December Site Stuff, NEW THEME, and Other Important Business

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I should note...

this is the theme that was supposed to be finished months ago that was going to be ready 'in a day or so' and it sorta changed.

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=godofchaos link=topic=11063.msg140087#msg140087 date=1228767711]
aki: thats pretty dang good
godofchaos: the only issue
godofchaos: its kinda fucky on non widescreen and smaller resolutions
aki: ehhh well.. force them to modernize their monitors
[/quote]

That is why the other themes are still there XD

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If we get it off the ground, I think some people will be pleased with
WtW Media- 'do Pokemon stuff, Digimon stuff, a few HD things, few other things'
especially those really long term fans of digimon (for nostalgic reasons if nothing else).

I imagine that some of that pokemon stuff is the rest of those OP/EDs that started to come out last spring was it?

celestial_sacred

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The first thing I saw was the bit of Taichi's hair and I screamed "Taichi-san!!" just to see that I can't scroll anymore to the right to see his full image. >_> Since my resolution's too small, I could only see the whole page after zooming out but the words will be tiny. But this is still nice!

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Vande link=topic=11063.msg140214#msg140214 date=1228851824]
Oh btb, my monitor is up to date, widescreen and even i can't see the full layout lol.
I love the WtW 2008 too much anyhow.
[/quote]

Dunno what the "whole" layout is supposed to be, but on my work computer (1280x1024), I can see both masaru and taichi. Mind you, at home, I run 1024x768 so it looks crap there.

S

Shade

I have my computer on the highest res it can go and I still can't see the whole image. I can see Masaru and Taichi fine, but the side kinda get cut off.

I find this too weird, I'll try it for a bit longer, but I'm probably going to switch back. None the less it looks great.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since no one has said it yet

Masaru and Taichi are the border of the layout, if you can see them, you can see the whole thing.

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, that's not the deal, the deal it's that there are a space before masaru and after taichi that looks empty and strange, but anyway i will wait to see the finished layout

OT: can you make a wallpaper with the last layout? all those digimon look great : D

Danre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If nothing else, when switching back to the old theme I noticed there is a Panda theme still there.

Of course, I immediately switched to it, so some good came of this after all.

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok, I guess even at 1280 I wasn't seeing the full size.

In case anyone is wondering, the image itself is 1400 pixels across, so that's the minimum horizontal width you need to see the layout properly.

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Angel-kun:
"the deal it's that there are a space before masaru and after taichi that looks empty and strange,"
Well, that space is for the other characters I was working on.

"but anyway i will wait to see the finished layout"
Don't hold your breath.

@jpwong:
"Ok, I guess even at 1280 I wasn't seeing the full size.

In case anyone is wondering, the image itself is 1400 pixels across, so that's the minimum horizontal width you need to see the layout properly."

Technically, yeah, the background image is larger than let on by a 1280x1024 resolution, but that was more cake than not seeing the whole thing properly. It was never intended to go end to end, but to have excess at the edges to give some form of flexibility.

So, you are actually seeing it properly if you have a resolution of 1280x1024.

Orochi

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That big blue room with the really bright light
[quote author=lost in thought link=topic=11063.msg140401#msg140401 date=1228963299]
So, you are actually seeing it properly if you have a resolution of 1280x1024.
[/quote]

Yeah... as a web designer, I think you're probably already aware of what I'm about to say. Nevertheless, I still want to remind you that the majority of web users out there use 1024x768, and it's been a sort of unwritten rule of thumb for a while. Granted, it's gone down a lot in recent years, but still, as of this September, ~40% of users browse with 1024x768.

Of course, while this particular layout may never be completed, I just wanted to point that out.

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Orochi:
Well, sure, but that only matters if the intention was for the layout to only be properly viewed with that resolution from the start, but it wasn't. Instead, I wanted to actually make the background adjust based on the resolution, but this plan hadn't been carried out yet.

The point was really that the way its displayed in 1280x1024 is the intended look, not that users should be using a higher resolution.

Key word being intended. lol