Data types increasing lately

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Deathmon is such weird. Only Virus when transforming into black. So I want a new one that doesn't go change the Attribute and no recolor. And he finally appeared in that new season but obviously I think some people will mostly mistake him for a Virus type lol.

Devitamamon may have "Devi" in its name but I feel like it's more of Nightmare dream egg creature. Rasenmon Fury Mode is simply rabid animal. I just need a new Demon type with Data attribute. Not other types. Just only Demon type.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Both Deathmon colors are recorded as Data-attribute in the DRB. Furthermore, the white one has also been recategorized as Virus-attribute in the TCG on at least one occasion, just like the black one.

There are plenty of Data-attribute Nightmare Soldiers. If you're specifically picky about "demonic" Nightmare Soldiers, there are also plenty of Data-attribute Demon Man-species (Demon Man includes Beelstarmon, Astamon, Boogiemon, etc.) Digimon.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What the Hades? Both?! Now that defeats the purpose of his Black version, "The Destruction God" or something.

Hmm I think it's hard to tell what I want specifically for a Data attribute Demon Digimon when I post like that. Specifically... A demon creature with totally demonic appearance (Humanoid or beast but more mixed Evilmon & Boogiemon-ish) with Data attribute. For example, Lampmon. He looks so demonic yet it's Data instead of Virus.

Hm? Data attribute Nightmare Soldier/Demon Man? Yeah it's kinda close to what I need for. But they are mostly humans in demon cosplay or demon clothing. Maybe I can take Aegiomon/Aegiochusmon for example? Ugh I need specific words fit that appearance match to what I described? Like Oni, Ogre, Troll to point out easily specifically despite shares similar appearances?

Wait... Then why Deathmon is there in that new season in the first place if they are still Data type? Along with the whole demon armies...

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is also my first time hearing that the black Deathmon is listed as Data in the DRB (Wikimon didn't even list it as of this writing). Seems kinda redundant with its gray form, and it was definitely Virus in the card game (granted, the card game also has a Virus variant of the gray version). I wonder about the possibility of this just being an error, like the aforementioned error with JesmonX. Pretty much everything else about Deathmon (Black)'s profile just seems to be copy/pasted from Deathmon, after all.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It isn't a separate subspecies like BlackAgumon. It is the same Deathmon, just that it change colors when it's in a destructive mood. Doesn't exactly necessitates an attribute-change, or even a profile-change. As previously mentioned, Justimon also copy-pastes the same profile for all three arms too.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
shoutout to the Bancho group for having Data be its most common attribute! (the members consist of 1 Vaccine, 1 Virus, 1 Free, and 2 Data). That's very rare for Digimon groups to have Data be the most prominent and I can't think of another example that does this

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
shoutout to the Bancho group for having Data be its most common attribute! (the members consist of 1 Vaccine, 1 Virus, 1 Free, and 2 Data). That's very rare for Digimon groups to have Data be the most prominent and I can't think of another example that does this
The Royal Knights actually have an equal number of Datas and Vaccines, at 5 each (with 2 Viruses and 1 Free). Though I guess this is easy to forget since none of the Data Royal Knights were anime protagonists, with Jesmon being about the only one to have any significant focus. And if the founder Imperialdramon Paladin Mode gets counted (and/or Magnamon gets its card game attribute), then yes, the Vaccines do outnumber them in such a case.

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah That gold version of evo line, Data type for Examon. Examon got all jewelry over his whole body. I think Dracomon will never have that gold version in the light ever... At all eternity. Because Examon is moved as the new jogress for Slayerdramon and Breakdramon.

I think unused concept arts may have more Data types than we thought. Maybe... Because they looked less impressive in their views?
Late reply, but seeing as this thread is active again...
You're misremembering. The Yellow/Gold Coredramon line was to become Slayerdramon. Examon was originally the final form of the Blue Coredramon's line (presumably he would have been blue too). This explains the physiological similarities between Wingdramon and Examon, and why Wingdramon and Slayerdramon isn't as smooth a transition as Groundramon to Breakdramon.
What attributes the lines had has never been confirmed, although a Dorumon-esque trio of lines for each attribute is likely. My guess is that Green would stay Virus, Blue would be Data, and Gold was Vaccine, but I could be wrong.
I believe it was also stated that Slayerdramon, not Examon, was meant to be the Royal Knight of the line.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Vaccine: Alphamon, Omegamon, Magnamon, UlforceV-dramon, Sleipmon and Craniummon
Data: Dynasmon, Duftmon, Examon, Gankoomon, and Jesmon
Virus: Dukemon and LordKnightmon

Hey that's total 6 Vaccine. 5 Data in there. Whose is Free..? Magnamon?

Let's see, about other groups...

Olympus Twelve;
Vaccine: Apollomon, Neptunemon, Venusmon, Jupitermon, Marsmon
Data: Dianamon, Vulcanusmon, Cresmon
Virus: Bacchusmon, Junomon, Mercurymon, Minervamon,

Related with: Plutomon (Shockingly Virus), Titamon (Virus) and GraceNovamon (Vaccine)

Ancient Warriors, Devas and Holy Beasts have more Data. Each three Devas serve as the followers to Holy Beasts to match their Attribute.

6 Data to two Holy Beast members. 3 Vaccine to one Holy Beast members with same attribute. Other one Holy Beast and 3 Deva with Virus attribute.

