Digimon "02" Announced at DigiFes

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Update- Site has opened, just the poster and trailer.

KoreeluStromboli

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The boy in the Digimon "02" poster is probably from the distant past or from another universe in which he was the first person to partner with a Digimon.

Speculatively, the boy's Partner Digimon could hatch from the giant Digitama in the sky as a different Digimon and be the main antagonist or final boss of the film.

Ricardolindo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it possible the boy in the poster is Daisuke but turned younger, like in Hurricane Touchdown?

WoolishlyGrim

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was thinking it might be Daisuke, either turned younger or just an event in his past which he's forgotten (to parallel the first movie).

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it possible the boy in the poster is Daisuke but turned younger, like in Hurricane Touchdown?

It seems unlikely.

The dialogue in the trailer mentioned the "first digidestined". So, the boy was likely him when he met his Digimon partner.

The "first digidestined" will likely have a big role in this movie.

Ricardolindo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It seems unlikely.

The dialogue in the trailer mentioned the "first digidestined". So, the boy was likely him when he met his Digimon partner.

The "first digidestined" will likely have a big role in this movie.

I agree that's the most likely. I only wanted to note another possibility.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd rather we not do weird time shenanigans.
You'd rather, but it's such an easy trap for writers to fall into - you don't have to think of a coherent narrative, everything just happens because of an unalterable time loop in perpetuity. Something didn't make sense? Time loop. Characters need to out of character? They have no choice because time loop. What chain of events led to the story-state where the story begins? Time loop. Ending for the character? No ending required, they go back in time and simply start the time loop.

(Yes I'm still bitter Futurama and Misfits and Astro Boy and Mighty Max ended this way and yes I'm still angry that they want the Simpsons to one day have the same ending no kidding)