Digimon Adventure: (2020) theories/speculation thread

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting. That could be a way to shoehorn in Willis as well (as he has the third great angel as a partner).

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That might be fun. Plus we have wondered if they could fir the 02 kids in somehow. ...And Meiko. But Whatchu' talkin' bout might be one of the only none main cast that could fit in. He was in a movie.

Deyan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A different theory about Patamon, and Tailmon, possible roles:

When Koushiro's tablet gets connected to the Digivice:, a screen with "The Choosen One -wiseman- WISDOM STONE" appears, showing the kids are Chosen and not simply Tamers in this continuity. While we don't know who's behind it yet, Omegamon's evolution is implied to be intervention from a higher power channeling the Hope and Light crests. This is symbolized by the feathers falling into Takeru and Hikari hands, same feathers which are present in the opening, mostly shown along with these two.

So my theory is that Patamon and Tailmon will actually be part of whatever big force of good is responsible for choosing the kids, maybe devolved from higher stages or even reverted back to eggs to become partners and directly help the kids.
This is an amazing idea, I really hope we see something similar implemented. I love these angels so much...

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't really have theories or speculation towards the series itself at the moment. But I have developed headcanons for characters that we may not see this series. That being the tri. and 02 crew.

WIth Yamato now in Shimane and the other kids live in different parts away from Odaiba. It’s really a nice invitation to come up with so many headcanons for the characters from the adventure series. So, I didn’t hesitate to go wild. ^^

Daigo and Maki:
They are still special agents that watch over any potential kids that are chosen, especially during the time where technology is so widespread. They had their adventure in 1999, But Bakumon wasn't lost. No one lost their Digimon. But Daigo and the others in a sense lost them because they can never see them again due to be deities. Maki and Bakumon are the only ones that stay together.
Maki works as a School superintendent as her main job. Daigo is still in calligraphy, both use those positions to help keep watch over the kids.

Meiko:
Meiko still lives in Tottori with her family and Plotmon, Meicoomon's Child form. Meiko's family visits Tokyo for a week for her dad's job. He still works for the Tokyo government, the latest incident that Taichi and Yamato took care of is what brings him to Tokyo. Something on that scale eventually brings importance for him to be there, so he decides to stay there and her mom decides in Tottori. Meiko isn't sure what she wants to do and ultimately decides to stay in Tokyo with her dad.

Daisuke, Miyako, Iori: These three live in an apartment complex not far from where Meiko lives. All three are neighbors and meet Meiko the night their family first visits.

Osamu and Ken:
Osamu and Meiko go to the same school, which leads them to become friends. Osamu comes off as distant, but it's only because he's so focused on his school work. He will join the others when they get together, but only as keeping an eye on Ken.

Ken enjoys playing with the others, although a bit shy.