DarkKnightmon X Preview for Booster Set 10

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm Knightmon's case will be another new unique issue like Gomamon's "Ultimate slot" case?

Nah.

Zmr

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still think DarkKnightmon should have a proper evolution,
Craniummon, Lordknightmon, Duftmon, Chaosdukemon.
What I mean by a « proper » evolution is a Digimon created specifically to be DarkKnightmon’s Mega, which isn’t the case of any of them.

That's very clearly the case with DarkKnightmonX though. I seriously struggle to see how it isn't intended to be DarkKnightmon's main Mega. The only thing that doesn't make it 'proper' is that they share the same name, which is hardly unprecedented in Digimon.

Darklabo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still think DarkKnightmon should have a proper evolution,
Craniummon, Lordknightmon, Duftmon, Chaosdukemon.
What I mean by a « proper » evolution is a Digimon created specifically to be DarkKnightmon’s Mega, which isn’t the case of any of them.

That's very clearly the case with DarkKnightmonX though. I seriously struggle to see how it isn't intended to be DarkKnightmon's main Mega. The only thing that doesn't make it 'proper' is that they share the same name, which is hardly unprecedented in Digimon.
Because it’s nothing more than the X-Antibody version of DarkKnightmon, which 99% of the time aren’t considered to be proper evolutions of the original Digimon.
The only 2 exceptions being... well, DarkKnightmon, and Lucemon, who can also evolve into Satan Mode.

Zmr

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well if you've acknowledged it's one of the few exceptions I don't see the problem here. 🤷

Darklabo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well if you've acknowledged it's one of the few exceptions I don't see the problem here. 🤷
Exception =/= Proper Evolution

Why does I feel like I insulted everyone’s mom when I just said I would like DarkKnightmon to have a proper/classic/regular/normal Mega like every others Digimon of the franchise ?

Last edited:

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The profile itself mentions it's a form of DarkKnightmon that achieved Ultimate evolution and is clearly designed to be an evolved form for DarkKnightmon.

Is fine just saying you want a non-x evolution.

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You said "proper evolution" and a lot of people here seem to disagree with you on what constitutes a "proper" evolution.

The reference book itself seems to consider it an evolution just fine.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You said "proper evolution" and a lot of people here seem to disagree with you on what constitutes a "proper" evolution.
Part of the issue with wanting a “proper Digivolution” for DarkKnightmon is also that the very point of his character in Xros Wars was that he was incapable of bridging the gap between himself and Bagramon because he lacked any form of idealism and the conviction to upload such.

He basically fancied himself a noble and only cared about appearance hence why he coveted his elder brother’s power and why his plan ultimately ended just as catastrophically as the endless schemes of G1 Starscream despite being far more competent than the Decepticon ever could.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Part of the issue with wanting a “proper Digivolution” for DarkKnightmon is also that the very point of his character in Xros Wars was that he was incapable of bridging the gap between himself and Bagramon because he lacked any form of idealism and the conviction to upload such.

He basically fancied himself a noble and only cared about appearance hence why he coveted his elder brother’s power and why his plan ultimately ended just as catastrophically as the endless schemes of G1 Starscream despite being far more competent than the Decepticon ever could.
I mean it'd also have taken him thousands of years to get to the power level to defeat Bagramon himself, with how Tactimon mentioned it took him thousands to become Tactimon. He just didn't have the time needed to get to Mega. He'd get to it eventually even if it was just something lame and not created for him specifically. But by then Bagramon has been a Mega for thousands of years as well.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean it'd also have taken him thousands of years to get to the power level to defeat Bagramon himself
You severely misunderstand how Xros Wars worked, which is weird because the case of Darkknightmon is actually and literally spelled out in the show itself. Skullknightmon was not going to get stronger, straight up, so he pioneered the Digixros to combine him with the one servant of his that was properly loyal to him, becoming Darkknightmon, and planned to eventually do it to Bagramon to steal his strength because Bagramon was stronger than he could ever hope to be. When he does this, the resultant combination is directly stated as being weaker than Bagramon was by himself by Shoutmon, which is corroborated by Bagramon just fucking murdering him within the combination soon afterwards and explaining to him and the audience that his central issue was his lack of conviction and ideals, and, as realized by how Bagramon was defeated two episodes later, a lack of friends to borrow strength from (which is also where Bagramon ended up falling, as all of his friends were dead by the time he went up against Shoutmon, all of his minions died by his own hand during the battle, and Shoutmon was able to call on significantly vaster wells of power beyond what should be physically possible to win anyway.).

Darklabo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My bad, I should have explicitly said I wasn’t considering DarkKnightmon X to be a proper evolution in a comment about a card named DarkKnightmon X where I complain about the lack of proper evolution for DarkKnightmon 😐

The reference book itself seems to consider it an evolution just fine.
The Reference Book mention the level-change precisely because DarkKnightmon X is an exceptional case, though.
Which once again, is my point since the start of this boring debate.

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I just started Xros Wars, so soon I will know more about the character. This booster set kind of propped my interest in seeing him there. 'v'