DigiFes 2020 Online Announced for August 1st AND DigiNavi 3 Announced for July 17th

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A double duo of Digimon events!

DigiFes is back, and online this year!

Interestingly, this is a rare 2020 event that wasn't cancelled and moved online, as the timeframe of when we expected DigiFes to be announced came and went (the Olympics were originally planned for Japan this year, and many events were being moved around anyways, it's possible they planned to do DigiFes online regardless, or to announce it as a smaller live event later on and it simply never was.)

But, DigiFes has been announced, and we will be seeing it in less than a month!

It will be Saturday, August 1st at 4pm (in Japan) on the Toei Animation Youtube Channel. No news on if there will be a geolock or not.

DigiFes 2020 will include...
A discussion with the cast of Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna.
Live video distribution and the latest information will be introduced.

They also note many fans voted in the second Digimon Web vote. 'That video work' will be shown to the public. they state it as 'a unique opportunity to see a visionary work for free.'

They note that special content will be delivered to everyone who loves Digimon!

There is also a short guest/performers list...

Chika Sakamoto will perform as Agumon, Mayumi Yamaguchi will perform as Gabumon, and Ayumi Miyazaki will perform an insert song.
(We assume the 'perform as' for Sakamoto and Yamaguchi are in the same fashion as how Sakamoto has been Agumon during Diginavi events.)

And as they've done in the past, there will be a vote to be held...

In addition, from Sunday, July 5th to Wednesday, July 22nd, in commemoration of the upcoming release of Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution on Blu-ray and DVD, they will do a vote centered around the 4 pieces of Digimon Adventure, where you can vote, and the top scenes from each work will be made into cards for the Digimon Card Game

The voting will take place as such:
Digimon Adventure- July 5th through July 9th
Digimon Adventure 02- July 9th through July 13th
Digimon Adventure tri.- July 13th through July 17th
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna- July 17th through July 22nd

The votes will be announced at DigiFes also.

Less than a month to go until hopefully a bunch of Digimon news...

And even less to go, because DigiFes wasn't all that was announced!

The 3rd DigiNavi has been announced, and will stream on July 17th at 7pm in Japan!

It will be hosted by Yuki Iwai (a comedian, actor, writer, radio host, and manga/anime fan), and there will be other guests:
Chiaki Matsuzawa, host of various Digimon events including some DigiFes and DigiNavi events, and also cameoed in tri. will also host (just for a specific segment or two it appears?)
Atsuhiro Tomioka, series composer of Digimon Adventure:
Agumon will be there, voiced by Chika Sakamoto.
Comedy duo Cocolo will also appear. They were previously on DigiNavi in the past, and made a number of appearances in Digimon Card Battle.

They mention that the latest information on Digimon goods and anime information will appear, plus they tease a special announcement at the end.

The Diginavi page on Digimon Web has been updated to act as a standby page for DigiNavi 3.

So we have 2 streaming events over the next month!

Attachments

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do digimon video games fall under digimon goods?

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do digimon video games fall under digimon goods?
That is the most important question, isn't it. We have had news about projects unrelated to the anime in DigiFes of past years, no?

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well hopefully one of these can give us some Survive stuff...

I guess that's three events for me to cross my fingers to see Survive stuff in lol.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok I've got the date locked on my calendar now...really looking forward to it :):)

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry dude I don't understand what you mean. What are you trying to say exactly ?
Okay, let me try to rephrase that:
DigiFes is being held every year, no? Does it revolve around the anime-related products exclusively, or should we be hopeful to get some news on Survive as well?
I think I remember the entire range of digimon franchise projects being covered during Digifes in the past years but I am not sure, so I'd like some confirmation.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok I've got the date locked on my calendar now
I don't have to mark it as Odaiba day happens to be my birthday :cool: I actually didn't even know my birthday was on a Saturday until this post. Although, this happens to be at midnight my time (Pacific Standard time) so it's actually the first seconds of that day for me that I'd be viewing it. Maybe setting a reminder to be up watching at midnight isn't a bad idea then šŸ˜…
Digimon has me hooked on the current anime, card game, and upcoming/recent games so I highly doubt I'll leave without something exciting for me! I'm super excited that DigiNavi is only two weeks away as well. I know a lot of people here are sick of hearing it with any slightly suggestive move the Digimon teams do, but Digimon Survive is my most wanted!

