Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
niconico will be doing a paid livestream of the DigiFes event for those who can't make it to the event in person.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Tickets will be 1080 yen (current exchange rate makes it under $9.)

There will be some sort of stream provided for free also, but it isn't clear what exactly will be different.

The official page for the livestream has tons of information, some info we knew, some we didn't.

It's interesting that with all the news we are expecting that AIM and Ayumi Miyazaki singing probably won't be a major part of the event for most people.

It also mentions that four of the actors will be providing live commentary for the event, including Tentomon's actor, which should get everyone quite excited.

For those who won't be awake or around while the event is going, the digital ticket will also include time shifting viewing for a week.

Thanks to Shinraisei for the news.

All current tri discussion can be moved here from the prior thread.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is gonna be good.

Also the link to this thread from the prior thread doesn't work right.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fixed the link, thanks for the heads up.

I'm sure plenty of people won't like a paid livestream, but it isn't uncommon.

I paid $12 to watch EVO2015 at 720p60 instead of 720p.

Under $10 for a single event that will also include a bit of a concert component should be amusing.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s kind of funny to think that this past year in the DIGIMON fan community has consisted primarily of Tri hype, bookended by two Odaiba memorial festivals that both inaugurated and consummated the hype. In a way it’s a bit pathetic that they’ve strung us along for this long and filled an entire year with nothing but anticipation, but at the same time, perhaps it’s a testament to how big a deal this is for us. I’d be lying if I said my excitement wasn’t slowly ramping up these last few weeks as the festival approaches.

krfz41

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm also getting excited, but thinking about that, it's been 1 year and we didn't get anything that solid in this time period. Hopefully what we'll get next week will be something satisfying. As mentioned in the niconico page, this will be the first actual trailer. Maybe we will get something about the story this time.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's generally a reason most anime doesn't get announced that early, because things change a LOT in pre-production.

Toei decided to take a risk and announce it at a big Digimon event they were holding anyways.

In general I'd say it's a risk that worked out well for them. They, combined with random Bandai products, were able to keep general excitement up for a year straight, even if there were moments of people flipping out.

The fact we are in a home stretch where we have some degree of dates, cast, etc. makes it a lot easier to keep up the energy now.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When I think about the fan reaction when they changed directors on Ant-Man, it’s hard to blame them. A lot of anime in particular is very driven by marketing, and if you’re frequently at risk of needing to can preexisting projects, it’s probably best to keep it close to the chest to avoid raising false hopes and then pissing off your fans.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it’s probably best to keep it close to the chest to avoid raising false hopes and then pissing off your fans.
Ding ding ding. Normally they keep stuff until it's so far along that it's near air, and then LATER they might talk about changes or things that happened (although the most amusing changes are always the ones super obvious because of something in episode 1 that is just never mentioned again because they changed plots midstream, or other elements.)

Of course, I feel like the greatest success Toei had during the year, for sure... They replaced all 8 actors for the kids and by and large, picked replacements that work SO well, any complaints were short and mild compared to most actor replacements.

Replacing cast is almost like an art, and the fact that with each new cast member we all went "OK, I understand what they are going for and that person's voice will work" is the type of thing that unless they somehow screw it up with bad voice direction to the actors during recording I can't emphasize how amazing it is that they were able to hit the nail on the head for all 8 of them.

Moreso when you consider how worried people were about ANY potential cast change for the characters.

Apashi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's really great how the page is written in English and available to overseas fans! I missed the last one so I'm really looking forward to this one. :D

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Paying around 8€ to be able to watch people talking in a language I don't understand for over an hour and hear songs I've heard hundreds of times already.... eh, I'll maybe consider it.

Shinraisei

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it’s probably best to keep it close to the chest to avoid raising false hopes and then pissing off your fans.
Ding ding ding. Normally they keep stuff until it's so far along that it's near air, and then LATER they might talk about changes or things that happened (although the most amusing changes are always the ones super obvious because of something in episode 1 that is just never mentioned again because they changed plots midstream, or other elements.)

Of course, I feel like the greatest success Toei had during the year, for sure... They replaced all 8 actors for the kids and by and large, picked replacements that work SO well, any complaints were short and mild compared to most actor replacements.

Replacing cast is almost like an art, and the fact that with each new cast member we all went "OK, I understand what they are going for and that person's voice will work" is the type of thing that unless they somehow screw it up with bad voice direction to the actors during recording I can't emphasize how amazing it is that they were able to hit the nail on the head for all 8 of them.

Moreso when you consider how worried people were about ANY potential cast change for the characters.
People I conversed with on Twitter (particularly the Japanese fandom, wow.) were pretty worried about the cast. A lot, including myself, were in camp "Maybe they'll replace 1, but keep...everyone else?" and "Kazama (Matt) doesn't need to be replaced, (he always sounded 17!)". There were fans who were naturally disappointed no one was coming back, apart from the Digimon, and I don't blame them. It felt the same as how fans were when they replaced the cast of Pokemon.

Also, to answer one person's question from the previous Tri. thread:

Lol, Toei. Drain every dollar out of everyone. I guess it's not completely insane; it's essentially a concert.

Er, actually, is Toei the one seeling the e-tickets or is it NicoNico?
I read a little closer, it's in what's known as NicoPoints (which appears to be in a 1 yen = 1 point). What account holders will need to do is have enough NPs to pay for a ticket. So, yes, it's NicoNico.

To get these points, according to this http://help.nicovideo.jp/live_en/2013/06/130what-are-nico-points.html :
* Nico Points are only available for purchase and use in
Japan or internationally for special events and/or promotions.

I think we'll be OK in this instance. I can't verify anything right now because the ticket page (and points page?) are down at the moment and it's only just morning in Japan. Maybe it'll be addressed on Saturday or Monday. :(

Oh and I Googled and found this guide on Crunchyroll from a few years ago which might aid in the purchasing of Points: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-720370/how-to-buy-niconicolive-tickets-for-mikunopolis-in-la

I don't get paid until next Thursday, but if there are tickets available, I...think I will definitely get one. In any case, I'm pretty excited about this--DigiFest Eve on the 31st (which has tickets still available) and DigiFest on the 1st of August. :D

Hourglassmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even though I was sold on the teaser trailer, two posters and a single PV, I'm looking forward to the new footage they'll be sharing with the world. :) And any potential new information will be welcome. I think the fans deserve it after so much time keeping track of crumbs for a year.

I'm not going to be watching this live. I may watch some of the footage later on out of curiosity (if it's recorded and posted somewhere), but since this will be in Japanese and I, unfortunately, cannot absorb 99,5% of it, I'll leave it to others to take what's most interesting and receive the information that way.

I'll be waiting for the information. :) Hopefully this thread will be able to collect it as it comes out and is translated. I would appreciate that.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll have a tough time convincing my dad to buy me Nico points for this event. Might email him when he's in Korea.

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Paying around 8€ to be able to watch people talking in a language I don't understand for over an hour and hear songs I've heard hundreds of times already.... eh, I'll maybe consider it.
+1

I'm excited about the new trailer and whatever news might see the light that day during the Fes. I still remember the thrill and the emotion watching 15th Anniversary event live, but this one... Well, I hope they will release the full video afterwards like they did last year. I'm 99% sure that the trailer will make it online by legal methods, so that's not worrying me too much, and giving they will do so I don't think that paying any amount for watching it "live and a few hours before the rest of the world" is all that worth.

Shinraisei

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Official twitter page tweeted a screenshot from the new PV(?):
https://twitter.com/Digi_advntr15th/status/624898379714162689

Here is the image:

It looks like Patamon has gained some weight. :)
Ooh, given the background (it's the same background, haha!) I've got an idea of how this cut could play out! (The standard "everyone jumps into the shot one by one in front of the 'camera'" scene in anime. I think. It's hard to write out--I'd need to describe it using arm-waving.)

【あと7日!】デジアドフェス・ニコ生有料配信決定!宮﨑歩さん&AiMさんの出演も決定!そして「tri.」最新PV

【Only 7 days left!】 The DigiFest will be a paid-livestream! Ayumi Miyazaki and AiM will perform as well! And then, we'll premiere the latest Tri. PV!

I think it's safe to say this is a cut from the PV. :D

You know, I hope it's a long PV!

Last edited:

Stuart444

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If anyone is curious, you'll need to pay about 1500 yen from what I saw because the points system is 500 -> 1000 -> 2000 etc. No exact numbers.

Also the points page is only working when the language is set to 日本語 for some reason. I don't really understand the error message when the language is set to English. /shrug

Stream seems to start at about 9am BST (6 days, 18 hours from time of posting). Like already mentioned, parts of the stream will be free. I'm guessing the PV will be free but the concert/performances will be paid. (could be wrong but I'd say it's a good assumption if they plan on getting an English version of the PV up again soon afterwards like with the teaser) (edit: plus from the looks of it on the actual website, it's written with Guest Talk show first then the PV and then the performance so it'd make sense for the first half of the stream to be free, the second half paid for)

Also it's only day 2 being streamed. Day 1 will have (for those curious):

Wormmon & Vmons VAs will be there.
Showings of Digimon: Our War Game and Diablomon's Counterattack (aka Revenge of Diaboromon)
Guest Talk Show
Guest Q&A session
Promotional Item presents lottery (I think it says)
Big surprise news

Last edited:

wizarmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the official page, it says:
"This event will feature live performances by music artists singing some of your favorite
Digimon theme songs as well as a look at the newest roster of characters for the new
Digimon series, Digimon adventure tri.! "

By 'the newest roster' do they mean the mysterious girl from the first PV and some others or 8 childeren with their new look?

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also the points page is only working when the language is set to 日本語 for some reason. I don't really understand the error message when the language is set to English. /shrug
so that was the problem? So much for their great professional english site if they don't even get their payment options working in english. And well, the japanese version of the point purchase site might work but from what I've seen everything looks pretty japanese over there which makes me wonder if any non-japanese credit cards would even work and even if they do... Let's just say that it's a very different thing to input your name or email into a japanese form you don't really understand to register something like a free nicovideo account than in is to input your actual credit card- or phone number into a japanese form you don't really understand so I might give up on a ticket if they don't fix the international version of that site. (I mean the Nicovideo premium subscription has an english option that even supports a simple paypal transaction, why can't they do the same for their point system?)

Day 1 will have (for those curious):
Showings of Digimon: Our War Game and Diablomon's Counterattack (aka Revenge of Diaboromon)
Guest Talk Show
Guest Q&A session
Big surprise news
Most of that has been known for quite a while already....

Last edited:

Stuart444

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the official page, it says:
"This event will feature live performances by music artists singing some of your favorite
Digimon theme songs as well as a look at the newest roster of characters for the new
Digimon series, Digimon adventure tri.! "

By 'the newest roster' do they mean the mysterious girl from the first PV and some others or 8 childeren with their new look?
They mean with the new cast I believe:

Day 1 will have (for those curious):
Guest Talk Show
Guest Q&A session
Big surprise news
Most of that has been known for quite a while already....
I'm just translating what is on the Adventure festival page >_>. It's some info for anyone who hasn't seen it already.

I do wonder what news they will have. Guess we'll just wait and see.

edit: Looking at the ways to pay, yeah no paypal but plenty of Japanese payment options. There is an option for credit/debit card which I may try later on tonight and see if it works.

It seems to support webmoney as well which is an international thing? idk though, I haven't tried it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.