Digimon Adventure: (2020) theories/speculation thread

shadowmaria

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After watching this week's episode, I think that we're going to see Diaboromon at some stage, especially as that mono-eye Digimon in the darkness has a similar colour palette and mild similarities to Keramon.

Additionally, I'm hoping we see Devimon digivolve to Myotismon to Piedmon, to have that line realised in a new way on-screen, which pays homage to the original anime and allows for a proper threat.

In Tri. 6, Dark Gennai teased Daemon and Diaboromon. I've had a theory for a while that Dark Gennai can cross dimensions, and that the reboot is going to eventually culminate with that tease paying off in a cross-dimensional manner. Would also explain why the tease never went anywhere in that dimension, and why Dark Gennai was also never really explained, especially with the real Gennai appearing in Kizuna without Tai batting an eyelid. Kinda like what happened in Xros Wars, but on a much grander Adventure fan-service-y way. This may also lead to the 02 epilogue in the original dimension, but I know that this sentence is particularly reaching.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Additionally, I'm hoping we see Devimon digivolve to Myotismon to Piedmon, to have that line realised in a new way on-screen, which pays homage to the original anime and allows for a proper threat.
To be honest, seeing as we've already introduced our first Mega in Adventure: with Nidhoggmon, I'd much rather the fight against Devimon just have him Warp to NeoVamdemon - especially as they're laying on the Xros Wars Digimon a bit thick this season. :unsure:

shadowmaria

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I
To be honest, seeing as we've already introduced our first Mega in Adventure: with Nidhoggmon, I'd much rather the fight against Devimon just have him Warp to NeoVamdemon - especially as they're laying on the Xros Wars Digimon a bit thick this season. :unsure:
I've never watched Xros Wars, but I just looked up NeoVamdemon, and hecking heck he looks incredible design-wise, so I'd love to see it

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When Digimon Analyzer displaying, do you guys think it's kinda facts or comedy? Like pointing out Birdramon's "special area" cushion for not getting caught in her attacks while riding and Togemon's mouth being filled up with sand if she isn't closing the mouth?

I think Valdurmon is on verge of death but she/he is still observing those chosen children but well hidden from the evil armies. My guess is, Devimon is at the destined location where Ogremon signaled at but cannot find it only the digivices have the secrets to guide to the holy one.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In Tri. 6, Dark Gennai teased Daemon and Diaboromon. I've had a theory for a while that Dark Gennai can cross dimensions, and that the reboot is going to eventually culminate with that tease paying off in a cross-dimensional manner.
That'd actually be an awesome way to make this both a reboot and a pseudo-sequel.
It kinda reminds me of how Doctor Who Audios will use previous Doctors, but use villains from the future to achieve a similar effect.
EDIT: Of course, it'd have to be done in a way that didn't alienate first time watchers.

shadowmaria

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In Tri. 6, Dark Gennai teased Daemon and Diaboromon. I've had a theory for a while that Dark Gennai can cross dimensions, and that the reboot is going to eventually culminate with that tease paying off in a cross-dimensional manner.
That'd actually be an awesome way to make this both a reboot and a pseudo-sequel.
It kinda reminds me of how Doctor Who Audios will use previous Doctors, but use villains from the future to achieve a similar effect.
EDIT: Of course, it'd have to be done in a way that didn't alienate first time watchers.
Love the DW reference, not gonna lie.

And precisely. Xros Wars has already established that it can be done, but this allows for it to be done in a way that is less ... forced, I guess you could say? Again, I've never seen Xros Wars myself, so I don't know how well foreshadowed it was, but definitely felt it

Fenrys

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After watching this week's episode, I think that we're going to see Diaboromon at some stage, especially as that mono-eye Digimon in the darkness has a similar colour palette and mild similarities to Keramon.

In Tri. 6, Dark Gennai teased Daemon and Diaboromon. I've had a theory for a while that Dark Gennai can cross dimensions, and that the reboot is going to eventually culminate with that tease paying off in a cross-dimensional manner. Would also explain why the tease never went anywhere in that dimension, and why Dark Gennai was also never really explained, especially with the real Gennai appearing in Kizuna without Tai batting an eyelid. Kinda like what happened in Xros Wars, but on a much grander Adventure fan-service-y way. This may also lead to the 02 epilogue in the original dimension, but I know that this sentence is particularly reaching.
Gennai showing up in Kizuna without Tai batting an eye isn't really that odd since if you look at the pods that the season 2 kids were in, Gennai is in one of them. Basically, Dark Gennai was a corrupted clone (kind of like how Gennai had a bunch of clones in season 2, but evil) that served King Drasil/Yggdrasil.

