Data types increasing lately

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Have you noticed lately...? NoblePumpmon, Rasenmon, Rasenmon Fury Mode, Rafflesimon lastly Bryweludramon. Newer Digimon focused on increasing the Data type lately.

But I still haven't heard from Bulcomon's whole evo line yet to confirm from Digimon Encounters. It said its attributes are Vaccine/Data cuz only Bulcomon's official profile exists there. And Digimon Encounters didn't introduce Attribute?

Jazamon's line, too. Nobody reported its attribute from Linkz?

I still kept mistaking Rafflesimon and Rasenmon Fury Mode for Virus types, I'm so forgetful...

Anything else I missed/overlooked?

Oh yes I excluded X antibody of 2019/2018. Although I'm still confused at Jesmon X's attribute changed. Tch! Why Bandai...

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jesmon X did seem to be Data in the Vpet at least. Makes me wonder if the DRB was an error.

Links doesn't use attributes. Neither does ReArise actually, it just has them listed in its profiles unlike Links and Encounters.

Blucomon was Vaccine from the Vpet, which seemed to give the attributes to the password Digimon randomly, EG Sistermon Ciel is Vaccine there.

I did notice this myself recently though, they've really buffed up Data lately which pleases me as well. The full Ludomon line is another Data one.

Data was very lacking, so the Blucomon, Herissmon, and Ludomon lines nicely bump up their ranks. Jazamon will probably be Vaccine, but we'll find out in the coming days since Bandai Twitter are getting closer and closer to the point theyd only have his line left to post for the X3 lol

and I guess Ciel can count as a new Data new (with the Awakened mode being Mega power though we technically haven't seen the Data version yet)

Oh and CresGarurumon

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah buffed so hard to make up since Cyber Sleuth series barely have more Data types for Ultimate levels. Yeah I'm fully aware of Ludomon's evo line is Data that's why I posted Bryweludramon there

Jazamon's evo and Blucomon's evo for official profiles will take forever along with HUDIEMON. HUDIEMON!

CresGarurumon and Sistermon Ciel (2018) appeared in 2017 so I excluded it because Hacker Memory appeared in 2017 at Japan but obviously Bandai will not continue new series for Cyber Sleuth anymore. Shame.

Thanks for info on Encounters and Linkz, I have forgotten how to play Linkz cuz it felt so short timed... Rearise is less interesting for my personal preferences :/

V-pet giving the wrong Attributes or References... Sigh I thought they finally noted but still as usual they continue "oops" patterns.

I think Bulcomon fits Vaccine too well. And Jazamon being Vaccine type is a bit weird for me because the most Vehicle type Digimon given Data types like Locomon, Tankmon, Blimpmon, etc besides Virus types for War Vehicle or transport digimon and Rescue vehicle/transport like Submarimon for Vaccine types but Metallicdramon is kinda scary so it's hard to judge its Attribute...

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mostly thin Jazamon will be Vaccine due to being Vorvomon's rival, so I think theyll be opposing attributes. Vorvomon is the bad guy of the game too, giving him Virus, and I guess Jazamon is supposed to be seen as the good guy. He even has a team of Omnimons working for him. He'll be Vaccine for sure. keep your eye on Bandai's twitter this week, they'll prob post Jazamon and his forms there, as well as Blucomons (though all should be Data, you never know, it could change at the final stage lol)

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see. Team of Omegamons huh.

GraceNovamon's attribute would be Data type because the universe is sorta... The blessing of all Creations you know? Just being Vaccine that is totally extreme overkill to eliminate the enemies along with allies and innocent lifeforms with even planets in the way... Gigantic galaxy sized AOE attacks.

I think Bulcomon and Jazamon's evo lines with official profiles will be released after X3 finishes revealing two more left along with unrevealed ones first then X antibodies' profiles lastly. I hope they haven't forgotten about Jupitermon and Junomon's modes along with Hudiemon...

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this influx is very welcome. While looking on Cyber Sleuth's digimon list I was a bit surprised the only Data type Ultra was Examon. Then I started looking for possible candidates and GraceNovamon came to mind... and then I checked and it is Vaccine type. :/

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this influx is very welcome. While looking on Cyber Sleuth's digimon list I was a bit surprised the only Data type Ultra was Examon. Then I started looking for possible candidates and GraceNovamon came to mind... and then I checked and it is Vaccine type. :/
Even then he was a Mega that was retconned to Ultra so basically doesn't even count lol

Leopardmon LM is a 25 memory like all the ultras but is only listed a Mega for some reason. he even has ultra stats.

