Digimon Adventure: (2020) theories/speculation thread

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting. That could be a way to shoehorn in Willis as well (as he has the third great angel as a partner).

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That might be fun. Plus we have wondered if they could fir the 02 kids in somehow. ...And Meiko. But Whatchu' talkin' bout might be one of the only none main cast that could fit in. He was in a movie.

Deyan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A different theory about Patamon, and Tailmon, possible roles:

When Koushiro's tablet gets connected to the Digivice:, a screen with "The Choosen One -wiseman- WISDOM STONE" appears, showing the kids are Chosen and not simply Tamers in this continuity. While we don't know who's behind it yet, Omegamon's evolution is implied to be intervention from a higher power channeling the Hope and Light crests. This is symbolized by the feathers falling into Takeru and Hikari hands, same feathers which are present in the opening, mostly shown along with these two.

So my theory is that Patamon and Tailmon will actually be part of whatever big force of good is responsible for choosing the kids, maybe devolved from higher stages or even reverted back to eggs to become partners and directly help the kids.
This is an amazing idea, I really hope we see something similar implemented. I love these angels so much...

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't really have theories or speculation towards the series itself at the moment. But I have developed headcanons for characters that we may not see this series. That being the tri. and 02 crew.

WIth Yamato now in Shimane and the other kids live in different parts away from Odaiba. It’s really a nice invitation to come up with so many headcanons for the characters from the adventure series. So, I didn’t hesitate to go wild. ^^

Daigo and Maki:
They are still special agents that watch over any potential kids that are chosen, especially during the time where technology is so widespread. They had their adventure in 1999, But Bakumon wasn't lost. No one lost their Digimon. But Daigo and the others in a sense lost them because they can never see them again due to be deities. Maki and Bakumon are the only ones that stay together.
Maki works as a School superintendent as her main job. Daigo is still in calligraphy, both use those positions to help keep watch over the kids.

Meiko:
Meiko still lives in Tottori with her family and Plotmon, Meicoomon's Child form. Meiko's family visits Tokyo for a week for her dad's job. He still works for the Tokyo government, the latest incident that Taichi and Yamato took care of is what brings him to Tokyo. Something on that scale eventually brings importance for him to be there, so he decides to stay there and her mom decides in Tottori. Meiko isn't sure what she wants to do and ultimately decides to stay in Tokyo with her dad.

Daisuke, Miyako, Iori: These three live in an apartment complex not far from where Meiko lives. All three are neighbors and meet Meiko the night their family first visits.

Osamu and Ken:
Osamu and Meiko go to the same school, which leads them to become friends. Osamu comes off as distant, but it's only because he's so focused on his school work. He will join the others when they get together, but only as keeping an eye on Ken.

Ken enjoys playing with the others, although a bit shy.

Alpha-Crimson

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A theory for you all built upon the latest trailer:

Considering it's revealed that their partners are indeed ancient warriors from a long-passed era of the Digital World, revived to save it again, the chances of the whole 'DOOM style soft reboot' theory are looking more and more likely. Top this with the involvement of Devimon, and an incredible scene comes to mind.

The fact that other versions of them have done this before is harrowing. It may make the kids feel like their actions are meaningless, and Devimon is sure to weaponize that. So the kids are gathered, the Chosen Children and their partners all ready to fight, against Devimon once again, and he tells them all how futile it is.

But they don't care. Because they did it before. They may not remember, but they know that all they have to do if they want to beat him is just be themselves and not give up. And as they tell him this- that's when Butter-Fly is used as an insert song, and everyone evolves to Adult level at once. Just as the first chorus ends, it gives us a shot identical to the final pose of the original opening.

rynldkrt

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope we'll finally get Ophanimon as Tailmon's mega this time based on what we've seen so far. Hopefully the showing of Ophanimon with the other angels and the fact that TK and Kari are related to the feather (Valdurmon's?) both imply something.

It would be weird if Patamon evolves into Seraphimon while Tailmon becomes Holydramon again this time if all the 8 Digimon are related to all Ultimates that have been shown in these flashback shadows so far. That could somehow hurt Kari's characterization and make her seem like less worthy than TK whose Digimon partner is kind of the male counterpart of Kari's or vice versa.

The question would be 'why can't Tailmon evolve into a high ranking angel like Patamon? Why does she evolve into Holydramon which seems like a 'lesser' Digimon instead?' And people love gender equality these days.