SnowWarren

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
- Maybe, after his defeat instead of being destroyed, Devimon reverts to Demidevimon and goes to work for the next big bad while scheming to reclaim his lost power.
- Devimon refers to Angemon as an old friend so it might be cool if Devimon himself was once a holy digimon who fell to darkness.
- Maybe the miasma has to do with the X antibody and thats the evolution Devimon keeps talking about.
- Leomon surviving to the end obviously.
- If we're talking enhancements then maybe Wargreymon getting Victorygreymon's sword.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it would be very interesting to see Devimon devolves to Picodevimon or Tsukaimon because he said to Angemon "My old friend" meaning they may be comrades in that ancient war or not.

To be honest, it's very hard to predict this story of Adventure 2020 because the villains now can evolve. I was thrown off along with my theories destroyed in one go. lol

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a theory on Angemon's (and presumably Tailmon's) power level: his title of "Holy Digimon" comes in part from being able to keep the power level of his highest achieved evolution, limited only by how much the stage he's currently in is capable of handling. As it's implied he's the same Seraphimon from the flashback, he has Ultimate level power and abilities. This would exlpain some of his OP feats, like nuking Devimon's castle from hatching from the Digitama and generating an Ultimate-class shield as Tokomon.

Brubarb

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still think that Skullknightmon is fallen Gatomon. One reason is that Skullknightmon is actually an important antagonist of some sort, whereas Maildramon is just it's steed. Another reason is how Hikari reacts to it. When Darknightmon tried to grab her in the beginning of the episode, she wasn't scared. It seemed like they were communicating, much like in the end when it kidnaps her, she stares and willingly follows it. The third reason is based on my brother's analysis of the Wikimon website. Skullknightmon is a jogress between Knightmon and two others. Black Gatomon can digivolve to Knightmon.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the theory that it was Millenniummon that was talking to Hikari and SkullKnightmon can take her to that voice is more probable.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I saw part of that on Twitter just yesterday oddly enough. It's a maybe.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been thinking about the possibility of this reboot actually being connected to the original Adventure universe more than we might believe.
I absolutely feel that there should be a connection to the original continuity, but maybe that shouldn't be confirmed anytime soon to make it easy for new kids to get into the story. I just don't see why Kizuna would end on a cliffhanger so close to this new series if there were no connection.

A bit late replying to these, but here's a theory I came up with that connects to series to the movie; Adventure: will eventually turn out to be a stealth sequel to Kizuna.

Marking in spoilers, for those who haven't seen the movie; (not that it will matter in the extremely unlikely event that this turns out to be true)

It's the year 2020 in the main Adventure timeline. After Kizuna's events and the original team being seperated from their Digimon, the Chosen Ones have somehow found their way back to Neverland and reunited with their partners. Who or what called them there? Probably the final villain of the show, because this will end up being a part of their plan somehow.

My theory also relates to the fake Tokyo seen in Adventure: Episode 16, with that being our earliest hint at the entire series turning out to be one big hallucination shared between the Chosen and their Digimon while trapped in Neverland.

How do they break free from the hallucination? Is the villain's goal to siphon power from the frequent evolutions of the partner Digimon? Whatever the case may be, I think the Chosen Ones regressing to their childhood selves in their minds (Edit: while also behaving more like mini adults than kids) might explain the lack of character development we've seen so far :p

Last edited:

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So like, with the revelation that Tailmon was SkullKnightmon, a thought just occured in my head - "who was sending the angel feathers that caused Omegamon to appear twice over?"

I always assumed it was Angemon and Angewomon since they always went to Takeru and Hikari but given the recent reveal that seems increasingly unlikely.

We know it can't have been Cherubimon since Lopmon said he was dormant until the kids met him. Obviously wouldn't have been Devimon (who was presumably either Slash or ClavisAngemon). Valdurmon or Rasielmon maybe? Whoever it was, I hope they address that as now that's going to start nagging at me.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tailmon's consciousness was still within SkullKnightmon. That's what Hikari heard calling to her.

Pinkcrane

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So new theory/ hope- we get a second season of the digimon 2020. The first season is spent on finding the holy digimon to then the season finale coming face to face with millenniumon? Silly theory ... but I kinda wonder

Eitaroutarouman

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They already have the holy Digimon. Valdurmon explicitely and specifically told them to find the "light and hope" and nothing about the other angels.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speculation on the triggers for the alternate evolutions hinted/previewed by the Digivive toy:

CresGarurumon:
If they replicate BlitzGreymon's trigger of ambiental adaptation, I think a fitting scenario would be WereGarurumon fighting in a underground, narrow cave with Chrondigizoit/Huanglong Ore, as it would favor a bipedal form and the ore would be the external input for the evolution.

Holydramon:
This one could go two ways. Either a "low energy" evolution like Pegasusmon or an adaptation like BlitzGreymon. I don't have a clear idea of an ambient/sittuation where Holydramon would be a better option than Ophanimon. A marsh fits with some of Holydramon's powers, specially if there's a corrosive mist that would affect Ophanimon's armor / Angewomon's skin. An ocean could also work, using the armor as reasoning again, but it'd be weird because Angewomon debuted underwater just fine. Unless strong currents are the issue?