D-Power (EU) Instructions Search and Findings

springogeek

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just bought one of these off of eBay, which is awesome, but it didn't come with instructions, which is not.

The basics are easy to intuit, but I'm having a hard time understand the more subtle things relating to how the battle cards work, and how to improve my Digimon's abilities so they can win any battles.

I was wondering if someone could explain how it works to me, or post a scan of the instructions, or something else.

Thanks for your help :)

springogeek

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Re: D-Power (EU) Instructions Search

Thank you for the link, however I've already read the page. It isn't specific enough on the information I want :(

Purpurn

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=springogeek link=topic=17267.msg232958#msg232958 date=1346260142]
Thank you for the link, however I've already read the page. It isn't specific enough on the information I want :(
[/quote]

I don't own a d-power from the EU, but I have asked if they would consider getting scans of instructions placed somewhere. They have stated that they could probably do this, but I'm not sure where they are in the process. I think this would help out a bit more. I love file island, but it is lacking a little in some areas. You might search online if you can find a PDF of the instructions or a scan of them. :/ Sorry I can't help more.

-Purn

springogeek

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

File island is a great resource, but you are right, it is missing a few things.

I've been looking online, but i haven't been able to find any PDFs :( If someone has this, it would be much appreciated.
Surprisingly, a couple of youtube reviews explained some of my problems with it.

I'm updating this post with the things I've read about, tried and found to work, as a resource for others. This includes some of my experiences which I am unsure about, also.
If anyone else has something to contribute, please feel free to add it, just make sure you've tested it, rather than just copying from the internet.

Mute: Press the down and left buttons. Try to press the bottom button slightly earlier if it doesnt work. Then use the left/right buttons to switch the mute setting.

Battle Cards:

Each card requires you to slash the card through the D-Power at a different speed.

The battle cards are:-
Speed (Man running) - Medium Speed
Attack (Blast Wave) - Slow Speed
Sniper (Upwards arrow) - Fast Speed
Defense (looks like a shield) - Unknown. This one seems to act randomly. Sometimes increases sense rather than life.

At the beginning of a battle, it appears that you are dealt 4 cards from your collection, which are the only cards available to you during that battle. Sometimes you are dealt new cards to replace those you've used.

I think the reason that you can have multiples of a card are so you can affect your ideal set of cards to use in combat, as they are dealt randomly. You can only have a maximum of 4 of each card. After that, you won't be able to buy any more from the card sellers.

D-Volve Cards:
These act oddly. When you find and rescue Calumon, he gives you one of these. Using them in battle uses up D-Energy. The cards appear to be numbered, I assume for the number of levels you digivolve up to. Slow/medium slashes are better.
I just got the D-Volve card labelled 10, which is the third you get. (10 = 2 in binary). It doesn't seem to digivolve my digimon to mega, so something else must be going on here.

Combat Tips:
During the opponent's attack, press the bottom button repeatedly, and it might let you use a battle card, before the attack hits. VERY handy.

I'm having real trouble with the buttons on this Digivice. I cant seem to press them fast enough so they register in order to escape Impmon.

Sasophie

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

cool just got my new d-powr EU today and your additional instructions are really helpful. thanks so much for that. If I find somthing more I will keep you updated ^^

springogeek

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Hurray! I'm glad someone else found some use for them.

Did your D-Power come with instructions, or did it come like mine, with nothing?

Sasophie

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Sadly it didn't come with the instruction booklet either... You just add the sound off tip which I discovered last night lol

During my last enconter fight I lost to meramon and got my new bought power card stolen!!!! yes that jerk took my awesome new card away... I'm kinda mad at the game for that right now lol.

springogeek

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

That happened to me a few times, damn Impmon!

I can't tell who half the digimon are, which makes me sad. Happy travels, Tamer :)

Sasophie

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

lol thanks in fact you could post all your new discovery on the fileland topic http://withthewill.net/index.php?topic=16596.0 so they can updated the site for other tamers who will have the same questions and problems we had lol

springogeek

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After two years, my D-power research quest has resumed! (Somehow, the batteries managed to stay just fine with zero use for two years. Thats impressive!)
I can't say I've learned too much more but I'll start updating posts with what I have.

As much as I love the concept, I'm finding the implementation details of this digivice to be sub-par.
Card slashing, while awesome, is really unreliable for me. Often I try to slash something and it has absolutely no effect.

