Cyber Sleuth Releases Today in the USA, Update- Some bits missing?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, been a long time since we got a full Digimon RPG in quite a few countries (some sites are saying this is the first game in almost a decade, but All-Star Rumble was less than a year and a half ago.)

Image Thumbnail

Today is the day our version of Cyber Sleuth is released.

A port of the Vita JRPG released last year, Cyber Sleuth is getting a physical and digital PS4 release, and a digital Vita release in the USA. Not only that, but they've added a few new Digimon to it.

Image Thumbnail

Pre-orders for the PS4 version at various stores includes a pack of pre-order DLC. Vita buyers who buy it digitally will get this content, along with 2 Vita themes if they order within the first month.

People in the Euro regions aren't left out, the game will come out for them this Friday. Various other regions will be getting the game digitally.

The non-Japan Asian region will also be getting a physical version of the English Vita game.

It's worth mentioning both the Vita and PS4 are region free, so if you want a physical copy and live somewhere where your choice of system isn't getting one, the game is import friendly.

Edit- Confirmation from users that, as expected, the digital Vita version will work on the PSTV. It's expected the physical Asia release will also, but until someone gets one in hand to test, we can't say that's a 100% fact yet.

Pre-orders are still up, and if you are an Amazon Prime member, you get 20% off.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth PS4 at Amazon

Edit- An update regarding an issue with the game is here.

Edit- Yet more issues, including some theme shenanigans here.

Update- Even though Bandai hasn't properly announced any patches regarding the vocal and selection issues, we have an idea what's going on with the missing purple missions now.

Image Thumbnail

They'll be post-release DLC. The first pack went up today, which contains 3 of the missions (labeled as Mission Pack 1.) It doesn't add Dianamon to the Field Guide, which isn't necessarily surprising, since you can't access her without beating all the purple (DLC) missions.

The Sayo/Purple missions contained 12 missions in their Japanese release, where they were also post-launch DLC.

Mission Pack 1 is free. It's expected the rest of the purple missions will be contained in Packs 2, 3, and 4 and will also be free, but thus far Bandai has not provided any confirmation or their plans.

Thanks to saifors for pointing out some DLC was up.

Agu-Chan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I bought a brand new PS4 last week just to be able to play the game. My bank account is quite shot after making that major purchase that I'll have to wait till Friday this week to buy the game. Hopefully the game will hold up to my expectations.

Noctus Noir

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well....time to sneak that PS4 out of my brother's house since I have the larger tv. Hmm, the last digimon game I played was...Dawn?

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, this took hurt from my wallet and I don't even have a PS4 yet, but it will be worth it if we get Next Order, too.

Last Digimon game I played was Dusk, although I do intend to still get Rumble at some point. Currently playing Heroes, too.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm panicking so much. I bought a PS TV, PS4 controller, memory card which came close to 100 dollars specifically for this game. I log in today and it's not in the PS TV store. What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. The only reason I bought a PS TV is because you guys told me it would be OK.

I'm just hoping it's not up yet? Can someone confirm or give me any information?

Please disregard this somebody told me it doesn't update till the late afternoon.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m01f5weUR11rolfc2o2_400.gif

Last edited:

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Got my vita readyt and 40€ on PSN for this Friday, time to wash away the bad taste Allstar Crumble left in my mouth.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just in cases people are wondering about Gamestop orders. This was posted by a member of the DigimonCollect group on FB

For those that preordered Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth at Gamestop the Code for the bonus DLC content is on the receipt!! Don't toss your receipt until after you redeem it!!

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@flintlock
I've had the same annoyance. I was refreshing the Playstation Store at midnight last night, and this morning, and ten minutes ago, lol. Seems odd that the update would not be as the clock rolls over, but it is what it is I suppose. Someone said that the bonus DLC is given for copies purchased at the store within the first month as well? Is this right?

crazedjustice888

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anybody know if the vita version works the pstv?

KoushiroIZZYIzumi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dammit, I forgot about Cyber Sleuth and it's pre-order bonuses.

Oh well, I just purchsed the DLC for the PS4 version off of eBay. I'll wait on getting the game when it goes down to $40 or less (I don't even own a PS4 yet).

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The DLC works as follows:

If you buy the PS4 version physically from a place advertising the pre-order DLC you will receive a code, either on your receipt if in a store, or via whatever system the online store you bought from does codes (Amazon emails them to you for example.)

If you buy the Vita or PS4 version digitally in the first month you will receive the game as a 'launch bundle' where you get the DLC.

Many stores get 'x' stock of pre-order codes and will continue to fill them until they are gone, you are only guaranteed it if you pre-order, but there is still a chance after.

The digital version is up at this point. I'm sure many people would appreciate confirmation if it's up for Playstation TV users. The Japanese version was PSTV compatible, and it seems very unlikely they'd remove that (to the extent multiple gaming sites are listing it as TV compatible) but if you guys who have a PSTV for the game would confirm, that'd probably be a load off many peoples minds.

If it isn't showing up yet for PSTV users, I'd recommend not quite freaking out yet, as the storefront stuff for PSTV is different than the normal Vite storefront and there might just be a delay.

Edit- Got confirmation from Veedramon on Twitter that she's been playing it on the PSTV, so no one should have any issues.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it would be up at midnight or something, lol.
It's funnier than that... I received my DLC code from Amazon at EXACTLY midnight, and it wouldn't redeem because Sony hadn't activated the codes yet.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Small update that isn't necessary relevant to any of us, but worth bringing up.

Famitsu and a few Twitter accounts have revealed that the Japanese version of Cyber Sleuth will be updated to 'Version 1.03' which will update their version of the game to have feature parity with the version of the game the rest of the world will be getting.

This will include New Game+, Difficulty Level Selection (our version added a Hard Mode), and upgrade their online battle system to the new worldwide version.

This upgrade will hit for Japanese players on February 5th (this Friday.)

No mention has been made of the 2 new Digimon that were added to the game for the international version as pre-order DLC, Cherubimon (Vice) and Beelzebumon Blast Mode. Paid DLC or some sort of event giveaway doesn't seem unlikely though.

In more relevant to us (and not necessarily good) news...

There are also some reports that in the Vita version of the game some of the so-called 'purple' missions/quests are missing. There are supposed to be a dozen purple missions total. Differing reports suggest some or all of them are missing on the Vita version.

These are the Sayo and the Seven Great Demon Lord DLC missions from the Japanese version of the game.

In these missions you team up with Sayo, one of the playable characters in Digimon Story: Moonlight (Digimon World: Dusk in the USA) and the rival character in Digimon Story: Sunburst (Digimon World: Dawn in the USA) against the Seven Great Demon Lords. Sayo also previously made a cameo in Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Red and Blue.

Beyond just the purple missions, there are various reports of random bits of voice acting missing in the Vita version of the game.

Both the purple missions and the complete voice acting is in the PS4 version.

We have an email out to Bandai asking if this was done on purpose for some reason, or if it's a problem that will be patched.

Edit- There are some reports of these issues showing up to some degree on the PS4 version also. There are 3 different PS4 versions floating around in the USA thus far, hopefully we get solid answers from Bandai soon.

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope it will get patched, althoughI wonder if it will be in the EU version.
The good news of this is that the fact that it's on the PS4 version means it at least got brought over hoping Bandai addresses this issue.

Airdramon

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll try on my PSTV to see if Cyber Sleuth works when it comes out here. Expect a response in like 24 hours or so.
I know there are several games that work on the US PSTV but not the EU/AUS PSTV (like Dangan Ronpa) so it'll be interesting to know.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll try on my PSTV to see if Cyber Sleuth works when it comes out here. Expect a response in like 24 hours or so.
I know there are several games that work on the US PSTV but not the EU/AUS PSTV (like Dangan Ronpa) so it'll be interesting to know.
We know that it does work thanks to a few different people.

Minus some content missing on the Vita version, which we are still waiting on an answer from Bandai regarding that, all is well.

Aster Selene

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been hopping back and forth on gaming boards left and right trying to figure out what the hell is going on with this whole missing content thing and needless to say I feel like a real Cyber Sleuth in a way that's not very good at all. OTL There are a few misconceptions with what's going on and even the information I'm about to quote below might still have more misconceptions (I'm still on chapter 13, and there's still more info that needs to come in from other sources). A lot of it was my own fault; I was hasty reporting my findings on social media, and a lot of people picked up on what I said.

Here's the rundown:
  • Right now, Dianamon's entry is not accessible in the Field Guide, it is not possible to see Dianamon in the evolution tree, and the purple (formerly DLC) quests are missing in both the PS4 and Vita versions. The only known sighting of the DLC quests in localized form is from RespDMO's playthrough of the PS4 version, which is suspected to be a reviewer's copy as it was released prior to the game's actual release.
  • At the very least, Chapter 5 and 6 have a number of missing voice sections (the ones that come to mind the most are Yuuko's gloriously fake bad acting and
    Nishino's breakdown
    , but there are others). However, after comparing with the Japanese version, I haven't noticed anything missing after that. I've only encountered reports of this problem in the Vita version, although I haven't heard accounts of it not being in the PS4 version (i.e. it's possible that simply nobody who's gotten this far has reported it yet). Gameplay videos on YouTube are still rolling out, so we'll probably see in a matter of time.
  • There is a reported problem (serial case) in which people who bought the first-month Vita version (and got its preorder bonuses) but did not preorder the PS4 version (and therefore did not get its bonuses) are now unable to cross-save due to the DLC incompatibility.

What this means:
  • Although it seems the formerly DLC quests and Dianamon were fully localized, and Dianamon was shown off at a Bamco stream, there seems to be clean no sign of her or her associated DLC in any version of the game currently released commercially. It's possible that Bamco may simply want to release those as DLC later, as was done with the Japanese version (only the people who preordered were able to download it from the get-go, and everyone else had a delay). It should be noted that purple is still referred to as being "DLC" quests in the localized game, which would contradict the idea of them being on-disk. The fact it was in a review copy also strengthens the idea of it coming to the game eventually in some form.
  • It's possible the voice issue may just be a voice issue and nothing more than that, and if it's the only problem it's possible Bamco may not consider it a big enough problem to warrant a patch. At the very least, though, they probably need to do something about that cross-save issue.
  • There is no concrete evidence that any of the content issues are Vita-exclusive, as this arose from a misconception in relation to RespDMO winning the circumstances lottery and getting a pristine copy with the full content and such. As of now, there aren't any currently known differences between the PS4 and Vita versions other than those reported prior to the game's release.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The problem with your information Aster, it doesn't line up with people I know who own the game.

A friend of mine got his a day early, a retail copy, and he says the purple missions and 'missing' voice tracks are in his.

You say there is 'no concrete evidence', that's because there is still missing in a relatively decent sized game and many people won't have reached certain points yet.

You can 'claim responsibility' for the misinformation, but everything I posted I got from people whom I actually know (it's possible the information is setup wrong on the disk and they had temporarily put up a patch that got removed due to issues for example.)

At this point I'd suggest not posting things and claiming they are solid as you seem to be trying to when it's clear we don't have a clear idea what's going on quite yet (and the fact different people to some degree have posted, at times, wildly different comments, does suggest at some point an attempt at a patch went out, or that perhaps different distro versions have different potential issues that need to be ironed out.)

Bandai has been contacted about this from multiple people, to multiple departments (I myself have contacted their PR department.)

For the time being, we know there are potential issues, and that Bandai has been contacted about them. What I've posted is what I was told by people I know, beyond that I haven't said anything because I can't speak for what is going on for others.

I added a small bit to what I wrote above that there may be PS4 problems also, and I don't see it worth saying more than that at the moment, since it's clear different things are being said by different people.

Aster Selene

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A friend of mine got his a day early, a retail copy, and he says the purple missions and 'missing' voice tracks are in his.
This is the first time I'm hearing of this, because this has been a hot topic on gamefaqs and so far all the reports I've seen from PS4 players are reporting it missing. (And the reason I thought myself to be at the very least a huge propagator of the problem is that everyone kept continually linking back to a thread I'd made about it supposedly being a Vita-only problem, or a news site that had gotten its information mostly from me.)
I might have been too bold about this if there's apparently a ton of reports and things I'm not aware of, but I was under the impression there was a significant enough sample size leaning towards this direction. If I stepped over the line by being too assertive about it, again, I apologize.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the first time I'm hearing of this, because this has been a hot topic on gamefaqs and so far all the reports I've seen from PS4 players are reporting it missing. (And the reason I thought myself to be at the very least a huge propagator of the problem is that everyone kept continually linking back to a thread I'd made about it supposedly being a Vita-only problem, or a news site that had gotten its information mostly from me.)
I apologize for maybe being so bold about this if there's apparently a ton of reports and things I'm not aware of, but I was under the impression there was a significant enough sample size leaning towards this direction.

There is, but the vast majority of people are people who seem to be re-reporting what they've read at multiple places, rather than people who are confirming what they've seen in game. At the moment I'm not even looking at GameFaqs.

There are definitely different sources because there are different reports of what is actually 'missing.' Whether these are people who actually own the game or are just slightly altering what they've heard, we don't know.

There are at LEAST 3 different PS4 versions of Cyber Sleuth at the moment (digital retail launch bundle, digital copies sent to press and seemingly contest winners also, physical) which may have slightly different bits of code based on when things were finalized.

For the time being, we know there are problems, and that Bandai has been contacted about them in multiple ways. For the moment, I'd recommend having a warm cup of tea and relaxing, because nothing new is going to happen right now.