Digimon 10th Anniversary CD Scans

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Before we go on, I should probably mention, in the next couple weeks, WtW Scans, WtW Videos, and the Podcast stuff will be consolidated into a single forum/subsite.

And now back to our regular program...

Time for a new, and what may be one of the very last Digimon CDs.

The Digimon 10th Anniversary CD.

Fantastic New art on the Front Cover of the Booklet with the 5 main guys and their Digimon partners, no Agunimon since he wasn't really a partner (and this is also used as the front cover to the case when it's inserted)
http://www.db-destiny.net/Digimon10th-Front-Booklet.jpg

Back Cover to the booklet, all the logos.
http://www.db-destiny.net/Digimon10th-Back-Booklet.jpg

Back Cover to the Case
http://www.db-destiny.net/Digimon10th-Back-Case.jpg

Didn't want to ruin the booklet, but this looked important, so I scanned this part and I'm sure one of our translators will let us know what it says.
http://www.db-destiny.net/Digimon10th-MessageInBooklet.jpg

Credit and link back to WtW if you use the scans, don't make me start tagging stuff that a tag will really ruin the look of.

What's everyone think of the art/cover, scans, and the album?

Enjoy!

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really nice cover scans.

I don't even know if I'll like any of the music, but I do know like the design. lol.

Airdra

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*_* Thank you! Great scans as always, and the mp3s are an unexpected bonus. ^_^

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I could have put up something better, I tend to do great rips, but it was more just to toss them out there because we don't have the resources to host FLACs or 320ks without it potentially mucking up the forum.

Album is really fantastic though.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, the scans are great, and of course the MP3s are the most unexpected. Thanks a lot. Now I'll have some decent music to listen to on my computer at night while working on my stories, or what ever.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Should probably mention.

Inside of the booklet, has a tracklisting, lyrics, profile pictures of all 5 'goggleboys' (loose term since Masaru doesn't have goggles) and a ton of screencaps from all 5 shows showing all the primary characters.

also...it always throws me for a fucking loop when Wada Kouji does a slower paced song, he does the quicker more 'rock' style so very well that you get tossed for a loop when he does slow ones, especially since he does the slower ones just as good as the quicker ones.

I like how Savers' Agumon clearly isn't happy about Agumon riding on Masaru's head, on the thumbnail we saw weeks ago it looked like he was smiling and laughing.

Yakuza Soul

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow I can't say how happy I am for the Mp3s and with filled in tags. ( I know how annoying that can be ) Where were you last X-mas lol. I liked seeing Takato drawn in Adventure style different than Tamers in a few ways. Thanks for the scans.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Will you let me post a link to translations here when I'm done, goc?

Well, I was personally extremely happy about this CD. I think most of the lyrics are awesome. My copy is coming tomorrow, so I'll be pretty much camping out my front door all morning. \(`A´)/

Here's what the booklet message said, for those interested:
This project began from a casual conversation.
It first took place at Bandai's booth in "Jump Fiesta 2007," held at the end of the year 2006 in Makuhari Messe. Bandai's representative and I talked about how, because 2007 would make it 10 years since Digimon was first sold as a handheld game, we would at least like to set up some event for Summer 2007.
We figured that if we were going to do this, we should celebrate with something different from what we've already done before. I thought of a lot of things, but fell ill midway and had to semi-retire at the hospital for 50 days. After that, the representative for Bandai was changed, so the project was put to a temporary standstill.
But the "Digimon Chou Shinka Best!" CD that was re-released at the end of year 2006 became a big hit that sold over 20,000, and feeling that there must be something we could do to return the favor, the project idea was brought back into action.
At first, we considered forming a collaboration with an event, but it began to move in the direction of a CD collaboration that included the 5 main characters and the major artists from all 5 series. We'd never put all successive main characters onto one CD jacket before, and it was by sheer coincidence that our sale date was decided for August 1st, so we thought it may turn out to be the best present for the fans that we've yet created.
Everyone on the artist team was already skilled in making their own song and composition styles, so we received works that reflected their feelings for Digimon. Also, since the project was finally becoming a reality, I had a personal desire to hear *those* certain people sing new songs. With the tireless help of a large number of people, the project was able to take shape as you see here. Now I'd like to take this moment to give my deepest gratitude to everyone involved.
It will soon be 10 years since the anime first started as well.
It will make me happy if we can still do something precious for that time in order to bring to mind once again the scenery we'd seen back then.
August 1st, 2007... I wonder if many people are gathering in Odaiba for this year again?
I hold anticipation that something will be born again from this memorial album...
And I pray that these "feelings" will reach the fans of Digimon all over the world...

The password is still, We Love DiGiMONMUSiC.

June 2007
Index Music
Matsui Shintarou

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Glad to know someone who is involved with Digimon from a business perspective wants to see it go on also.

Touching message, nice to see it included with the CD.

MugenSeiRyuu

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, really touching.

Hehe, the Cover is just LOL ! Seems like Masaru´s Agumon is complaining at either Masaru or Taichi´s Agumon.
"Aniki ! You never did that with me !"

Thank you for the Scanas and MP3s !

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think that was pretty nice too. The pictures are nice as well. Also thanks for the upload. This should be good.

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
one of the best covers i think. hopefully the songs will be just as great. thanks for the mp3's too ^_^

Matsuo_Makoto

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i cant help but think that they made masaru's face with an expression like that on purpose, because of the difference in animation between savers and the other series.

taichikun14

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for the uploads and translations, godofchaos and onkeikun!

I'm really pleased with the cover art because sometimes the CD cover art looks a little awkward when they try to draw characters from different seasons together... but this time I think they nailed it! I also love that there's some cross-series interaction on the cover (Masaru with Taichi's Agumon, Takuya touching Takato's shoulders).

And the music was just WOW. Love it, love it, love it. Secret Rendezvous is definitely my favorite, followed by Taichi and Daisuke's songs.

And I also liked the message that onkeikun translated. It's great to know that they're still passionate about Digimon music and are even thinking of something for the anime's 10 year anniversary. Let's cross our fingers!

Clogon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow! just wow! You are great GoC!!! Thank you so much!!! Anyways I still don't understand the "password is still, We Love DiGiMONMUSiC." part.

takayusyaoran

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Matsuo_Makoto link=topic=4288.msg61309#msg61309 date=1186016822]
i cant help but think that they made masaru's face with an expression like that on purpose, because of the difference in animation between savers and the other series.
[/quote]

Agreed. I mentioned that I was toying with that idea in the CD Announcement thread.
The full pic only confirms my suspicions.
The CD itself is great.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lyrics and translations =D

[quote author=Clogon link=topic=4288.msg61319#msg61319 date=1186023164]Wow! just wow! You are great GoC!!! Thank you so much!!! Anyways I still don't understand the "password is still, We Love DiGiMONMUSiC." part.[/quote]

Matsui Shintarou was Digimon's Interchannel music producer for Adventure, Adventure 02, and Tamers... he wasn't that involved with Frontier until the CD "Christmas Smile."* So, he's been around for almost just as long as the die-hard fans have. His words are referring to the enormous project they sold on Christmas 2002 (the boxed set of all characters from Adventure-->Frontier singing their season's OP and ED songs, and also all artists singing 'Yuuki wo Uketsugu Kodomotachi e').
I put up a few scans of it and comments from seiyuu here if you're interested. (And I should get to fulfilling more of the seiyuu comment requests when I get the chance. -w-; )

*Taken from blurbs in my 'We Love DiGiMONMUSiC' CD booklet.

Stunt

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, it'd be nice if North America got one of these.