Demon Preview for Booster Set 8

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
booster8demon_november14_2021.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with a card preview from Booster Set 8 New Hero. This time it's Demon.

Demon gets some firey artwork that almost gives the appearance of being a fancy render. A very fancy looking piece of art for him.

Previous previews for Booster Set 8 New Hero:

Booster Set 8 New Hero will be out on November 26th in Japan.

We have clean card images from Starter Decks 9 & 10, plus Tamers Battle Pack 8, Ghost Game Promos, Online Promos, Tamers Evolution Box 1, & Amazon Starter Promos.

We have the first info for Booster Set 8 New Hero & the Special Entry Set.

We have details for the 2nd Theme Booster, Digimon Tamers.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards
Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 10,528

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh gosh...its looks cool/menacing at the same time lol xD

It like out of the card ish haha

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OH MY GOD THAT'S THE MOST AMAZING LOOKING CARD I HAVE EVER SEEN. THE POSE! THE MENACINGNESS! THE EXPRESSION (OR LACK THERE OF) THE EFFECTS! THIS IS SUCH A GORGEOUS CARD. I WILL LITERALLY PULL UNTIL I GET ONE, AND I HATE DEMON!

Momentai

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So he is a secret. The card looks very good indeed. Of course I'm glad we have him in this set in the end. Maybe we'll get an alternate art of its cloaked version

robiu013

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alternative art will probably be cloaked

Dynamicmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
mills own deck when it evolves and can essentially summon a luceFM from trash if the opponent has 2 digis out (soon to be 1), and can mill the opponent if the trash is big enough as it attacks. for a cost of 3 these are some pretty good effects

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So not the cloaked form? That was the one in 02. Alternatively they could done cloaked as lv6 and this one as lv7. Oh well.

Mon-Ohma

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Demon looks great here. I hope Leviamon gets some good artwork.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awesome artwork, even if I’ve always preferred the cloaked version.

Purple isn’t really my thing so I’m probably wrong but is this the first time a card mills your opponent’s deck? Regardless it will be interesting to see how this strategy goes forward from here. :unsure:

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Daemon
[When Digivolving] Trash 2 cards from the top of your deck for each of your opponent's Digimon. If 4 or more cards are trashed by this effect, you may play a Lv. 5 or lower purple Digimon card from your trash without paying its memory cost.
[When Attacking] (Once Per Turn) For every 10 cards in your trash, trash 3 cards from top of your opponent's Deck. This Digimon gets +3000 DP for the turn.

well, we finally got mill. I was assuming they were avoiding it on purpose and I hope we only get mill super lightly because, as Mark Rosewater puts it, "people want to play their cards". Stopping players from playing their cards because they went straight to their trash is a sure way to give them a not fun experience

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is seriously one of the best looking cards so far! I hope we get his cloaked form art as an alternate!

shynely

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So not the cloaked form? That was the one in 02. Alternatively they could done cloaked as lv6 and this one as lv7. Oh well.

Presumably a level 7 will be V-Tamer's Demon Super.

Momentai

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Purple isn’t really my thing so I’m probably wrong but is this the first time a card mills your opponent’s deck?
We have Megidramon, but it probably isn't the best at milling without any other support.

Darklabo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All Lvl7 cards has been considered Ultra-Levels Digimon in at least one media before that, so if a form of Daemon should be a Lvl7, I think it would be the Super-Ultimate one from V-Tamers.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All Lvl7 cards has been considered Ultra-Levels Digimon in at least one media before that, so if a form of Daemon should be a Lvl7, I think it would be the Super-Ultimate one from V-Tamers.

Well, Daemon Beast Mode was a lv7 in Masters. Not Japanese material, but counts enough I think.

As for the Ultra from from VT I don't think that'll show up though I guess it's not out of the question for them to do a VT set.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Demon is on fire. Not enough scary. Needs more darker and darker, something scarier.

rmzy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I look forward to these card reveals daily and rarely have much to say about them since I don't actually collect or play the game, but WOW what crazy impressive art on this one!

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like we really haven't seen a whole lot of the cloaked version ever since the Seven Great Demon Lords were established as a group.

Ultimamon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cloaked form seems to be something that's solely associated with the 02 Anime nowadays.