D/P's third game

Ryo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seeing as every other generation has had a third game released after the first two versions, it's pretty safe to assume the same will happen for Diamond and Pearl.
Just as Emerald was to Ruby and Saphire
Crystal to Gold and Silver, and Yellow to Red and Blue.

But on every single forum I've been on this topic has been debated over and over and over again.
So what I'm asking is: If there is a third version to accompany D/P in the fourth generation, what kind of additions would you want in the game?

-I for one was disappointed to have rebatteling Gym Leaders pop up in Emerald, then disappear.
It was one of my favorite features in the game and I'd love for it to be brought back.
-Plus, I know there was a shortage of fire types in the game, but really- Why did so many trainers have the starters? I thought it was cool, since they were actual pokemon and weren't really considered as rare as other starters, IMO. But there really wasn't that bad of a need to constantly use them over and over again.
-Redesign the damn male trainer.
-A Sinnoh Battle Frontier would be awesome. Hell I'd be satisfied if they put a boat in the Fight Area and said "HAY WUNNA GO 2 HOENNS BATTLE FRONTEIR?" and just brought back the old one with D/P graphics.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Give us back the Fame Checker. It was invaluable to fanfic writers.

Kuronaruku

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dramon District, Desktop City, Modem, Digital Worl
[quote author=Ryo link=topic=3535.msg55161#msg55161 date=1181627293]
-Redesign the damn male trainer.
[/quote]

Yes. the whole Frenchy Beret look makes him look weaker than Ash. Probably the most unpleasant design I've seen.

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, you would think that with all the advances in memory, hardware and software, they'd be able to let us pick what we want our trainer to look like for clothing. At the very least give 3 or 4 options for each gender.

Say, the default sprite, Red and 1 or 2 others. There can't be that many animations that these guys use :-\

Sakura

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would say:

-Fame Checker: It was awesome because you can gather a good amount of information on important characters
-Re-Battle Gym-Leaders: I've never played Emerald before, but that sounds like a cool feature
-Make the PokeRadar and Sinnoh Underground less of a pain in the ass
-Design your trainer (Hey, they had t in BR right? Why not a handheld game?)

So basicly...everything that everyone has already said. Also though I'd like to add that we should get better prizes from the Game Corner. After all, what is a Game Corner without smuggled Pokemon?

It's not really the third game that I'm hyped about, I'd like to see a better spin-off games (Will we EVER get a game playing as Pokemon Nurse? that would be a good game for the DS) and if we don't get a G/S/C re-make after all the little bits and peices of Jhoto in this game... well, I wouldn't be very happy at all.

DtD

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My wants;

Charater Designer
Battle Frontier
Re-battling Gyms
Allow the Pokeradar to charge, instead of having to take 50 fucking steps every time
Celebi
Underground can be used on WiFi
...I know this would never happen but, wild starters xD

Airdra

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I want touch screen support on the Box system. It would be just so much easier to just touch the Pokemon with the stylus and drag them around to where they needed to go. (I say this because my boxes are horribly disorganized right now and the prospect of getting them organized scares me.)

Character customization would also be nice. I feel kind of bad for the guys who are stuck playing as that beret-wearing little dork. XD You can sort of pick what you look like in the Union Room and stuff, but that's not exactly something you actually get to see in the course of your game.

And they need to add in more stuff after the E4. G/S/C were great in that regard, and I'm hoping for a remake (with even MORE stuff added XD).

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I may be the only person in the world that likes the male trainer design...

Shadow King

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=The Golux link=topic=3535.msg55311#msg55311 date=1181767179]
I may be the only person in the world that likes the male trainer design...
[/quote]

No, you're not alone, I like it.

I do want to see character customization in it though. Something else cool would be to be able to change a Keckleon's main color. ;D

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When you see it from the top down, it's not so bad, but really, what if I want to play as Red? It's not like they shouldn't be able to have at least 2 character options per gender.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I wouldn't mind character selection either, I say selection becuase it would be more practical in a handheld pokemon game than Customization(even as little customization as the recent Yugioh games had it wouldn't be to practical for pokemon due to walking sprites.) But yeah, throw in Red or some random other character design, to choose from and that would be nice.