Ancient Warriors: 4 Data. 3 Vaccine. 3 Virus.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is also my first time hearing that the black Deathmon is listed as Data in the DRB (Wikimon didn't even list it as of this writing). Seems kinda redundant with its gray form, and it was definitely Virus in the card game (granted, the card game also has a Virus variant of the gray version). I wonder about the possibility of this just being an error, like the aforementioned error with JesmonX. Pretty much everything else about Deathmon (Black)'s profile just seems to be copy/pasted from Deathmon, after all.
Huh I guess the DRB must've retconned it and no one noticed until now - like when they changed Jesmon GX. thats if it ever actually listed it as Virus. It got overlooked by fans either way.

As for the mention of GraceNovamon being Vaccine, it's possible Apollomon is considered to be the "base" of it.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Late reply, but seeing as this thread is active again...
You're misremembering. The Yellow/Gold Coredramon line was to become Slayerdramon. Examon was originally the final form of the Blue Coredramon's line (presumably he would have been blue too). This explains the physiological similarities between Wingdramon and Examon, and why Wingdramon and Slayerdramon isn't as smooth a transition as Groundramon to Breakdramon.
What attributes the lines had has never been confirmed, although a Dorumon-esque trio of lines for each attribute is likely. My guess is that Green would stay Virus, Blue would be Data, and Gold was Vaccine, but I could be wrong.
I believe it was also stated that Slayerdramon, not Examon, was meant to be the Royal Knight of the line.
Ah my memory is getting worse than before. Jeez.

Gold: Vaccine and Blue: Data does make sense to me. It's pity Examon X's form was decided as the only one. They could give more meanings to Examon X's concept arts to have multiple Modes.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think I have seen a Demon type with Data attribute before.
Deathmon and Devitamamon (both from the D-3s, interestingly enough).

I really like how they kept the neutrality of Deathmon's source inspiration and its profile explicitly states that it isn't wicked and tries its hardest to be neutral. Digimon's grey areas instead of having everything be black and white is very nice to see. Devitamamon being data without his profile having to explain why I also like as I firmly believe attribute doesn't equal morality

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All Child levels of Great Archangels are mostly Data types.
I seem to have overlooked this earlier, but that's a great point (though your wording's pretty awkward; "all" and "mostly" in the same statement? Come now).

Seraphimon<<Patamon
Cherubimon<<Lopmon
SlashAngemon<<Kotemon

I guess you could also throw in Dominimon as deriving from Patamon, as well as ClavisAngemon (some have been advocating for ClavisAngemon to be Shakkoumon's canon Ultimate, though Patamon still makes up half of Shakkoumon). Seems like the only outliers are Ofanimon and Rasielmon (derived from Plotmon and.... whatever Meicoomon's Child is, I'd assume it to just be a stylized Plotmon until we hear otherwise).

Come to think of it, we still don't have a Throne Digimon, do we?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thrones are usually treated as being the same as Ophanim. I've seen Ophanimon's type translated as Throne before.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well my English isn't that great. I just noticed Plotmon's attribute is Vaccine. So... Yeah how weird.

ClavisAngemon is still X antibody.

Kotemon? Well to me, all DW3 partners evolving to their Adult levels makes sense for me however beyond Perfect and Ultimate forms that doesn't match to them after all as if they were selected randomly to put them in to complete their evo lines. Although Koemon - Hookmon is weird although I know this evo line is full of weapons. Interestingly Cannondramon is the only one whose is Data while previous evo is full of Virus

Throne digimon. Wish they release that sooner. But probably end up Vaccine attribute. Or not...

Interesting Deathmon's origin name. But there is nothing angelic about it if it references "Angel of Death". All I see the old design of evil eyed minion who works for the devil king in RPG game to me. Hard to believe it's really Data. Ha

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well my English isn't that great. I just noticed Plotmon's attribute is Vaccine. So... Yeah how weird.

ClavisAngemon is still X antibody.

Kotemon? Well to me, all DW3 partners evolving to their Adult levels makes sense for me however beyond Perfect and Ultimate forms that doesn't match to them after all as if they were selected randomly to put them in to complete their evo lines. Although Koemon - Hookmon is weird although I know this evo line is full of weapons. Interestingly Cannondramon is the only one whose is Data while previous evo is full of Virus

Throne digimon. Wish they release that sooner. But probably end up Vaccine attribute. Or not...

Interesting Deathmon's origin name. But there is nothing angelic about it if it references "Angel of Death". All I see the old design of evil eyed minion who works for the devil king in RPG game to me. Hard to believe it's really Data. Ha
The DW3 evos are based on their weapons. Guns, Swords, and Fists. To reference the JRPG classes or whatever.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I know that but I don't know about the JRPG classes. Warrior, Monk and Gunner/Archer?

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't overthink it. It's just that DW3 uses weapons as a major gameplay-component, so the starter Digimon are representative of each weapon-type, like how they're also representative of Virus-Data-Vaccine.
There are plenty of games without a "class" system where weapons are divided between ranged, melee, and unarmed/fists. Rather, the weapons themselves are the "classes."

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You would be tempted to think attributes don't really matter with those lines since Digimon World 3 seemed to ignore attributes entirely..... but then again, outside of DMW3, the trio of Bearmon, Kotemon, and Koemon were each given the Vaccine, Data, Virus attributes. Same with their Adult forms. It's only when they get to their Perfects and especially Ultimates that they really start to diverge. In hindsight, though, had they kept the lines consistent, maybe SlashAngemon could've been our first Data angel. And does anyone think Kyukimon and Cannondramon would've felt out of place as a Data and Virus, respectively?