Last edited:

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know about stats, but the NX digimons are 6 memory, at least in Complete Edition.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Ultra" level. Heh I'm very grateful for Digimon designed a certain powerful lady, Rafflesimon shame about her lifespan... And Rasenmon Fury Mode is only one Data type to have a mode and it's not recolor also it's "Dark/Corrupted" evo besides Rosemon/MirageGaogamon Burst Mode. So in the future, they will design amazing Data types to cover more.

I think "Ultra"/Super Ultimate had too many Vaccine/Virus types. I'm looking forward for a new Data type, Super Ultimate. Not jogress like Rafflesimon and Examon... And... Data version of "Omega" or "Chaos" clone. JUST ONE.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Considering how historically overlooked Data types are, I think this is a great turn of events. One thing I do tend to like about Data types is the wide variety in their designs, so more are always welcome.

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know about stats, but the NX digimons are 6 memory, at least in Complete Edition.
Champion stats

edit: I meant LM
Ok, I was a bit confused. I didn't get any of the mode changing mons in CS yet, but maybe the LM classification is due to mechanics? I heard the mode changes can be done freely at the Digilab, but don't know the exact workings of it.

And looking at the list, Beelzebumon BM is also 25 memory and "only" Mega, which is weird as he's closer to an "evolution mode", like Dukemon Crimson Mode, who is Ultra in-game. Is he another free mode changer?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Champion stats

edit: I meant LM
Ok, I was a bit confused. I didn't get any of the mode changing mons in CS yet, but maybe the LM classification is due to mechanics? I heard the mode changes can be done freely at the Digilab, but don't know the exact workings of it.

And looking at the list, Beelzebumon BM is also 25 memory and "only" Mega, which is weird as he's closer to an "evolution mode", like Dukemon Crimson Mode, who is Ultra in-game. Is he another free mode changer?
No, you evolve into him like CM

And what you theorised isn't it either as Belphemon SM becomes RM through mode change and switches from Mega to Ultra and gains three memory upon doing so

Beelzemon BM and Leopardmon LM have Ultra stats but arent listed as Ultras for... reasons.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't speak for the games, but are there no Ultra/Super Ultimates in the Reference Book itself?

Considering how historically overlooked Data types are, I think this is a great turn of events. One thing I do tend to like about Data types is the wide variety in their designs, so more are always welcome.
Agreed. I feel like a lot of the visually appealing Digimon that are created tend to lean towards the angelic/demonic ends of the spectrum and thus towards Vaccine/Virus, while Data sometimes gets overlooked. I wonder if this is because they're trying to expand into Data being more of a neutral attribute that can accommodate more "grey area" themes instead.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't speak for the games, but are there no Ultra/Super Ultimates in the Reference Book itself?
Super Ultimates aren't really a thing outside of certain contexts. They're just an amorphous subcategory of Ultimate, which is how the Reference Book treats them.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if this is because they're trying to expand into Data being more of a neutral attribute that can accommodate more "grey area" themes instead.
Well what about "Free" attribute? It's shown on Digimon Book References.... I find it really hard to judge. Unknown attributes are obviously involved with Keramon's line and Apocalymon (And anything related to him like Meicoomon's line) who have unknown origin/births.

How is this "wide variety" in your viewpoint, I'm curious?

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Examon is kinda of a special case. He was suppose to had a evolution line, saporated from the blue and green Coredramon. I think it was suppose to be a gold version. It never became flotation, so they decide to just combine the mega of the two lines, into Examon.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah That gold version of evo line, Data type for Examon. Examon got all jewelry over his whole body. I think Dracomon will never have that gold version in the light ever... At all eternity. Because Examon is moved as the new jogress for Slayerdramon and Breakdramon.

I think unused concept arts may have more Data types than we thought. Maybe... Because they looked less impressive in their views?

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They also have some of my all-time favorite Digimon, like Plesiomon and the Renamon line. I might consider it my favorite attribute overall.

Virus has a lot of cool Digimon too, but it's kinda brought down with how redundant it is. WAY too many Digimon among them are either Nightmare Soldiers or in some other way associated with darkness as an element (as well as black recolors of other Digimon..... though honesty, black does make for a nice look on some of them). Vaccine I'd honestly say is the most boring type to me. Aside from having Virus's issue of redundancy, except with angelic and holy Digimon, it feels like , especially nowadays, so many of them just seem to have a design suited towards a designated protagonist (which is rather unfortunate, since when Virus can get away from the typically demonic designs, it actually has a lot of unique designs that don't make you think "obvious villain"; I don't get near much of that same impression with Vaccines, though I guess it doesn't help that so many of its designs WERE used in anime hero roles). Needless to say, outliers to these design philosophies are greatly appreciated (Craniummon comes off seeming like one of the more ruthless Royal Knights, and the likes of Snimon, SkullMammon, and Cyberdramon make for great case studies on how Vaccines' pursuit of justice can turn into extremism..... and of course, who can forget our favorite, crimson-clad holy knight who somehow manages to be a Virus?).

