenniummon/Moon/Zeed forms.
Meet too. Hope Ghoulmon shows us more in a flashback. Nice theory by the way.

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sooo.... I had a really random idea. If the suspected sequel is a reboot of 02 and it's set in 2022, it could be called Digimon Adventure:22. Stylizing the logo with the text between the digits, it could be read as 2 Digimon Adventure: 2. It would continue with the same cast, but the gimmick would be each kid gets a new partner and it would focus on the mutual partners Jogressing.

I know the timeskip wouldn't be the same as the original, but there were a lot of 2s coinciding. And I didn't really think how the 02 children would fit in this.