Diablomon and Digimon Adventure tri. Figuarts Zero Announced

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, an old figure we haven't seen in a long time appears to finally be coming out.

The Diablomon D-Arts prototype was seen as far back as February 2011, but the figure was never shown past the prototype stage.

With Omegamon and WarGreymon figures themed after Our War Game, it appears they finally have a place for him in the Figuarts line though there is a bit of a twist.

Image Thumbnail

It will come out as part of the Figuarts Zero line, having been modified from the original prototype.

Figuarts Zero, rather than poseable action toys, are more akin to affordable and good quality plastic statues/figures that look good on shelves.

The new coloring benefits the figure well and the posing isn't bad. Since Diablomon likely would have required a bunch of custom work to have him actually made, having him come out as a Figuarts Zero is a fair compromise so we can get a decent Diablomon figure.

In addition to that we are getting 2 Digimon Adventure tri. Figuarts Zero duo sets.

First up we have Taichi and Agumon.

Image Thumbnail

Then we have Yamato and Gabumon.

Image Thumbnail

It's nice to see Digimon branch out into another set of products and hopefully the rest of the kids show up in Figuarts Zero.

It doesn't appear we have any information on price or release date for these yet, but hopefully it won't be to long of a wait.

Thanks to amiami for the news

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I should said that I really like the new figure of Yamato, but I'm not totally convinced about the new figure of Taichi (his smile is a bit disturbing).

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's kinda great how they got the Omegamon and Alphamon toys to be fighting.

I wish I could think of cool poses like that for my toys. Or that they would stay up. Dukemon is a nightmare to even get him to stand.

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like both of the new tri. figures. I hope I can save enough cash to buy at least Yamato's.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's kinda great how they got the Omegamon and Alphamon toys to be fighting.

I wish I could think of cool poses like that for my toys. Or that they would stay up. Dukemon is a nightmare to even get him to stand.
You'll want to buy a Figuarts stand.

They make various stands to fit various figures in different ways and this is how Figuarts often seem to have such great poses (or can stand up when they are weighted oddly or have complicated accessories.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You'll want to buy a Figuarts stand. They make various stands to fit various figures in different ways and this is how Figuarts often seem to have such great poses (or can stand up when they are weighted oddly or have complicated accessories.) Image Thumbnail (custom)
I have one, it came with Dukemon. It just falls apart easily, probably because I wasn't supposed to disassemble it when I had to pack up Dukemon for the move.

LunarianCharm

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Tri figure versions of Taichi and Yamato look great. I wonder how they'll compare quality-wise to the G.E.M. line of Digimon figures.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Inpu you should buy the Tamashii Stage Act 5. for Mechanics. I don't own any myself but I've been meaning to buy some.