Digimon 2162 (RP)

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Sep 4, 2015
Messages
1,429
Location
Germany
(ambient music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8ELH4jxPl8)

In the Year 2012 NASA picked up on massive activities in Cosmic radiation on the Suns surface and before we even know a solar flare was heading our way.
The Elite of our scientists worked day and night for solutions, but it was already to late.
The solar flare had arrived and with it came a world wide EMP, frying all electronics around the globe.
Communication and Technology was lost, society fell into war and riots.

What we didn´t realize was that this EMP not only affected us but also another world, a world compromised of Data, a mirror reflection of Mankinds own technology.
Naturally the Event that caused the destruction of our tech caused in that other world huge distortions.
First only a couple of the creature from the other world leaked over and soon the land changed too. both worlds began to overlap,
within two years the distortions reached it´s climax and our world and their world became one.

it was like mankind has been thrown back into Stoneage.


That was 150 years ago.
Mankind has recovered from this ordeal, even though the world never gonna be the same again.
Those Digital Monster still roam the world and human civilization only exists in small numbers in
secluded save citys.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

--Neo Chicago/File Forest Outskirts--


The City of Neo Chicago is one of those save citys.
One of the last save citys of the former USA, or as the monsters claim Folder Continent.
The few hundred sole survivors of the former North states have gathered here, working hand in hand.

You have been selected for a scouting mission into an unknown part of File Forest,
scans show that this area shoud still hold some important resources like Titanium and Aluminium.
You gather your gear and make your way to the Garage, the spot where you are supposed to gather.
upon your arrival you see Charlie, the Chief of defense for Neo Chicago, he was asigned to lead your team on the scouting mission, funded by a high society member.

"your okay with coming with us on the field Mr. Owens, it can be a bit rough out there"
Charlie said while facing Reginald.
"well anyway seems like our team is arriving aswell"

"Yo Sarah, Jeb"
the Chief nods to you "i´m sorry to get you into this, but you know we are running low on people" Charlie points at the dog tags he is wearing on his necklace.
he turns to Sarah "i know it´s your first real tour into the danger zone, so don´t get cocky kay?" he then turns to Jeb "i hope your experience in the field will be of use, just say a word if you notice any of the monsters"
Charlie heads to the Jeep "get ready then we head out" and takes the drivers seat.

"Hey there" you turn around to see another familiar face, it´s George heading out of the garage building "Good luck out there, it should be a breeze" he pats Sarah on the head "don´t forget what i teached you, you don´t wanna embarace me right kiddo?"
"and don´t get killed either Jeb, can´t drink those beers alone, we loners must hold together right?"
 
Last edited:

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Oct 10, 2014
Messages
748
Location
Portugal
Sarah fixed her cap, she wasn't too keep on venturing into the wild but she knew it had to be done, plus of course they would pick her, she's good at her job, if anything it's a compliment.

"Yeah, I won't let you down, what's the worst that could happen?", she says as she grips her pistol lightly, "Let's hope it doesn't come around to this..."

As she glances around, she finds her new boss, a fancy guy called "Reginald", she waves around still with gun in hand.

"Woo-ooooh! Mister Regi! Here! Let's get going!" She shouts, nudging Jeb in the arm to hurry him up.
 
Last edited:

Anna___

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
224
Age
19
Location
Greece (A.K.A The place with old, boring, historic
Reginald waved his hand around with a small smile on his face.

"Nonsense, Chief. I trust that you and your team will be able to handle whatever comes our way. After all, you are some of the best in your fields, no?"

He slightly cringed at that nickname. Then he slowly turned towards the direction the sound came from. There he spotted the petite girl that was calling out to him. She looked very young. Should she even be here in the first place?

"Yes, I'm coming, dear. No need to get all worked up." he assured her.

When he reached her, he gently grabbed her gun-holding hand and pointed it downwards.

"You shouldn't wave that around. We don't want to accidentally hurt someone now, do we?" he reprimanded, flashing her a concerned smile. Gun-safety was always a must when handling them, in Reginald's mind.

He approached the imposing jeep and took the passenger's seat, next to Charlie. He turned towards the back of the car, facing his fellow passengers.

"Hello! I suppose you might know me. I am Sir Reginald D. Owens II, the one who funded this mission. You may call me Mr. Owens or simply Reginald. I am delighted to be working with you!" he said and directed a little bow at them.

"What might your names be? Your specialties?" he happily inquired.
 
Last edited:

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
811
Age
29
Jeb smirks at George. "What, are you trying to jinx me? It's just a little scouting." Trying to reassure himself, too. He was expecting to be spending a calm day closer to his gardens, not out in no-man's land where even he hadn't surveyed. The commotion brings him back to the moment. "Guess I should get going. If I do die, you'll have to pour one out for me." He raises his hand in a slight wave and starts toward the vehicle.

