DBZ Season 1 Boxset

SeiferA

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If I said it once, Ill say it again:

Those do NOT look remastered at all. Defienatly NOT in the same level as the Dragon Box set one bit.

Socar

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What a fucking waste.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't give this set a review, more and more the set looks incomplete...

Don't buy it, that's all i can say, I've gone over it so many times in the last 2 4 hours, it is COMPLETELY fucked.

digiboy123

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's very sad. I was wanting to convert to uncut DVD and sell all of my uncut VHS boxsets on the way.

Just to ask, are the current uncut DVDs (I know that ALL of the episodes are out on uncut DVD here) better to buy?

Gemmaknight22

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, that is horrid!

I think all the uncut DVD's by Funimation at the moment is using the same source, meaning that the quality is identical to those up in the screenshots you see. If you really want to collect the Dragonball Collection of DVD's, I think you should wait until Funimation change their source for their remaster uncut DVD's or wait til Toei releases the Dragon ball DVD's again. The latter is more likely, since Dragon ball franchise still seems really strong. They'll probably release unlimited edition dragonbox sets or something similar to get make more money off us consumers that demand for DVD releases of this entire series.

Lord Puppetmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ooooh... can't wait to hear what the guys at Daizenshuu EX have to say about that. Probably find a way to tie it in to their discussion on Funimation's lies from Sunday.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=digiboy123 link=topic=2173.msg32811#msg32811 date=1169825718]
That's very sad. I was wanting to convert to uncut DVD and sell all of my uncut VHS boxsets on the way.

Just to ask, are the current uncut DVDs (I know that ALL of the episodes are out on uncut DVD here) better to buy?
[/quote]

Not sure where you live, but if it's the USA, not all the episodes were released on uncut DVD, they stopped before the end to move to this release.

digiboy123

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=godofchaos link=topic=2173.msg32859#msg32859 date=1169856573]
Not sure where you live, but if it's the USA, not all the episodes were released on uncut DVD, they stopped before the end to move to this release.
[/quote]
Really? I thought all the episodes were out... Which episodes aren't in uncut format?

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=digiboy123 link=topic=2173.msg32905#msg32905 date=1169904546]
Really? I thought all the episodes were out... Which episodes aren't in uncut format?
[/quote]

Funimation's "Ultimate Uncut" line releases had been done up until volume 9, which accounted for the whole of (if I am not mistaken) season one of the show, alternatively known as the "Saiyan" and "Vegeta" sagas (variance by releases, in this case it is, and continues to be known as the Vegeta saga, by Funimation's naming.)

After the ninth volume of the dvd line was released last year (Vegeta - "Ultimate Sacrifice") it mysteriously ended with Funimation canceling plans of releasing any forthcoming volumes related to Ultimate Uncut. This now leaves season two ("Namek Saga" as titled by Funimation) completely unaccounted for by those releases, as well as the few episodes from which they've titled the "Ginyu Saga"; until such time as they release it in boxset.

However, while anything after this wasn't released via the Ultimate Uncut line, all of the DVDs that came after the Ginyu discs (and maybe even including those, but I can't remember) are, as I am aware, uncut. Some, however, have had cut/edited releases in the past along side their uncut counterparts (mostly the movies/tv specials I believe it was.)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually, the Vegeta Saga was 2 boxes, the second box wasn't yet done as far as I am aware (although I may be wrong on that one)