Diaboromon or Daemon? Which do you think?

ggctuk

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At the end of Our Future, Dark Gennai remarked that he was going to bring back either Diaboromon or Daemon to fight the Digidestined. Which do you think it's going to be?

Personally, while part of me leans towards Diaboromon because it's a movie and he's a movie villain, I think, given that we didn't get all that much of him in 02, it'll wind up being Daemon.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe it'll be neither since I think the writing staff is different?

Personally though I think it'll be both, and they'll fuse.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would be extremely boring writing if they had nothing to offer besides following up a random tease (that's all that it was), so I don't see much of a chance of either of them playing a big role in the upcoming story.
The only role I could imagine them filling would be to be having them smacked down during the prologue to give the audience a bit of action before the main plot begins, or feature them as a red herring during the first half before revealing the actual threat.

frankiemon827

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I personally think that was just Dark Gennai teasing and it is very unlikely that either Diaboromon and Daemon would show up as boss as all the trailers from Last Evolution suggest something else (and far bigger too). To be honest I'm actually leaning towards events around Tri and Last Evolution would be totally different

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Daemon should have been the big bad in Tri.

Diablomon is like Myotismon. I’m sick of him. We’re already done him in twice.

Fenrys

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i dont really care who the villain is, i just hope we get Victory Greymon in the movie given its title

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why not both? And then they'll combine.

Notus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Diablomon + Daemon is skirting too close to Ogudomon X. But using Daemon to introduce the SGDL in the Adventure universe proper would be cool, maybe? Ever since tri. introduced Yggdrasil I don't think any piece of the larger lore is out of option.

Fenrys

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Diablomon + Daemon is skirting too close to Ogudomon X. But using Daemon to introduce the SGDL in the Adventure universe proper would be cool, maybe? Ever since tri. introduced Yggdrasil I don't think any piece of the larger lore is out of option.
speaking of the larger lore, based on tri it seems like the royal knights arent a group yet during adventure considering you've got alphamon working with/for yggdrasil, jesmon working with/for homeostasis and omnimon with the kids. getting the demon lords in the adventure universe would be pretty cool i think, especially since the anime has skirted around them a few times

Fenrys

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sins vs opposing crests would be cool thematically

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sins vs opposing crests would be cool thematically
Pride vs Courage

Envy vs Friendship

Lust vs Love

Sloth vs Knowledge

Greed vs Purity

Gluttony vs Sincerity (Reliability)

Wrath vs Hope and Light

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would like that idea too. It could work well. But would the 02 Kids fit in somewhere?

Fenrys

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Despite not having crests, each of the 02 kids do have 2 crests/virtues associated with them, and the demon lords are strong enough that it could merit 2 chosen children for each demon lord (which would help balance tk and Kari vs wrath), the only question would be is there a counterpart where kindness/ken would fit in

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I suppose Kindness could be an opposition to Greed. Sooo

So
Lucemon Falldown mode (pride) vs Tai (Courage) and Wallace (Fate)

Leviamon (Envy)vs Matt (Friendship) and Ryo (Other)

Lilithmon (Lust) vs Sora (love) and Yolei (love/purity)

Belphemon (sloth) vs Izzy (Knowledge) and Davis (Miracles)

Barbamon (greed) vs Mimi (purity) and Ken (Kindness)

Beezlemon (Gluttony)vs Joe (Sincerity) and Cody (Knowledge/Sincerity)

Daemon (wrath) vs TK(Hope) and Kari (Light)

*Added Wallace and Ryo for an even 7 pairings and those two are the most prominent of the bonus digidestined. Ryo being the star of his own video game series and a history with Ken and Tai and Wallace had his own movie

Last edited:

VanChizzle

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm leaning towards Daemon, though I wouldn't be be surprised if they did a retread of Diaboromon again either. Every sequel to Adventure has involved a connection to a previous villain of some sort:

02 - Vamdemon revives himself
Movie 4 - Diaboromon comes back
Tri. - Meicoomon has a shard of Apocalymon's data

If Yggdrasil is still alive and kicking I could see him making another attempt to end humanity before both worlds finally come to some kind of concordance.

Personally hoping for a Millenniumon sighting however...

ggctuk

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm leaning towards Daemon, though I wouldn't be be surprised if they did a retread of Diaboromon again either. Every sequel to Adventure has involved a connection to a previous villain of some sort:

02 - Vamdemon revives himself
Movie 4 - Diaboromon comes back
Tri. - Meicoomon has a shard of Apocalymon's data

If Yggdrasil is still alive and kicking I could see him making another attempt to end humanity before both worlds finally come to some kind of concordance.

Personally hoping for a Millenniumon sighting however...
That would certainly be interesting. Now, the question is whether they'd suggest it was a different Millenniummon to the one Ken and Ryo faced. I would think that would be obvious but not everybody is going to have played the Wonderswan games.

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They should troll everyone by making it Myotismon again. Only he fused with Piedmon and they become BoltBoutamon