He scans the room to see who all has gathered. Just himself, Charlie, Georgie's apprentice, and...some dandy? Short on bodies, indeed. He takes a seat on the left and places his shotgun across his lap.

So this rich guy wanted the mission? So that's why Chuck is doing this.
Amused by Owens' fancy introduction, Jeb replies, "Name's Jeb. I'm a farmer. What's your specialty?"
 

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Oct 10, 2014
Messages
748
Location
Portugal
Sarah got her gun down and blanked for a moment, yup, she should have not waved a gun around.

"OH! Yeah, it's locked... but you got a point there boss."

She already embarrassed herself in front of her overseer, guess she'll never move up in the world now. She was deep in thought with ideals of what misery she brought on herself when Reginald asked her a question, she popped her head back and starred blankly.

"Oh, I'm Sarah, or Rey, call me whatever you like, your the boss, I'm the mechanic and I can handle a gun myself quite well, not that I hope I will need this though." She says once again pointing the gun upwards.
 

Anna___

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
224
Age
19
Location
Greece (A.K.A The place with old, boring, historic
"Very nice to meet both of you, Mr. Jeb, Miss Rey." he says with a smile and acknowledging each of them with a nod.

"Aha, Mr. Jeb I suppose you could say my specialty is conducting business." he quipped and giving a small laugh.

Going of Sarah's not wanting to use her gun, Reginald continued in a concerned tone "Speaking about weapons... Chief, I trust in your expertise but I have heard some slightly concerning rumors... About some Monsters unlike your standard, run-of-the-mill ones. What I am trying to say is-" he sighed and his expression became serious.

"- Do you have the tools to exterminate a high-level threat?" he asked.

"Because I don't reckon my rapier would do." he joked and pointed towards the weapon's sheath, trying to lighten the mood he himself inflicted.
 

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Sep 4, 2015
Messages
1,429
Location
Germany
Charlie turns to Reginald and simply holds up his M16 "if this can´t handle it you better run to the Jeep, but if you really are concerned i still got a grenade with me"
he then turns to the others "in any case let´s don´t get their attention, stay close together and stay out of their sight, capiche?"

Charlie turns on the engine of the Jeep and slowly drives to Gate A, they pass a security guy who opens the shuter.
The engine roars as you start driving over the sand.

(ambient music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiZHnV1K0Z4)

It is a nice day the sun shines brightly over the sand and lake michigans water sparkles like a dozen crystals,
as you drive over the plains you come across some small digimon groups that instantly flee from the sound of the jeep, a swarm of Poromon quickly flys away and a lone Frimon hurrys to get behind a rock.
After about half an hour you start seeing the Forest, slowly the Jeep gets slower as Charlie drives over to one of the bigger trees.
You come to a full stop directly under the shadow of the big tree.

"Break is over, let´s get moving" he throws to 2 magazine to Sarah, each holding 7 rounds. he throws 1 magazine to Reginald holding 15 rounds and hands Jeb 10 shotgun slugs.
"only shoot if it´s an emergency" Charlie opens the door and get´s out of the Jeep, he slowly approaches the Forest.
He gives you a handsign to follow him and you start venturing into the Forest.

While walking through the bushes you hear some distant roars and shrieks, but nothing alarming as of yet.
you walk for about 3 miles before the chief gives you a handsign to stop. "we are now entering the target area, scout around but don´t let your guard down"
you can now see a clearing before you, on the clearing there are several ruins, you can´t say for sure if they are human or digimon but nonetheless they should hold the materials you are searching for.
"i leave it up to you where you want to seach" he points at an area with a couple broken walls with some bushes, a left over stone cabin and an underground leading passageway.
Charlie starts climbing a tree "i´ll secure the area while you search, if trouble is on the way i´ll make an owl sound, make sure to get behind cover in that scenario"
 
Last edited:

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
811
Age
29
"I once got spooked by a big owl. Wearin' thick red goggles, if you can believe it. Hope we don't hear one of those around here," Jeb casually recounts.

He gazes back in the direction of the city, wondering if anyone else was coming along. Not exactly an elite team Chuck had chosen. Before the others start to move out, Jeb reminds them, "Charlie warned us to stick together, so let's take this one thing at a time."

After some consideration, he declares, "The buildings are dangerous. Charlie can't see into there. We should just poke around outside for now. Then if anything comes out we can hightail it back into the trees." In Jeb's experience, if Digimon were guarding a structure, they wouldn't give chase very far from it.
 