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dunno how they advertised it in previous years but at least in this one it seems it'll be dedicated to Digimon Adventure (the original continuity, not the reboot). Considering that, I fully expect them to announce a Kizuna sequel in it.

They also note many fans voted in the second Digimon Web vote. 'That video work' will be shown to the public. they state it as 'a unique opportunity to see a visionary work for free.'

Anyone wants to guess if they would have shown anything had something other than OWG or Kizuna won?

I wonder if the new polls will be multiple choice. That seems like the only feasible way to do them. I also wonder if they'll include scenes from the Adventure and 02 movies.

DigiNavi sounds like it'll have more interesting news to me, considering Tomioka's presence is advertised and it explicitely said it'll include non-anime stuff. Probably info on the Pendulum Z (at worst, on the Revival), hopefully something on Survive or at least a PC port of a previous game.

DazzleDream

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the idea of making the best scenes into cards is really nice! Looking forward to the event in any rate.

Piers

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry dude I don't understand what you mean. What are you trying to say exactly ?
DigiFes is being held every year, no? Does it revolve around the anime-related products exclusively, or should we be hopeful to get some news on Survive as well?
I think I remember the entire range of digimon franchise projects being covered during Digifes in the past years but I am not sure, so I'd like some confirmation.
Last year's DigiFes was more or less a concert. Amid COVD-19 delays across the board, expect no news beyond the odd bit of merchandise.
Assuming Cyber Sleuth sequel hasn't been canned, Media-Vision'll probably just debut that on Twitter/YouTube in their own time.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Last year's DigiFes was more or less a concert. Amid COVD-19 delays across the board, expect no news beyond the odd bit of merchandise.
Assuming Cyber Sleuth sequel hasn't been canned, Media-Vision'll probably just debut that on Twitter/YouTube in their own time.
There is no sequel to cyber sleuth, the next story game will be something completely different. Grimmon I understand what you mean now I'm also hoping for survive news but I'm don't expect survive news to be given in the digifes I'm hoping it will be given in the news navi. Fingers crossed.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dunno how they advertised it in previous years but at least in this one it seems it'll be dedicated to Digimon Adventure (the original continuity, not the reboot). Considering that, I fully expect them to announce a Kizuna sequel in it.

Anyone wants to guess if they would have shown anything had something other than OWG or Kizuna won?

I wonder if the new polls will be multiple choice. That seems like the only feasible way to do them. I also wonder if they'll include scenes from the Adventure and 02 movies.

DigiNavi sounds like it'll have more interesting news to me, considering Tomioka's presence is advertised and it explicitely said it'll include non-anime stuff. Probably info on the Pendulum Z (at worst, on the Revival), hopefully something on Survive or at least a PC port of a previous game.
The PC port of CS/HM wasn't released in Japan and the pc/Xbox versions of Survive also aren't releasing in Japan. So a pc port of a game would not be announced at either of these events.

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The PC port of CS/HM wasn't released in Japan and the pc/Xbox versions of Survive also aren't releasing in Japan. So a pc port of a game would not be announced at either of these events.
Well, hopefully something on the Pendulum Z then. I've kind of already written off Survive as something to release next year, so I'm not expecting news on that one.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find the bit about the anime scenes being made into cards interesting, since so far all of the Option cards have been Digimon's attacks. I wonder if that will change.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I certainly wouldn't be opposed to some more variety in the Option Cards, just having them all be attacks would've gotten stale rather quickly.

Piers

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There is no sequel to cyber sleuth, the next story game will be something completely different.
I know, but sequel is just easier and quicker to say unless there's a big enough legend attached like "Miyazaki's next game"

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, hopefully something on the Pendulum Z then. I've kind of already written off Survive as something to release next year, so I'm not expecting news on that one.
I haven't written it off just yet but I will if we don't see anything about it in the navi and the other coming events.