In a perfect world I'd like to see new megas (Bond of?) for everyone other than Agumon and Gabumon

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One interesting theory I've read on youtube is that Barbamon will be the main villain, based on its profile, which explicitely say it "can easily manipulate the Ultimate Deathmon in addition to Fallen Angel Digimon".

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure if I will post a new topic or here but also I wonder if I'm really paranoid or too much overthinking but anybody notice how Agumon evolve to Greymon evolution transformation actually have many references?

It is much closely to Saver Evolutions (Adult levels) vibes and its animation matches well to the level of Frontier evolution transformations.

But how I see some references in this Agumon to Greymon transformation:

When Agumon gets hit by the huge amounts of data river in zooming and rotating reminded me of Digimon Adventure 02's Armor evolution transformations when the D-Terminal opens and it shoots the beam at the D-3 to access the Armor evolution also some few parts of Warp Evolution at beginning.

The digivice showed up as this data river finishes "uploading" into Agumon reminded me of Warp Evolution at beginning.

New rings surrounding Agumon and Greymon standing on it at the center loosely resembles of Frontier Evolution Action base standings.

Agumon in process of evolving is pretty much same of Saver/Tamer evolutions for ripping off to replace with new skin layers plus feral eyes (Tamers)

Botamon, Koromon, even... Agumon displaying somewhat reminded me of Warp Evolution and Tamer evolution's Bio Merge showing their previous forms.

I don't see any Tri references too bad. But it still managed to look so different from all seasons. So refreshing. Hope this won't be abused all the way to the final episode if we have to be forced to watch this Agumon-Greymon repeatedly lol

Pinkcrane

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After looking at the poster what if the kids on the left side have already been or visited the digiworld and the kids on the right are just arriving ?
We can see that Matt and Mimi have already met their partners. We saw Tai, Izzy, and Sora met their partners for the first time. That would just leave Kari, T.K, and Joe.

PumpkinSin

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here's how I understand it: the battles in the first three episodes take place in a cyberspace that's much closer to the real world, or a passage between the digimon World and the Real World.Yagami Hikari and Takaishi Takeru didn't follow the others to digimon World . We all know that Omegamon's presence requires their strength. Maybe their power can't reach that far. Not to mention that this anime will feature a very large number of ultimate characters. So the Omegamon comes in early doesn't mean he'll be weakened or have an easy time of it.

Of course, the plot being so scripted does bother older viewers. It will make the fruits of everyone's hard work seem less precious.I also think the characters didn't show too much confusion and Communication to make the world seem real.Let's hope it's just because they want to end the prologue quickly. http://vjump.shueisha.co.jp/news/n07_20200525_01.html

PS:Why did they have to schedule Omegamon's entrance?Because everyone loves him.https://digimon.net/topic/detail.php?id=166

Chisana Minamoto

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, I noticed references to Tamers in episode 5... About the Digital World, the interlayer and ours. Mostly you went straight from world to world. I wonder if the ancient war will be something that will have references in previous series. Like Xros wars manga.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Re-watching the Tamers movies recently reminded me that Battle of the Adventurers started with an Omegamon vs Apocalymon fight and I wouldn't be surrpised if something similar happens here since Hacker's Memory treated Apocalymon as an "Ultra" level Digimon which could make an appropriate final opponent for Omegamon. :unsure:

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Apocalymon turned more likely after last episode. The time difference between the worlds was originally his doing, so if the one in the current series isn't natural, it might very well be because of him again.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When they reach their destination after gathered 6 chosen ones together to recruit Patamon and Tailmon. I bet meeting them might trigger the digivices to summon Holy kids who are still in human world. But I wonder which revived all those chosen digimons? Digitama programming or Digivices? Holy light element Or Digimon's special abilities to grant revival like Anubismon, Valkyrimon etc? I'm surprised nobody brought this up!

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a feeling that they will place Dorumon in the show somewhere and it will be a major role. Dorumon and his lines are all very, very popular in Japan. Maybe if he will be at the end of the season, but they probably will do it while the iron is hot.

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Presumably Devimon is going to be on Cloud Continent.
It'd be cool if in this continuity he's actually a corrupted Patamon that has to be turned from the dark.
I only wonder since there must be a reason why Gatomon and Patamon can't just be paired up with TK and Kari like the others.