Also, the "Impmon stealing digimon" event is still super frustrating, as no matter what I do, I cannot press the button with both the speed and accuracy required to prevent it.
Unlike the US/EU D-3 I have, the buttons are not very stable, prone to wobbling to a side, or simply not pressing whatever button mechanism is under the plastic. Interestingly, he sometimes drains all your Digivolve power, rather than steals a digimon. Which is perhaps even more frustrating, to go from 99 to 0.

However, I did learn the "10" digivolve card (the third one you get) CAN sometimes push you to Mega level, but it is very rare, and I've not managed to do it consistently. I'm still not really sure what the appropriate speed for digivolving is.

I realised also that almost all the non-boss enemy Digimon can be scanned by my D-terminal, so later I may restart this game and post a list of what is in each map area, with how much life it has.

As always, if anyone has something to add, I'd be grateful.

Last edited:

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi there.

I bought a D-Power not too long ago, and yes. Impmon is the most frustrating event ever. If you get fill the energy bar, it can still steal your partner or D-Energy. And if you only get 3/4, you can still get away. I suspect a software bug here?

About card slashing: it depends on the speed, but also notice that the "card reader" has two pieces. The one you call "Sniper" works better for me if I slash the card up to the 1st piece slowly, wait a bit, and then finish slashing. The Speed one works better for me with a fast slash (but not too fast; that will mean a failure).

The shield card increases your HP if you use it as a counterattack, while it increases your Sense if you slash it before engaging in combat.

One question: what does Sense do? It improves your chance of NOT being counterattacked?

springogeek

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello there!

I've never filled the energy bar 4/4, so I don't actually know what happens there, but if he still can steal it, thats awful.
But the few times I got to 3/4 Impmon still stole something. You never get away unscathed
Taking away digimon is such a terrible game mechanic!
There might be software bugs, or just a random number generator that hates us.

The suggestion of getting the card into the reader, but not slashing properly until its lined up is not a bad one. I'll try it and see how I do.
The consensus according to other sources (which is why they are in my guide) is "Sniper" requires fast, "Speed" requires a medium speed and "Power" needs slow. Shield is the odd one, because I've not found any explanation of how fast to do it, so I try to get a medium pace on it.

My theory for the purpose of the stats goes like this:
Life is health (obvious)
Power is how hard you hit.
Speed affects whether you go first, and whether you can dodge an attack.
Sense is how to not miss a dodging digimon and perhaps how likely you are to be able to use a card to counter attack.

Good observation about how the shield card behaves in combat. I rarely use the shield card usually, so I hadn't spotted that.

An interesting note, one website I found (I'll probably make a post with my sources later) claimed that different partner digimon respond to different cards in more favourable ways so that each has their own preferred fighting style. This needs further study.

Final bit of news from my quest resuming: I recently unlocked Lopmon (who is faced as a two-stage boss), who digivolves to Turuiemon and then Antylamon. I haven't unlocked Mega yet, so I can't see the stats of that level to see if Lopmon has a mega form.

EDIT: I probably should mention I'm working with a Version 1 D-Power, so I'm not sure how much changes between versions.

EDIT 2: Just beat Makuramon, who is also a two stage boss. Beating him rescues Calumon (hopefully for the final time) providing me with the "11" digivolve card. Huzzah.
The map for the new area I've entered is very interesting compared to the others. It looks like a grid. Perhaps that is supposed to represent being in the digital world?
I wish I had taken pictures of all the maps. That'll be something to do next time around.

EDIT 3: So during the last area, it seems that Impmon doesn't try to steal your cards or digimon at all. All the ??? events are card shops. Good if you wanted to customize.

It looks like for the first playthrough, Impmon is the final boss. (I saw a video confirming this before, but now we know.)
Another two stage boss, he digivolves to Beelzemon. After beating him both times, some animations play, we get team work victory dances, and then it says "Thanks" (it may have said "Thamks" :p ) and then there was an image of Mephistamon briefly (a conclusion based on these two videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jefyPAEYjKc and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZlo8IdKFMw), before we are returned to the first area of the game to begin the quest again. However, this time, we begin with all our digimon and digivolution cards.
The only changes I expect from this second playthrough are that instead of Impmon kidnapping your digimon, it is Makuramon (the monkey-based Deva), and the final boss becomes Mephistamon.

