Digimon 10th Anniversary CD Scans

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Stunt link=topic=4288.msg61560#msg61560 date=1186181829]Wow, it'd be nice if North America got one of these.
[/quote]

I highly doubt that would ever happen - be nice if it did though.

takayusyaoran

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What would a US version look like?

01. Digimon: Digital Monsters - Adventure Theme
02. Digimon: Digital Monsters - Adventure 2 Mix
03. Digimon: Digital Monsters - Tamers Remix
04. Let Your Spirit Evolve - Frontier Theme
05. ??? - Data Squad Theme
06. Run Around - Jasan Radford
07. Let's Kick It Up - Paul Gordon
08. Human Spirit Evolution
09. Beast Spirit Evolution
10. Hey Digimon - Paul Gordon
11. Promise [Rika] - Melissa Fahn
12. Going Digital - Jasan Radford
13. Here We Go - Jason Gochin

Because yeah... THAT'S appealing.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't be a prick, lest I find a way to be demeaning and assholish about something you enjoy.

Cause lets not forget, while Digimon had some fantastic music in Japan, it also had the music from Digimon Hurricane Touchdown/Supreme Evolution! The Golden Digimentals.

takayusyaoran

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not being a prick. I'm just saying that a US version wouldn't be worth it because the US music isn't exactly great. Personally I wouldn't buy a CD that could have possibly FOUR versions of "Digimon are the Champions".

I say possibly because we don't know yet what the Data Squad theme will be yet.
Although, I am hoping it's not just.
"Digivolve into Champions! DigiSoul CHARGE!
Digimon: Digital Monsters, Digimon are the Champions!" etc etc

And the other tracks are already on the US Movie OST - aside from Promise, of course.

[shrugs]

I didn't intend to come off as a prick though.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The movie cd included all the 01 and 02 vocal themes, the soundtrack from the movie, and a version of the tv theme that integrated the 01 and 02 dub themes together.

There's stuff from Tamers, some stuff from Frontier, whatever will be in Data Squad.

Plenty of people think cartoons (and Digimon specifically) aren't 'exactly great' as you put it. Doesn't make them right.

Plus, this CD was all new music, it didn't have any prior songs, so comparing a CD with songs from the shows in English to a CD with all new songs isn't exactly a fair comparison either.

In a few weeks we get the OP/ED cd.

and I doubt Data Squad will have any of the Saban era music, Saban Music Group charges way to much to use songs, especially theme songs.

takayusyaoran

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I never stated I was right.

And I'm not saying there wasn't a lot of other good music within the dub.

My opinion on what the soundtrack would look like is based on the way the US generally markets things. Digimon is treated as a kids show, so to them, little kids aren't going to want an Instrumental Score. To them, little kids will want the songs they can sing along to, like "Hey Digimon" and "Let's Kick It Up".

And besides, realistically, unless someone pulls some major strings. The US version isn't going to see any sort of Anniversary disc. The possibility would be more likely if the previous seasons got something other than the Movie OST.

And yes, we haven't gotten the Data Squad music yet, so I admittedly can't give a complete thought on what a US anniversary disc would look like.
But, I can't honestly say I can see a disc being made with Joshua Seth and Quinton Flynn singing.
So the only thing that comes to mind is a compilation of Seasons 1-5 OP's, a few background songs, and MAYBE IF we were THAT lucky, something of a Score.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon releases now in America have very little to do with stuff from the Saban era, it may seem like its similar due to Nimoy being back, and alot of the cast being the same, but the entirety of the 'people in charge' are different, moreso now then even when the other movies were dubbed because Toei is being involved and despite their relative 'not knowing what the fuck is going on' seem to be trying to push Digimon quite hard, so while I don't exactly expect it, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a few things we don't expect.

takayusyaoran

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe.
I mean, I suppose it is kind of cool of them to go out and dub Another Mission and have it ready for Data Squad's release. And maybe my faith has been tarnished as far as expecting things goes, but if we do get something other than the game, I will be shocked to say the least.

Here's hoping for an instrumental version of "Believer" in the Dub.
I can only hope xD

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Frankly I'm a touch worried about the release of Another Mission for one specific reason.

It's a question I'll be asking the crew who worked on the american version, but I don't wanna point out what it may be before I know if it will happen or not.

aribalt

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=godofchaos link=topic=4288.msg61884#msg61884 date=1186388819]
Frankly I'm a touch worried about the release of Another Mission for one specific reason.

It's a question I'll be asking the crew who worked on the american version, but I don't wanna point out what it may be before I know if it will happen or not.
[/quote]

Cryptic messages like this bug me. I'll be trying to figure this out all night.