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Oct 10, 2014
Messages
748
Location
Portugal
Sarah took this trip as an opportunity to finally look at one of these mighty beasts, and they were all so cute... what was all the fuss about? She could just hug all of them!

When they pull over the sight of the forest shook her a bit, yup, this was it, she gripped her gun a bit harder and clumsily and quickly loaded her gun and kept the other handy, just in case, just in case.

"I don't know Jeb, I think the cabin would be the best place to search, if it's empty we could set up camp there if we end up staying much longer, and if it's of human origin it might have a map or something... Mister Reginald? Your the boss, what you think? Plus we can just open the door and look for a bit..."

She then wondered a bit about the area was there any background to it or something else regard it's history.

"Jeb, your explored right? What does this area tell you? Ever been around here?... Am I being bossy?" She said while a bit embarrassed due to being carried away by excitement.

OOC: I posted without seeing Exodd's post. Sorry I had to edit!
 
Last edited:

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
811
Age
29
Noticing Sarah's doubt, Jeb says "Don't worry about it." He scans around again. "Place looks like some sorta' safe house." Probably wasn't safe anymore. Jeb shrugs the gun from his shoulder. "And no, I haven't been out this way. My farm's on the other side of the city."

He focuses towards the house, watching for any movement. "You've got a point about the cabin. If the place is empty...Then again, if they aren't out here already, they may just be the type to hide like those little ones in the field."

Jeb glances at Owens, waiting to see his response. "I'm guessin' you want to go inside, too. Right?"
 

Anna___

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
224
Age
19
Location
Greece (A.K.A The place with old, boring, historic
Reginald all throughout the trip gazed outside the window, marveled by the wilderness. It's not every day that someone steps out of the city's protection and into the unknown. He also was shocked by the sight of the monsters, only ever seeing them in pictures, he didn't expect to ever see them with his own two eyes.

As he was exiting the vehicle, he pocketed the magazine he was given by Charlie. Reginald paid as much attention as he could to Charlie's orders, he did not want to end up a dead man.

Then he stepped back and let the other two members of his party decide where they were going, he had no experience in situations like this after all.

"I suppose I am going wherever you two are going, aren't I?" Reginald mused.

"Though I must warn you, my weapon does not favor enclosed spaces that much. So, it may not be the best idea for us to go inside," he said as he unsheathed his rapier, a long beautifully crafted sword with a swirling golden hilt.
 

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
811
Age
29
Jeb starts to think maybe Owens isn't as defenseless as he first appeared, though not confident such a thin sword would actually pierce a Digimon. At least they agreed being out in the open is better. Don't want to get caught in a crumbling house and definitely don't want to be pinned underground. "Hmm...Guess it's settled then." Jeb tells Sarah, "I'm checkin' over there. If you really want, you can go inside." The girl did have a good idea. "Just be careful."

Jeb starts walking towards the outer ruins. He tries to tread quietly, hoping to get the advantage of surprise on anything that might be within the brush or behind a wall.
 

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Oct 10, 2014
Messages
748
Location
Portugal
"Soooooo... stealth mission?" Sarah instantly started to lean to nearby surfaces and slide across them. "Boss, Jeb, don't blow my cover."

She wasn't in the most stealthy clothing, plus she clearly wasn't trained in that. She nonetheless continued to lean her way to the cabin, slightly tripping her once in a while, probably too focused on stealth to notice the little pebbles.
 

Anna___

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
224
Age
19
Location
Greece (A.K.A The place with old, boring, historic
Reginald smiled softly at Sarah's antics. She was indeed still a child. Oh well. He begun following Jeb, slowly and steadily, hoping to assist any way he can.
 

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Sep 4, 2015
Messages
1,429
Location
Germany
you slowly approach the broken walls on the edge of the clearing, stone splinters cover the ground and bushes cover the sides.
With his keen eyes Reginald notices something familiar as his hand touches some Gold Dust on the ground.

meanwhile Jeb and Sarah are closing in on the wall and as you move closer you notice some faint voices in the distance.
you take a sneak peak over the wall as you make out two digimon arguing about something, as you look on your analyser it quikly reveals that the Digimon in question are 2
Gazimon.
"... so you captured them?"
"yes sir, me and my squad found them here in the woods"
"who are those again?"
"the delinquent, the Troublemaker and the wild girl who stole some of our rations"
"excellent, hold them captive in the ruins till tomorrow"
"What shall we do with them afterwards?"
"they gonna make excellent soldiers for the lieutnant"
"understood"
the 2 Gazimon walk deeper into the forest.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qci_YVy8_kQ)
Jeb and Sarah look at each other in shock and even Reginald who joined a bit later was quite disturbed too, never have you ever seen or heard of Digimon with such an civilised dialect.
most Digimon known to you are just beasts with poor grammatic that act more like monsters then humans.
this was new.
 