If you look at the Win/Loss stats at this point, a P in a circle is visible now, completing the first playthrough.
Impmon is now in the party also. He only gets a Rookie and Mega form.

Hmm... At this point... I may take a bit of a break, before returning to write up a walkthrough, complete with maps and digimon found.

*victory dances*

EDIT 4: Oh crap, it looks like my D-power is on very low battery (the screen has started glitching). I've got it on life support (sharing power from another digivice for now) but if i replace the battery and the state isn't saved, the second-playthrough walkthrough may have to wait :( Honestly, considering I replaced the battery two years ago, and used it heavily these past couple of weeks, I am surprised it didn't die earlier, but still. Wish it luck!

EDIT 5: Yeah, battery is replaced, but life support didn't work, so I will have to start my quest from scratch. At least the eventual walkthrough will be more accurate now.
Coming soon... :)

Last edited:

RyuShinEX

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey guys,

I do have EU/Asia D-Power instruction manual. I'll scan it when I have the time. :)

springogeek

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is really great news.
It'll be interesting seeing how close I was about certain things.

I'm collecting walkthrough info for my D-3 ATM, but I'll return to this soon for a proper walkthrough. :D

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I should have my D-3 intructions somewhere (D-Tector's were nowhere around...), but I don't have a scanner. I doubt a picture taken with my cell phone will do. Still, I'll try. D-3's gameplay is quite simple, specially when compared to D-Tector's (even for the downgraded USA/Asia/EU versions. EVEN for the HIGHLY downgraded EU version).

springogeek

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The D-3 walkthrough is a little different. I wanted to get an idea of they game structure, so I have been tracking the names, locations, power and health of the opponents and party members. I thought it would be interesting.

Once I complete the D-3 a second time (to get Magnamon) I can return to the D-Power, all fresh, and do the same. I was considering collecting a gallery of the sprites together also.

I was a little disappointed with its gameplay in comparison to the D-Power. You don't feel like you have much agency except "How much should I digivolve?" At least the D-Power allows for counterattacking. However, it doesn't take away your digimon, which is a plus. It also interrupts your life less often, making it good for casual play.

Last edited:

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Which D-3 are you playing with? v1 or v2? (solid or translucent color; one or two arrows in the white button) On v2 you can get Magnamon/Rapidmon during the Terriermon-Lopmon incident, but the DigiEgg of Miracles is destroyed after a single use =(

And yes, having a compil of all the Digimon that appear, with their stats, would be awesome. I no longer own a D-Terminal, so I couldn't check a few I couldn't recognize on both D-3 and D-Power.

springogeek

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have the D-3 EU Version 1. Solid Blue and White with one arrow. I've identified all the enemy digimon I think.
With the V1, You get the DigiEgg of Miracles after beating Baihumon, who appears after completing the game and finishing the final area a second time, defeating Azulongmon. (During this fight, you get access to your Mega Forms. The only other thing I'm missing).

Having a D-Terminal makes checking the D-Power much easier than the D-3. Sadly the v1 D-3 only lets you scan the party digimon, which is pretty useless most of the time, because I knew almost all of them anyway.

The D-3 data I've collected so far can be seen here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M04kxGTg9sP-CEOGzu-Gu1wPeNRxbuq_HUSAR1qHDjQ/edit?usp=sharing

There are three tabs of info :)

If you can snap a picture of the ones you don't recognise, I'm sure we could work on identifying them. This thread was great for that: http://withthewill.net/threads/14868-Who-s-That-Digimon

Last edited:

delta

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While this is actually the D-Power ver.3 manual, it explains what you should do with the Defence Card, the one you called 'Shield'. You do have a correct guess about what it does. That manual is actually not so useful after all, as it doesn't explain much about the extra features of the cards.

As far as I remember, you can get 2 more partner Digimon after completing the quest on D-Power v1 twice, which are Cyberdramon and Veemon. Cyberdramon is a very useful partner which has the power of an adult or above even without evolving at all, and you must find Veemon from one of the spots on final map before beating Mephismon, otherwise you have complete the quest once again just for him. If I don't remember wrongly, Veemon can evolve into Imperialdramon Fighter Mode, which is the reason I wanna get him.

When you are going to restart the quest on D-Power v1, can you do me a favor to capture all the sprites of the partners, friends and enemies, including motions like attacking and being happy?