Derek Stephen Prince returns as Ken & Veemon in Last Evolution Kizuna, & More Cast Updates, Update- Brian Donovan 'not' Davis

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

During one of his Twitch livestreams (about 53 minutes in), Derek Stephen Prince confirmed he was back as Ken and Veemon (and various other Veemon forms) for Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna.

This is, as far as I'm aware, the first confirmed cast member for the 02 characters, and him alone gets us 25% of the returning cast for those 8 characters! Be interesting to get more of that cast soon.

We haven't been listing every cast member that has popped up, as more than a few are still 'slightly' dancing around it (or at least were last time I looked), but a few others...
Tom Fahn playing Agumon has been mentioned.
I believe Collen O'Shaughnessey has done everything except say the words 'I am Sora in Kizuna'.
Brian Donovan as Davis has been mentioned.
(Some of these were said by others in a way that likely means it is confirmed, but may have just been said as an aside where it isn't clear if the person is saying someone else 'is' in it, or if it's a case of 'well they must be'. It's reasonably safe to assume the ones above are correct, but there is potentially the 'smallest' question about it.))

Hopefully we just get a proper cast list soon.

Update- In an interview with Anime Chronicles (27 minutes in), Brian Donovan was asked about Kizuna, and a few details:
He doesn't do many non-union projects, but he was coming back for Davis.
He was going to speak at the Japanese premiere (we take this to mean the US screening that didn't happen, likely to announce the dub cast.)
An issue with his home studio (after the pandemic shut down traveling, etc.) means they had to recast and he is not Davis in Kizuna.

Not a happy update for many I'm sure.

The release was recently pushed back with no new date announced yet. Pre-orders are still open at Amazon: (affiliate links)
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna BD/DVD
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna DVD

Thanks to Steve Wade for the heads up.

Attachments

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hearing his voice in that video was a nice nostlagia blast from the past. I'm glad they were able to get him back for the roles and he really wanted to do Tri. They could've had him be the fake Emperor in part 5/6, but maybe that would've caused confusion with the real Ken (after Gennai said he wasn't actually Ken). Anyway either way I'm glad to see him back. Following dubbed content is annoying these days (or rather the last few years) as very few pieces of media (whether game or anime) credit the dub actors these days, and we end up with fans asking on Twitter. We know like three from ReArise and Next Order and one of those is because Bandai leaked it by accident. I'm not expecting to get a full cast list, or even a partial one tbh (you get used to it), and we'll have to keep our eyes open on stuff like Twitter for other actors.

and I guess I missed Fahn/Donovan etc, though they don't seem to be "official" official. Ah, the joys of being a dub fan and trying to find who voices who these days.

DazzleDream

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really hope we get Brian Donovan back as Davis. The voice was perfect. I'm glad Derek is back in any rate!

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope Philece Sampler and Tifanie Christun come back to voice Cody and Yolei.

Wadester92

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope Philece Sampler and Tifanie Christun come back to voice Cody and Yolei.
It would be a one shot miracle for Studiopolis to even reach Tifanie Christun to begin with. It's very practical that Yolei will be recasted to another actor. As for Philece Sampler, it's a coin flip as her range is incredible.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hell yeah! Glad all his vigor finally paid off.

taz111

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's great to hear the casting news. Love Derek. He's so diverse in range! I hope we get Dave Mallow back again for this and Edie Mirman, as Angemon and Angewomon respectively. Not really a huge fan of Jamieson Price interpritation of Angemon in the latter of Tri Movies. His voice characterization of Angemon sounded way too Robust and Elderly than what I was used to with Dave, which brought more of a calm and sophisticated approach.

Fingers crossed!

Wadester92

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's great to hear the casting news. Love Derek. He's so diverse in range! I hope we get Dave Mallow back again for this and Edie Mirman, as Angemon and Angewomon respectively. Not really a huge fan of Jamieson Price interpritation of Angemon in the latter of Tri Movies. His voice characterization of Angemon sounded way too Robust and Elderly than what I was used to with Dave, which brought more of a calm and sophisticated approach.

Fingers crossed!
There's a good chance that Dave Mallow has retired from acting since 2017 as he hasn't been active as he used to before he was casted as Angemon for tri. As for Edie Mirman, she could be part of the union along with the fact she's out of touch with Studiopolis.

Derek Stephen Prince's return wasn't surprising, only satisfying he's allowed to confirm it.

KoreeluStromboli

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay! :D

By the way, I imagined Derek Stephen Prince as Ken in Last Evolution Kizuna sounding like a younger Tom Hanks.

raxisa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awesome news. I can't wait to watch!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
An update regarding Brian Donovan in the news post.

He 'was' cast as Davis, but due to production reasons they ended up recasting.

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's... kind of a bummer since the disk got postponed anyway. Hearing that he originally was cast but wasn't able to reprise somehow makes it worse - I wouldn't mind holding out longer if it meant he could reprise, but generally things don't work that way. But glad we're at least getting Derek back for sure.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
'Kind of a bummer' is an understatement. It's god damn frustrating as hell 😖
EDIT: I suppose the one saving grace is that the 8 year time gap could help smooth over any significant difference in the performance.
Still though... knowing he was cast really does make it worse.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn that sucks. I hope his replacement is able to do a good job, and maybe if an alternate universe Davis shows up in the reboot he can be that role instead.

DigiPokeMon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Davis recast is due to Covid-19. Brian Donovan could not record from home hence the recast

If it was not due to Covid-19 Brian Donovan would of reprise his role of Davis I think

Wadester92

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Davis recast is due to Covid-19. Brian Donovan could not record from home hence the recast

If it was not due to Covid-19 Brian Donovan would of reprise his role of Davis I think
Well yeah, but since Studiopolis was closed down due to the pandemic, all actors working on current and upcoming projects have to record from home. Like Marc shared, Brian couldn't reprise because he didn't have his home studio set up in time for his scheduled session.

DigiPokeMon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It seems that Colleen is recording for something on May 23 in her home studio. I am thinking for Last Adventure Kizuna as Sora. More than likey

Last edited: