D-1 Grand Prix Has Ended, WtW Member Wins, 2nd Round Hinted At

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The first of the newly revived D-1 Grand Prix Digimon tournaments has ended!

Brought back as an internet event, the first D-1 Grand Prix in quite awhile was held using the new 20th Anniversary Digimon V-Pets.

With it ending, they've hinted at a second one in that fun way of going "Details will come later... when a 2nd is confirmed" basically admitting they plan to do it without actually confirming it.

And congratulations has to be presented to forum member MrBoot!

Bandai has officially verified him as the winner of the D-1 with his team of Omegamon Alter-S and RustTyranomon.

It'll be interesting to see if Bandai holds to what they said about prizes not being made available if you are outside of Japan when you consider he won the entire thing... especially since the prize for the winner was a one of a kind drawing by Kenji Watanabe.

Hopefully the next D-1 will be formally announced sooner rather than later, and once again, congratulations to MrBoot.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As someone who was knocked out in the first round, the fact that one of our own ended up winning it all is all kinds of awesome. Well done, MrBoot!

DraCat

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As someone who was knocked out in the first round, the fact that one of our own ended up winning it all is all kinds of awesome. Well done, MrBoot!
Second that! Me too was knocked out n the first round. Congratz MrBoot!

MrBoot

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks guys! Hopefully they do a second one sooner than later, I've seen a bunch of people popping up who only recently got their v-pets in, and it'd be nice for them to get a chance to do it too.

Gigamon23

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I agree! It will be interesting to see how they go about things. And once again, congrats MrBoot! So cool to see one of our own win! X) I'm itching to have another go, so the possibility of another tournament is exciting!

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awesome, way to go MrBoot! It'd be cool if they could see this as a sign that they should put in even more international effort.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Great news... congratulations on pretty much becoming the king of V-Petters!

It'll be interesting to see if Bandai holds to what they said about prizes not being made available if you are outside of Japan when you consider he won the entire thing... especially since the prize for the winner was a one of a kind drawing by Kenji Watanabe.
Clearly, if shipping the prize outside of japan is too much to ask they will simply have to prepare a private jet for MrBoot to get him to Japan as soon as possible and have him take part in a glamorous awards ceremony.

Their only other option would be to immediately mobilize the entire Japanese military to invade MrBoot's home country and swiftly annex it. This way he will technically live in Japan and could accept the prize without problems.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow. That is impressive. Glad to hear this. Great job MrBoot. I hope they get their prize.

Wolfshark

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As someone who has a friend who lost in the first round I applaud to MrBoot. I hope he does get the prize though, mailing a piece of artwork shouldn't be too hard. Or at the very least this could lead to them realizing that there's still a decent and loyal fanbase over here. Sure the digimon fandom as a whole may be smaller than say pokemon's but we are still here. (though Japan appears to have the bigger one seeing that most of my digimon art on pixiv is pretty much my only popular stuff on there)

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omg just realized our fellow forum member won!! Congratz!

Keep us updated on what happens

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As someone who never got to participate, being too broke to afford the 20th anniversary V-Pet in the first place, I congratulate MrBoot with all my heart. I'm glad a fellow WtWer was able to win the D-1 Grand Prix, and I just gotta say I always had faith in the fan community on this forum. If a WtWer can't do it, no one can. Congratulations, man! :D

KoushiroIZZYIzumi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holy shit. I can't believe somebody from these boards won.

Congrats to MrBoot!

I'm curious to see the outcome of this development. Maybe I should join in the next time they do this since I got some 20th anniversary pendulums myself.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hang on, what Digimerch do I have?

Hmmm.... *raises US Fusion Loader that I got for $3 on clearance* A toast.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's really cool to see a fellow WtW win this tournament, congrats MrBoot!

Last edited:

Solomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Someone send my congrats to our good ol' reliable friend MrBoot. ;)

MrBoot

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey guys, just wanted to update. I had emailed the D-1 support email last week about whether they'd still be able to send me the prize. They just replied last night and said they would, so we are a go, and said something along the lines of "looking forward to your continued participation in the D-1" (google translate is a bit rough yet).

Hopefully that's a sign of, if nothing else, them at least continuing to open up the v-pet stuff for the west.

Also, thanks for all the kind words, definitely appreciate it! It was a team effort though, I couldn't have had the pair I did without everyone's work on figuring out the new mechanic changes.

Last edited: