MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
digifes2021_may13_2021.jpg

A DigiFes 2021 update!

On May 21st at noon (Japan time) they will announce details of DigiFes 2021. Members of Digimon Partners will also be able to register for early bird tickets.

DigiFes 2021 was announced for August 1st as both an in-person and online streaming event.

Attachments

• digifes2021_may13_2021.jpg
    digifes2021_may13_2021.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 10,541

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, over:under on big Survive news coming here, or coming before this? Or not coming at all I suppose.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, over:under on big Survive news coming here, or coming before this? Or not coming at all I suppose.

Skipping jokes since even they are becoming stagnant to do...

August 1st is a bit late to clarify and build hype for something that has gained an impression and a bit of energy behind it as having a troubled development (whether true or not, and there is an argument to be made that if you ignore their attempts to build hype early and ignore the words of the producers, that the overall schedule hasn't been unreasonable) if we assume the goal 'is' to still launch this year.

It would roughly (not not exactly) be the latest they could honestly do so if they don't say anything before then, as most of the summer events they might be able to do it otherwise at will have passed- Various game or anime streaming events, etc.

I think if you want to build raw hype and energy, DigiFes as the relaunch might be a bad idea. Because people go into DigiFes expecting anime stuff 'plus a bit more', even if it's not an announcement of 'more anime', and if you throw Survive into it, you get caught in the stew of it all (we found out about Survive a bit before one of those events, and even with a huge focus on the new game, it got crushed under the raw weight of anime movie news and all the product news.)

I see no reason to believe the game is cancelled, lack of actual news notwithstanding.

DigiFes feels like a place you announce additional stuff at after starting to wind the hype machine back up, just not 'make the first step.' Of course, they also made and released a mini-documentary about the producer of Survive and the game and released it a month before announcing the delay... so their planning may not be the best.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm pretty much just expecting more news on the next wave of Dim Cards, (Hermit of the Jungle and I can't remeber the name of the other one), info on the next wave of cards, and more Tamers products. Like figures or something. Nothing really special.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Let's hope we get something interesting. Skipping the obvious joke of course but really, I hope there's something good.

dcarden4

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What do you guys think is most likely that we'll see? Or that you'd want to see?
Rated from most to least likely... I'd guess:

1. New card game set
2. New Dim cards, maybe a new VB colour?
3. A closer look at the new Figure-rise kits, maybe a full-colour image of Metalgarurumon and Magnamon
4. Digimon Survive? Hopefully
5. New wave of Shodo figures? They could still do Metalgreymon, Weregarurumon, Blitzgreymon and Machinedramon
6. Something Tamers for the anniversary?
7. New Digimon movie? I'd love a Tamers sequel in the vein of Kizuna, or maybe a movie to finish up Adventure 2020 with some 02 cast.
8. A crossover with another property? The Hatsune Miku stuff was awesome

Last edited by a moderator:

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What do you guys think is most likely that we'll see? Or that you'd want to see?
Rated from most to least likely... I'd guess:

1. New card game set
2. New Dim cards, maybe a new VB colour?
3. A closer look at the new Figure-rise kits, maybe a full-colour image of Metalgarurumon and Magnamon
4. Digimon Survive? Hopefully
5. New wave of Shodo figures? They could still do Metalgreymon, Weregarurumon, Blitzgreymon and Machinedramon
6. Something Tamers for the anniversary?
7. New Digimon movie? I'd love a Tamers sequel in the vein of Kizuna, or maybe a movie to finish up Adventure 2020 with some 02 cast.
8. A crossover with another property? The Hatsune Miku stuff was awesome
I'd say everything everything on that list except Survive news and a Tamers movie is viable. Konoka already confirmed there were no animation projects planned for the anniversary and Survive, well, I really don't expect anything on that until fall.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I keep my expectations non-existent in order to never be disappointed. ;)

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I keep my expectations non-existent in order to never be disappointed. ;)

A good strategy. Personally, I expect them to announce a thing. What that thing may be, no idea, but they'll probably announce it.