WyndRyder76

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Airdra link=topic=3535.msg55252#msg55252 date=1181698728]
I want touch screen support on the Box system. It would be just so much easier to just touch the Pokemon with the stylus and drag them around to where they needed to go. (I say this because my boxes are horribly disorganized right now and the prospect of getting them organized scares me.)

Character customization would also be nice. I feel kind of bad for the guys who are stuck playing as that beret-wearing little dork. XD You can sort of pick what you look like in the Union Room and stuff, but that's not exactly something you actually get to see in the course of your game.

And they need to add in more stuff after the E4. G/S/C were great in that regard, and I'm hoping for a remake (with even MORE stuff added XD).
[/quote]

I'm not sure about the DS. But in Emerald, you could press the Select button, and the little pointer turns orange and you could select more than one pokemon at a time.

Me?

Rebattling Gymleaders (That's gone?! Why!? T.T)
Battle Frontier
Evolutions for some pokemon *coughspindacough*

shermpmc

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Most of my ideas are the ones you guys've already posted. Rebattling Gym Leaders should have stayed, as well as the Fame Checker.

[quote author=WyndRyder link=topic=3535.msg55368#msg55368 date=1181802745]
Evolutions for some pokemon *coughspindacough*
[/quote]
Pandizzy? ^_^

Shadow King

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And Kangaskhan. I can't believe they STILL haven'tcom up with the prevo.

Matsuo_Makoto

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
personally, i hate how they have made almost EVERY single evolution pokemon into a multiple one. I loved how scyther and snorlax were the only evolution, and now scizor and munchlax come along. Muchlax ruins the sleeping part of snorlax and focuses on the eating part. scizor is alright, but i always imagined scyther to be the only evo. Thank god pinsir is still solo.

omegaknight

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's alot of pokemon that could use either pre-evos or new evolutions, they could even add split path evolutions. I agree with what you all said they need to bring back the ablity to rebattle gym leaders, wild starters would be an interesting idea only if they removed gts and added it after the e4. They need bigger maps with more things to re-visit. More after the e4 events. Plus for just one game maybe have all the starters use evolution stones to reach there new evolutions rather then just lvling all the time. As well as an in game iv cheaker for the pokemon on you team, i mean they have a checker for everything else. Finaly they need a better pc with a new search system, because with almost 500 pokemon boxes can get pretty hard to use.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Matsuo_Makoto link=topic=3535.msg55396#msg55396 date=1181840561]
Thank god pinsir is still solo.[/quote]
Personally, I thought it evoed to heracross at first. Would have been kind of cool. And since scyther evoed, I kind of hoped it did. But girl heracross have heart shaped horns. Which is cute.

Anubimon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The big thing I'd like to see improved upon in the next gen is the GTS. At the very least I think it'd be nice if they let you search for people who were seeking a specific Pokemon (i.e., you have a Cyndaquil you want to trade. It'd be nice to see if you could search and see what people were offering in hopes of getting a Cyndaquil). Maybe search for held items too, though I don't really see how practical that'd be.
Otherwise... I've always kinda wanted to be able to customize my trainer. I guess since there's front/back sprites it could be difficult, but at least give a few options for how the trainer looks. I want my lovely R/S/E guy back. ;_;
Re-battleable gyms would be great. At least include an Elite 4 round 2 like was in FR/LG, that was a wonderful feature. Also made getting levels up a lot easier.

Airdra

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oooh, that option on the GTS would be great. Like when I had a surplus of Totodiles I'd bred and was trying to get rid of them; that would have gone more quickly than what I wound up doing--putting them up for trade one at a time.

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the GTS idea, they should filter results and allow you to only show based on what you have. That way if you don't have Palika, you won't see the billions of "Bidoof for Palika" type things on the GTS.