That said, I'm quite happy to see the protagonist Digimon trending more towards Data types at the moment. What's especially satisfying is that, unlike DORUmon, they aren't just copping out and going Vaccine at the last minute (and that's even despite one of them being a fellow Royal Knight). Jesmon (thank god that X-Antibody profile got amended), Rasenmon, Hexeblaumon, Metallicdramon, they all hang onto that Data typing all the way to the end. Rasenmon even has an evil form that doesn't just go Virus, so that's pretty cool too.

I wonder if this is because they're trying to expand into Data being more of a neutral attribute that can accommodate more "grey area" themes instead.
Well what about "Free" attribute? It's shown on Digimon Book References.... I find it really hard to judge. Unknown attributes are obviously involved with Keramon's line and Apocalymon (And anything related to him like Meicoomon's line) who have unknown origin/births.

How is this "wide variety" in your viewpoint, I'm curious?
Free is kinda weird. Even though Data's supposed to be seen as the "neutral" type, Free's far more neutral in a mechanical sense in that it doesn't have advantages or disadvantages against anything. I think Free just came about because Bandai was too lazy to give the 02 Digimon standard attributes (even though the card game would designate them with one anyway). And then they pulled the same thing with Hybrids (except that time, even the card game was willing to just adapt the Variable attribute rather than desginating a standard one). Though maybe in-lore, it's possible to justify this as ancient Digimon having existed before attributes were a thing (with Armor evolution being a thing reserved for ancient species, while Hybrids derive from Ancient Digimon...... even though said Ancient Digimon themselves have attributes). Not sure how to explain all these Xros Wars Digimon running around without an attribute, but maybe they could just be passed off as their own subset of Digimon (just like how they don't have any true leveling system).

Even then he was a Mega that was retconned to Ultra so basically doesn't even count lol

Leopardmon LM is a 25 memory like all the ultras but is only listed a Mega for some reason. he even has ultra stats.
More like Cyber Sleuth retconned it from being a Jogress, and thus an obvious contender for being a Super Ultimate, first before Hacker's Memory reversed it. And I'm not sure why they did this since, aside from its ridiculous size shown off in the story, Data ended up having zero Super Ultimates prior to Hacker's Memory (though maybe they just didn't want to include Dracomon's lines at first, thus Examon treated as a regular Ultimate). The Duftmon thing is also odd, since in that same game, Belphemon proved that Super Ultimates can result from a simple mode change (not only that but, as I've discussed in a previous thread in the past, it's possible that Leopard Mode was supposed to be the Super Ultimate form that Duftmon was aiming to become in Cyber Sleuth's story, considering we never see LM in any narrative context).

And yeah, it bugged me how GraceNovamon ended up being yet another Vaccine. Really, it seems like Data's always coming up short in the fusion game, and I don't understand why. Like, okay, original Pendulum rules dictate that a Data combined with a Vaccine or Virus will always result in the latter type. But, if a Vaccine and Virus were to Jogress, the good and evil are supposed to cancel out and result in a Data...... so why the hell didn't that work for Mastemon? That's more like Digimon World 2 Jogress rules where the dominant type wins out (in this case, Vaccine beats Virus), but it never seems to work for Data beating out Vaccine, so it's like they're just mix-and-matching rules whenever they feel like in a way that screws Data over. Then you've got some that are just bizarre, like LordRagnamon. And fuck whoever decided that Aegisdramon needs to be a Vaccine (Data Pleisomon plus Data MetalSeadramon equals Vaccine, what?). At least, as mentioned before, we got the Super Ultimate Examon back, as well as Rafflesimon and, most recently, JesmonGX. Here's hoping this trend can continue (honestly, as overplayed as Omegamon is, I wouldn't mind getting a Data variant.... I keep thinking a potential VictoryGremon+Z'dGarurumon fusion should result in it).

Super Ultimates aren't really a thing outside of certain contexts. They're just an amorphous subcategory of Ultimate, which is how the Reference Book treats them.
Yeah, but it's still nice to see a piece of media actually come out and confirm which particular Digimon could count as Super Ultimates, which kinda makes me happy to see Cyber Sleuth bring the stage back to the forefront (even if, in practice, it was a bunch of Digimon who aren't near as broken as their level would suggest).

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know what? I truly want a Data type Angel with Ultimate level. All Child levels of Great Archangels are mostly Data types. Bandai. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Yeah I really hate it when Examon got treated this way in Cyber Sleuth series. I felt like he isn't such powerful ally compared to other Data types.
Examon was supposed to be very powerful Data type and way bigger... Than the meteor.

I don't think I have seen a Demon type with Data attribute before.