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Oct 10, 2014
Messages
748
Location
Portugal
"They got prisoners! We should do something about that! I know it isn't our mission but we should try to be nice while we can! I wouldn't mind a few medals when we gat back too! Imagine us! Heroes!" Sarah proclaimed in a quiet tone, they probably shouldn't be noticed, that was a stealth mission after all, and being located is the opposite of that.

Sarah quickly forget her other task and decided to try to climb over the wall and to crawl her way to the place where those Gazimon were headed.
 

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
811
Age
29
Jeb immediately feared that the Gazimon were referring to him, Sarah, and Owens, that they had been spotted during the approach. The rest didn't make sense, though. If they knew, why were the Digimon acting like the three weren't there. Were they just playing around? Pretending? Were they capable of that? Full of surprises, so maybe.

Jeb slouched with his back to the wall, trying to think what to do next. The monsters had even mentioned squads and soldiers. What if they did have such an organized force? And so close to the city! He reckoned Chuck should know as soon as possible. But the others...

When Sarah went over the wall, Jeb quickly stood up from his crouch. Keeping an eye on the tree line and a grip on his shotgun, he hopped over a lower section and caught up to intercept Sarah. "What are you doing? There could be more in there." There weren't really any prisoners. Were there? Full of surprises...

"I don't like this. We should head back and tell Charlie," Jeb suggested to both of the others.
 

Anna___

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
224
Age
19
Location
Greece (A.K.A The place with old, boring, historic
As they begun walking towards the run down walls on the edge of the clearing, Reginald noticed something familiar from the corner of his eye. He put his hand on the ground and examined it. This was...!

When he finally reached the others, he noticed them peeking over the wall and decided to join them, because he heard the voices arguing behind it.

He couldn't believe his eyes when he saw them. Two Monsters ('Gazimon' his monocle supplied) talking. Like, talking actual proper grammatically correct English. 'Well, I'll be damned!'.

They were talking about how they would force people(?) in some sort of army.

Oh, no.

This was bad. Really bad.

He nearly had a panic attack when he noticed Sarah. "No! Come back here this instant young lady!" he whispered-shouted.

He muttered a thank you to Jeb when he caught her.

"Yes, as nice as saving the prisoners is, that is not the proper course of action. We are putting ourselves in danger just for being in their territory! They have advantage over us right now. We're severely lacking in both numbers and resources. Not to mention that we are not prepared for this and it would endanger us further. As it disheartens me to say this, we should report to the Chief immediately. The prisoners will be a secondary objective for now." he said as he scolded Sarah. He absolutely agreed with Jeb, they should be as far from here as possible and should be reporting this important information to the Chief. Although, his heart hurt a little in the thought of those poor prisoners, alone and scared, being forced to fight.
 
Last edited:

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Oct 10, 2014
Messages
748
Location
Portugal
"But guys..." Sarah was deep into her stealth mood, she was confident that she was basically undetectable at that point. She stood about for a second, trying to think if she was doing the right thing. But she was armed! What could possibly go wrong? Sarah shrugs off any attempt to catch her and brute forces her way, still crawling, to the place where the Gazimon were headed. "You guys go report to Charlie! I got this, I can handle any thing these punk can throw at me" She said pointing attention to her loaded gun.
 

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joined
Sep 4, 2015
Messages
1,429
Location
Germany
--meanwhile on the outskirts of File Forest--

Running.
this was the only thing Nicoli was thinking about.
he was familiar with the wasteland but never happened anything like this to him, one moment ago he was camping behind a boulder with Dracumon and in the next second an explosion.
the boulder was shattered, dust and smoke covered the area, you take a quick look to see what caused it.
then their was this thing, huge, your analyser went of the charts when the scanners registered this Pteranomon.
knowing you situation you grabbed Dracumon and ran in a zig-zag toward the near forest, out of sight of this monster.

with one last jump you set food into the Forest, escaping the Digimon chasing you.
you coudn´t even grasp the situation, never have you seen Digimon using such profound weapons or tactics.
not wanting to let them follow you any further you make your way deeper into the forest.
you hear shrieks and growls in the distance, but nothing alarming as of now.
you stumble upon a cleariing in the Forest with some ruins, a cabin some walls and an underground passageway.
somewhere you hear an owl shriek.
________________________________

Suddenly while discussing the situation Jeb, Sarah and Reginald hear the Chiefs signal in form of an owl shriek.
 
Last edited:
Top