December Site Stuff, NEW THEME, and Other Important Business

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Years almost over.

Semester is almost over (thank 'insert 10 minutes of cursing' god)

Once my semester ends I'm gonna go through every part of the site personally and figure out what needs to be done.

Few things I can think of

Card Terminal- In general stuff needs to be gone thru, getting game rules up, checking what needs to be done, and also changing the interface a bit.

Forum- Been talking with Beo, after the minor earlier planning we did (Beo has a semester much like mine, anytime we were ready to do work both of us were to out of it). So the forum changed will be done once the semester is over. new theme is theoretically being working on by lost. also go thru staff, and x-evo staff (took to long to do this, just been busy, although that isn't really an acceptable excuse)

Main site- lost is theoretically working on the main site, and aki will join him once his semester is over

File Island- they do what they do

DMA- he does what he does 'note to self- remind deviate that his banner doesnt actually say his sites name'

WtW Media- 'do Pokemon stuff, Digimon stuff, a few HD things, few other things'

?????- Also comes with a new admin

OD- New frontpage and forum changes should take care of everything there

Few other things also

and

New Theme..... the new theme is a proto theme me and lost worked on and came up with ideas for based around just trying new stuff. The few staff members who have seen it really liked it and want to see it go up, so despite it not really being done, it's going up, although it will probably only be the default theme for a week or two. If your resolution is set to low there can be issues with the theme, so I'll let Aki speak his mind about that

aki: thats pretty dang good
godofchaos: the only issue
godofchaos: its kinda fucky on non widescreen and smaller resolutions
aki: ehhh well.. force them to modernize their monitors

Feel free to ask any questions, add suggestions, or comments on anything. Let's hear stuff about the theme, hence the reason for putting a proto theme up in the first place.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated the initial post with info about the theme.

and remember folks, it's a PROTOTYPE, theme, it isn't done, although everything should work.

BlackWarGreymonX

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That was weird I hit submit and the entire site changed.

I quite like the new skin though it makes for a refreshing change.

Ange

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like it, great job! :) I'm just trying to get used to it at the moment.

Vallant

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Its a lot more.... fun. But It'll take some getting used too.

Lord Puppetmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't like it. Having to look at the right side of my monitor constantly is a pain in the neck. Quite literally.

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It looks all right, but... There needs to be more people/Digimon.

And why does it show the back of Masaru?

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't like it. I've already switched back...

All I see is a lot of blue and some of Taichi's hair. I can't change my resolution, as I can't read anything on my screen if I do... I find it sort of boring anyway. Also, I couldn't locate the unread messages thing. It's nice for the effort though, and it's good that some are enjoying it.

digiboy123

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, it does look really nice. But Masaru's back on one side and a lone Tai on the other? It should look awesome with more stuff. Good job so far though.

Regent

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Panda disapproves of this change.

::switches back to the Greymonses::

BlackWarGreymonX

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=digiboy123 link=topic=11063.msg140132#msg140132 date=1228781162]
Yes, it does look really nice. But Masaru's back on one side and a lone Tai on the other? It should look awesome with more stuff. Good job so far though.
[/quote]

What are you talking about I see no image.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Like I said, it's a prototype

and there are resolution issues lol

if your resolution isnt high enough you may never notice part of it

Airdra

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I did a double-take whenever I logged on to get my first look at the new theme; it's not what I was expecting. Not a bad start, by any means.

Togemon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like it, it makes the forum seem more upbeat in my opinion because of the bright blue and how "with the will" is written at the top.

Orochi

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That big blue room with the really bright light
Meh...I'm not really too big on the whole "put everything in the center" thing. The banner is a lot more intrusive, in my opinion. But I like the quote boxes a lot more. Colors have a nice contrast and are less harsh on the eyes. And I like the new nav bar not being just plain ol' links anymore.

So basically, I'd say it's a start, but I wouldn't use it in its current form. For the final rev, I'd say a) make everything left-aligned again or use a fluid instead of fixed layout, and b) make the banner smaller, less intrusive, but with more content. Because right now, in my opinion, it's kinda bare.

But even then, I'm not sure if I'd switch to the final revision when it comes out. I'll have to wait and see.

Also, even if it's disabled, I really don't think it's a good idea to put a big huge "ADMIN" button right there in the forum nav. :/

BlackWarGreymonX

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well it finally loaded but I've gone back to the old skin. This is what I get for running safari.

Orochi

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That big blue room with the really bright light
[quote author=BlackWarGreymonX link=topic=11063.msg140155#msg140155 date=1228788137] This is what I get for running safari.
[/quote]

Honestly, the only problem I can see in Safari is that the gradients are a bit wonky, but the old theme had that too. :/

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
GAH, DIE DIE DIE. Lost no like going live with unfinished work.

In all seriousness, I was against this.

@Puppetmon:
Its untested and unfinished, so obviously there'll be some problems.

@PY687:
"It looks all right, but... There needs to be more people/Digimon.
And why does it show the back of Masaru?"

Well, the idea was to have more people. Not so much Digimon, but in my original vision I wanted to have all the 'goggle kids', although trying to design as well as do the banner artwork, well... it was a bit of a process that took awhile. On top of other projects, and life in general, ultimately the banner didn't get any more done than the rest of the theme.

As for Masaru being the way he is, well... the easiest way to get the point across is that it was part of a theme I was going for. But since I wasn't able to bang out the art for the rest of the kids, the idea was kind of lost along the way, even though I had planned to try and finish it either before or after the theme was finished and premiered.

@Orochi:
Well, since goc already has new plans, it looks like this may never actually be finished. If nothing else, its something of a proof of concept, I guess, more than anything else.

"Also, even if it's disabled, I really don't think it's a good idea to put a big huge "ADMIN" button right there in the forum nav. :/"
Well, its just a button. Unless I fucked something up, it shouldn't be an active link for non-Admins. But even if we handed someone the link to the administration panel, it wouldn't really be any less secure.

But, I had intended to have it disappear, but again, a casuality of the unfinished state.