Digimon Adventure: (2020) theories/speculation thread

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had a theory I wanted to post about and figured might as well make a topic for speculation in general.

With the pre-release profiles making vague references to an "ancient war on the net" that involved Patamon's evolution, I've been thinking about the possibility of this reboot actually being connected to the original Adventure universe more than we might believe.

Next episode, we know we're getting
Algomon Ultimate (Mega)
and the opening already features Omegamon. I'm wondering if they might actually manage to form Omegamon already to defeat it next episode. Obviously not as a thing they can just form at any time, but as a one-off miracle to defeat such a strong opponent.

What if Taichi and Yamato then have some sort of vision or flashback to the events of Our War Game and Omegamon's original formation? Or possibly such a vision is the catalyst for forming Omegamon this time?

In addition, Mimi and Yamato's original voice actors said their roles in this series would be surprising. I wonder if they might actually be Mimi and Yamato from the original universe.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
hmm...my thought on Patamon and "ancient war on the net" may be another version of Frontier where Patamon's ultimate/mega Seraphmon fought against Lucemon (indirectly of course) and his minions which I'm very happy if something like that happens to this version of Digimon Adventure. It has been a while since we last see a good, powerful and interesting villain too...

gambitprime

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
About Omegamon I think he could appear in the second episode, but not the partner of Taichi & Yamato

I mean, could be Omegamon as a Royal Knight and go to help the kids due to the massive difference of power between Algomon (ultimate) and Greymon & Garurumon

Other theory is Algomon has defeated the digidestined (perhaps Wallace is among them) from USA

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I suspect Algomon spawns were deployed on the purpose to attack the human world's network and it may be Algomon Perfect's plan or new villain's evil plan. Maybe the new hacker as the first villain or evil human because of his knowledge on human world allow this destruction happened.

But knowing America's fate, it's probably first source that already spread over the whole world from there. It's odd the America News didn't reach Japan about this "Cyber terrorist attack"... Unless if they were released at same time however America happened to have no digimon there to protect or maybe America's network happens to have so huge data that made Algomon multiplied like crazy.

Seer

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I absolutely feel that there should be a connection to the original continuity, but maybe that shouldn't be confirmed anytime soon to make it easy for new kids to get into the story. I just don't see why Kizuna would end on a cliffhanger so close to this new series if there were no connection.

gambitprime

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I absolutely feel that there should be a connection to the original continuity, but maybe that shouldn't be confirmed anytime soon to make it easy for new kids to get into the story. I just don't see why Kizuna would end on a cliffhanger so close to this new series if there were no connection.
Well, Taichi asked Agumon why he knows him, so perhaps that could be the answer

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It won't be connected at all. It would be making things needlessly complicated.

JasperGunner02

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
SkullGreymon could be connected to the ancient war mentioned in some of the profiles. It'd be the perfect (har har) place to slot him in!

Seer

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It won't be connected at all. It would be making things needlessly complicated.
No more than the return of all previous protagonists in Fusion, I'd say. Adult Taichi and the new Taichi would be pretty easy to tell apart. The crust of Kizuna's cliffhanger - Taichi aiming for a reunion with Agumon - would be quite easy to grasp. The other characters wouldn't even need to do much.

dgmn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, that theory does not sound that far fetched when you look at the early information about digimon from this reboot. Maybe they'll literary try to reboot the human timeline or at least make it so that the original '99 crew somehow someplace after Kizuna got their childhood back by actions of some unknown force in order to preserve their status but with their memories erased.

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man...
I really hope not.
I want this to be a new continuity

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If it wasn't shonen it'd be possible. It's a shonen aimed at kids. Kizuna was a seinen. They're not the same genre

gambitprime

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see this theory a lot in YouTube, and I think this is very interesting and could help the famous theory about Dukemon being the narrator of the story

When Koushiro is receiving messages about the missile attack, an avatar from one of his "contacts" is very similar to the PawnChessmon's helmet

I know they aren't the same evolutive line, but both use medieval armours, so why not this is a hint about Royal Knight Dukemon helping the kids ?

P.S. I want to share a picture to help with the description, but was impossible :/

P.S. 2 Sorry if this was talked before

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice catch on the avatar, but gonna say its way more likely that one the future episodes would feature the pawn type digimon as a focus when tension dies down and it starts gettin more episodic.
Relating pawnchessmon to dukemon is kind of a leap

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If it wasn't shonen it'd be possible. It's a shonen aimed at kids. Kizuna was a seinen. They're not the same genre
It's the same franchise...I don't see how the intended audience influences whether or not it can exist. I can totally see why people wouldn't want to see it, but i's totally a plausible theory. With movies like Dragon Quest, and games like Final Fantasy, there's a recent meta trend that I'm noticing where reboots or adaptations of previous material aren't exactly what they seem.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's the same franchise...I don't see how the intended audience influences whether or not it can exist. I can totally see why people wouldn't want to see it, but i's totally a plausible theory. With movies like Dragon Quest, and games like Final Fantasy, there's a recent meta trend that I'm noticing where reboots or adaptations of previous material aren't exactly what they seem.
Doesnt mean all products are aimed at the same people, though

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A different theory about Patamon, and Tailmon, possible roles:

When Koushiro's tablet gets connected to the Digivice:, a screen with "The Choosen One -wiseman- WISDOM STONE" appears, showing the kids are Chosen and not simply Tamers in this continuity. While we don't know who's behind it yet, Omegamon's evolution is implied to be intervention from a higher power channeling the Hope and Light crests. This is symbolized by the feathers falling into Takeru and Hikari hands, same feathers which are present in the opening, mostly shown along with these two.

So my theory is that Patamon and Tailmon will actually be part of whatever big force of good is responsible for choosing the kids, maybe devolved from higher stages or even reverted back to eggs to become partners and directly help the kids.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had a similar idea about reverted partners before. So I could see this.